Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭georgina...c

So ye, how many sleeps is it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

everlast75 wrote: »

8) Sundays - Reading, writing and arithmetic - One of the sweetest female voices ever. Glorious. Again, one that I listened to on repeat and still love to this day.

Nice list, Everlast. I haven't even thought about the Sunday's in an age but I loved this album too. Really beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

So ye, how many sleeps is it again?
    https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20210903T1635&p0=5494&msg=EP+2021&ud=1&font=serif&csz=1#

Set for "The Roadhouse Doors" on the Salty Dog stage 4.30pm Friday 3rd Sept 2021.

Bring it on!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Go for it. Top ten influential albums. It's subtly different to favourites. It was for me anyway.

If were doing both, I can bore ye to tears with my favs.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

looks at peoples lists of albums ...

looks at mine...

cowers in shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭endainoz

So this is happening....

It would probably work for this kind of awful music, but would it work for other genres? Some sort of orchestra type stuff possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    So this is happening....

It would probably work for this kind of awful music, but would it work for other genres? Some sort of orchestra type stuff possibly?

Yep, but how lifeless would it be, and not just for the bland Mr. James? He'd lose much of his young audience for this also given the requirement for cars.

And you're right about it working for classical stuff. A bit of Mahler or Prokoviev and I'd be off the Races.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It’s incredibly grim.
    Like poor aul gavin aside, it’s still grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

So this is happening....

awful, awful, awful.... It's like football without the fans, just money grabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭rubick

Lads they've only gone and blocked Boards in work, which I'm taking very personally.

Hope everyone is doing alright. Not be long now!

*NARRATOR'S VOICE*
    "It would, in fact, be long now."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rubick wrote: »
    Lads they've only gone and blocked Boards in work, which I'm taking very personally.

Hope everyone is doing alright. Not be long now!

*NARRATOR'S VOICE*
    "It would, in fact, be long now."

Hey Rubick missed ya, would love to see yer top ten most influential records. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭rubick

Hey Rubick missed ya, would love to see yer top ten most influential records. :)

I can name 10 James albums, no sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I see the BBC doing a few classic Glasto sets on the weekend it was due to be on. Three 90 minutes shows, the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Will it help or just make you howl with anguish at the injustice of it all? Only one way to find out, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

RINO87 wrote: »
    awful, awful, awful.... It's like football without the fans, just money grabbing.

It's trying to provide work for a touring crew who will be out of work for a considerable amount of time....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah shure, RTE will have a budget burstin at the seams and we’ll have the likes of Eoin McTwitter and his bunch of merry buddies on the box spouting pure ******** at the festival,ah well tuck into the cans we will!!!!!!!!

Will 2021 finally be their year, an ideal EP band? Only seen them twice but both pretty great, the first as support in Leisureland in 1984 when I'd no idea who they were but they stormed it.

A Mancunian pal of mine was also their drummer for a couple of months but got sacked for drinking their entire rider before a show. Possibly not the best James gig to have attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

Plush289 wrote: »
    It's trying to provide work for a touring crew who will be out of work for a considerable amount of time....

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

C'mon Rubick you can do better than that, just curious as you have similar tastes to me.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=113286304&postcount=3544

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

https://facebook.com/events/s/arts-and-art-workers-in-the-ti/692279784906468/?ti=cl

This might be of interest to some people here, some interesting guests on it too. I know it's targeted at workers in events but someone might have value in it.

Rory Gallagher tribute festival in Ballyshannon have been postponed to the end of August, I've been threatening to go to it for a while now. Anyone been before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Rory Gallagher tribute festival in Ballyshannon have been postponed to the end of August, I've been threatening to go to it for a while now. Anyone been before?

It's a class weekend.
    I'd imagine it'll be cancelled altogether.
    Thankfully our hotel just rolled over our booking to next years festival.

We stay in Bundoran, and there's a regular shuttle bus to and from Ballyshannon (I think it's €2). If you're lucky enough to get accommodation in Ballyshannon all the better.

It has the festival vibe, and you can walk around the streets drinking cans, and get cool ones from the offie and drink them at the many outdoor gigs.

There are some food vans too which were grand.

Highly recommended !

It's a class weekend.
    I'd imagine it'll be cancelled altogether.
    Thankfully our hotel just rolled over our booking to next years festival.

We stay in Bundoran, and there's a regular shuttle bus to and from Ballyshannon (I think it's €2). If you're lucky enough to get accommodation in Ballyshannon all the better.

It has the festival vibe, and you can walk around the streets drinking cans, and get cool ones from the offie and drink them at the many outdoor gigs.

There are some food vans too which were grand.

Highly recommended !

I had presumed it was cancelled alright, but seen as they changed the date they must be reasonably confident of it happening? I might wait and see how it goes, Ballyshannon is a bit of a trek from me but it does sound like a great weekend.

I had presumed it was cancelled alright, but seen as they changed the date they must be reasonably confident of it happening? I might wait and see how it goes, Ballyshannon is a bit of a trek from me but it does sound like a great weekend.

They rescheduled it in mid March.
    There's does be around 10k people at it so no chance of it going ahead imo.

They rescheduled it in mid March.
    There's does be around 10k people at it so no chance of it going ahead imo.

Yeah they might have had a chance if it was less than 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

On a bit of a nostalgia buzz so I created a playlist for EP 2005, for the nice day that in it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3kGvGmcvgJ1PBnJ7uTVQ9P?si=I3-NLTu3ShW_dJ91Jl09CQ

My pal lives there, huge Gallagher fan and loves the fest. Sounds like a pretty mellow affair, always a few decent acts in the main venues and loads of bands play in the pubs also. I'd give it a go.

Rory doc on TG4 at 11 tonight.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    My pal lives there, huge Gallagher fan and loves the fest. Sounds like a pretty mellow affair, always a few decent acts in the main venues and loads of bands play in the pubs also. I'd give it a go.

Rory doc on TG4 at 11 tonight.

Ah yes, Irish tour '74 a classic music documentary! Going to my hometown is iconic.

A friend sent this to me.
    It sounds great in theory.
    Not sure how that'd work in a post covid world, handing over cans etc.
    Might be a goer for smaller festivals, but not so much at EP where Heineken offer this service for free (albeit with Heineken products).

Question for ye festival goers. Friend of mine is working on a prototype cooler that could bring 6 cans down from 24 degrees to 4 degrees in about 5 mins. Do you think it's the type of service people would be interested in at a festival, and if so what would you be willing to pay for the service? For example, you could hand in 6 warm cans of beer on your way into the jacks and they'd be ice cold by the time your finished!

Might be a goer for smaller festivals, but not so much at EP where Heineken offer this service for free (albeit with Heineken products).

Question for ye festival goers. Friend of mine is working on a prototype cooler that could bring 6 cans down from 24 degrees to 4 degrees in about 5 mins. Do you think it's the type of service people would be interested in at a festival, and if so what would you be willing to pay for the service? For example, you could hand in 6 warm cans of beer on your way into the jacks and they'd be ice cold by the time your finished!

Sounds like he's using liquid nitrogen. On a warm Sunday afternoon after two hard days at it, I'd probably pay 5 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Sounds great. The only issue I forsee is the Q's to drop off or reclaim your beers might be longer than the time required to cool them!

Q's into heineken cold rooms can take far too long in my experience and they have a few operating it.

Advertisement