Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

Does anyone have recommendations between independent colleges/city colleges for there Fe1 courses ? Also is anyone aware if they are both doing hard copy manuals as obviously it will be distance learning? Thanks in advance sorry for the spam, just trying to get my life in order

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Law2020

Hi guys, does anyone have a copy of the EU paper from March that they could email to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Law2020 wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone have a copy of the EU paper from March that they could email to me please.

I'd also love this!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 john_fe12020

Law2020 wrote: »
    I'd also love to get this if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

I presume there is no March EU paper since it didn't sit, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

TCPIP wrote: »

EU sat on the Friday but Tort got cancelled on the Monday as far as I’m aware

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

TCPIP wrote: »

The EU exam did take place; Tort didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kellyg248

Me too Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

I have the EU paper from March. If you all want to send me a PM with your emails I'll send it on no problem. I'll email it on later this evening just to give others the chance to see this and send me a PM. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Anyone else think it's slightly unfair that those who failed Tort/EU in March get the chance to sit the paper again in August and thus to opportunity to start Blackhall this year?

Personally, I have just Cons. left to do but would have another bite at the cherry so to speak if I had one of Tort/EU left...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's slightly unfair that those who failed Tort/EU in March get the chance to sit the paper again in August and thus to opportunity to start Blackhall this year?

Personally, I have just Cons. left to do but would have another bite at the cherry so to speak if I had one of Tort/EU left...

Not at all. I can't imagine being this petty. I'm happy for those students - the Fe-1's are tough as it is.

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Not at all. I can't imagine being this petty. I'm happy for those students - the Fe-1's are tough as it is.

Yeah tough exams for sure. Would know at this stage having 2 sittings under my belt.

Likewise, delighted for those students. Would love to have the opportunity.

However, it's perhaps slighty tough on those who had traineeships lined up and would have to wait for the 2021 intake had they any of the other 6 subjects left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Tort didn’t happen. It was cancelled. So I’m well entitled to sit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

What chapter does intensional torts fall under?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Louis Litt wrote: »
    What chapter does intensional torts fall under?

Trespass against the person/land I think

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Hey folks, Id greatly appreciate it if someone could furnish me with an exam grid for any or all of the subjects below

Criminal
    Tort
    Property
    Contract

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fe120R

Yeah tough exams for sure. Would know at this stage having 2 sittings under my belt.

Likewise, delighted for those students. Would love to have the opportunity.

However, it's perhaps slighty tough on those who had traineeships lined up and would have to wait for the 2021 intake had they any of the other 6 subjects left to do.

I agree with you.

Happy for people who are being given the opportunity to sit the two exams but disappointed as I failed Equity in March which was my last/have my training contract and was due to go Blackhall 2020. I know Tort was cancelled but EU went ahead so say if people did sit it and failed & were due to go to blackball in 2020 they are getting another opportunity to try to be in the 2020 intake but anyone with outstanding exams in the other subjects have to wait until October and the 2021 intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭vid36

Fe120R wrote: »
    I agree with you.

Happy for people who are being given the opportunity to sit the two exams but disappointed as I failed Equity in March which was my last/have my training contract and was due to go Blackhall 2020. I know Tort was cancelled but EU went ahead so say if people did sit it and failed & were due to go to blackball in 2020 they are getting another opportunity to try to be in the 2020 intake but anyone with outstanding exams in the other subjects have to wait until October and the 2021 intake.

The Hybrid doesn't start until December/January. You may still make it on time.

Fe120R wrote: »
    I agree with you.

Exactly my point. Just luck of the draw in terms of subjects I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Does anyone have a recent sample answer booklet for EU that i could swap for or otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Fe1newbie

Hey does anyone have any nutshells for Tort?
    I could swap some materials, I’ve 2019 manuals, Papers, sample answers, and all that for most subjects.
    Private message if you’d like these.
    Hard to know when to start studying, don’t wanna burn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawhead12

Has anyone other than those who requested a recheck received their scripts under GDPR yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Fe1newbie wrote: »
    Hey does anyone have any nutshells for Tort?

What do you mean by nutshell? The Tort nutshell that I am familiar with is riddled with inaccuracies.
    lawhead12 wrote: »
    Has anyone other than those who requested a recheck received their scripts under GDPR yet?

I haven't even received my script yet and I've already requested a recheck.

Not really - people who have tort left have Passed the other subjects.

Luck of the draw goes both ways - if I’d done tort in my October I wouldn’t have to open a book this summer as I’d have earned my place fair and square in Blackhall.

How long before the exam should you start revising? Too late and you risk not covering everything sufficiently, too early and you'll just get burned out.

How long before the exam should you start revising? Too late and you risk not covering everything sufficiently, too early and you'll just get burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

The usual rule of thumb is 8 weeks full time for 4 subjects, so I guess half or quarter that depending on whether youre doing 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

lawhead12 wrote: »
    I’ve requested a recheck and I still haven’t received my scripts yet even though I requested them on the 1st May. I’ve sent a follow up email aswell but still nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Fe1newbie

From what I’ve been advised from successful students is to give myself 4 weeks of full study for 2 exams...big thing is to be fresh and not suffer ‘burnout’

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement