Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Wind affecting your butt??

TA at my childish attempt at humour.

You're really scraping the barrel, there, Ted. :cool: :pac::pac::pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who look like they want to throw themselves out of a window when you pay them a compliment. Face like a nervous sheep.

Youd feel like they think youre some kind of creepy sex pest.

Most people are pleased and like to receive a genuine compliment, I like to say it and mean it and I think I usually hit the mark, but I spoke to such a backward, awkward one a while back. Some kind of emotional cripple-ness.

I dont mean modesty. I understand self deprecation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    We got ours when we were in the US. 1000 thread count luxury except the bleedin things are ever so slightly too big for my bed. Annoys the beejaysus out of me that the sheets move when I roll over but they are such good quality that I would be ashamed to dump them :(

Get a bigger bed, problem solved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

People who look like they want to throw themselves out of a window when you pay them a compliment. Face like a nervous sheep.

Youd feel like they think youre some kind of creepy sex pest.

Most people are pleased and like to receive a genuine compliment, I like to say it and mean it and I think I usually hit the mark, but I spoke to such a backward, awkward one a while back. Some kind of emotional cripple-ness.

I dont mean modesty. I understand self deprecation.

People are different.

People are different.

I know that. I'm fairly accepting but I found it ill mannered. A thanks, or even or pretend not to hear, I could accept...some are just shy...but the absurd reaction. Its hard to describe.

On 2nd thoughts. Had an odd moment once when someone said certain phrases and only afterward I realised I just sat staring at them. He reminded me of someone and it was startling. Mustve seemed incredibly rude. So I revise my. Ta.

We all have our moments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Why don’t you have one?

I have one for years, they have my addres but not my email. I wanted to get a replacement scanfob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That latest tiktok trend (I don’t have it but see it on other social media p) of people miming over audio from tv shows or movies. Absolutely zero skill or talent yet some folk are taking it very seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭georgina...c

Creepy irritating couple up my arse in the queue for the check-out yesterday. :confused:

Don't forget your social distancing peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bought a cordless hedge trimmer in Lidl.
    €24.99! How bad or so I thought!
    Got home and discovered it didn't include battery or charger!

Back to Lidl and paid further €16.99for them! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Creepy irritating couple up my arse in the queue for the check-out yesterday. :confused:

I have a coughing fit in a queue, coughed into a tissue and put it in my pocket to bin when I get home.
    Man in front of me turned and gave out to me for spreading the virus, he walked passed me at the decom station and spat on the car park surface on the way to his expensive car.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Snoging couple in front of me in the queue for Tesco, at least yours were behind

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have a coughing fit in a queue, coughed into a tissue and put it in my pocket to bin when I get home.
    Man in front of me turned and gave out to me for spreading the virus, he walked passed me at the decom station and spat on the car park surface on the way to his expensive car.
    I've started coughing into my Tee shirt when people get to close , a kinda stay the fcuk away cos I don't know if I or you have the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Toothache all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People using the word revert incorrectly. It doesn't mean "get back to you" e.g. "when I get an answer I will revert to you". I just had that from a HR person at my company yesterday, which had me fighting the temptation to start mansplaining. :(

If anyone is able to revert to me, that means they must have been me at some time in the past, since that's what the word means: to return to a previous state. For example: "when under stress, he would revert to a childish state".

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The proliferation of quizzes since lockdown began.

Used to love them, now I couldn't care less.

What's worse is people, knowing that I am a quiz enthusiast, thinking that I would only LOVE to devise one for them and their own quiz night. At least three people have contacted me wanting to essentially do their work for them. It's not really fair is it? Like I don't know the dynamic of the group, whether its a fun quiz or if there is money riding on it, and even the general intelligence levels of the participants.

Quiz nights can fook right off.

The proliferation of quizzes since lockdown began.

Used to love them, now I couldn't care less.

What's worse is people, knowing that I am a quiz enthusiast, thinking that I would only LOVE to devise one for them and their own quiz night. At least three people have contacted me wanting to essentially do their work for them. It's not really fair is it? Like I don't know the dynamic of the group, whether its a fun quiz or if there is money riding on it, and even the general intelligence levels of the participants.

I hate that thoughtless "do this for me" with no details.
    Quiz nights can fook right off.

I hate that. Demands, without information.
    I tell people to give me my brief. I need to know what Im working with. Hate thoughtlesness.

TA paraffin wax candles. Filthy. Carcinogenic toxic cr*p.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Be right back

People stepping off the footpath without looking behind them. Not much good practicing social distancing if you are going to be run over while doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,435 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All these stupid ads the shops,banks;etc have on about Covid19!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

mouth ulcers, they're so sore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Claudia Winkleman saying that the Head n Shoulders smells delicious.

• Advertisement

Claudia Winkleman saying that the Head n Shoulders smells delicious.

I’m annoyed that they expect us to believe she only uses Head and Shoulders!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Everything.Today i was really down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Big skin tag between my legs thats sore, has me walking like a phat waddle...

People who say they are going to bed now and they spend the next hour flapping around the house talking to themselves and doing things very slowly!

dubstarr wrote: »
    Everything.Today i was really down.

Me too, I'm blaming the weather, it's been gorgeous for weeks and now it's like winter again, it definitely affects my mood.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fact that rte shoehorn the the following into all there articles about covid

"Around 80% of cases of Covid-19 will be a mild to moderate illness, close to 14% have severe disease and around 6% are critical.

Generally, you need to be 15 minutes or more in the vicinity of an infected person and within 2 metres of them, to be considered at-risk, or a close contact."

Yes I think we get it already 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

All these stupid ads the shops,banks;etc have on about Covid19!

The new Tesco one with grinning eejits having the time of their lives during the Current Difficulties.

And banks pretending to care.

The new Tesco one with grinning eejits having the time of their lives during the Current Difficulties.

I know the one. They leave there house walking with one reasable bag and end up nearly filling a small Trolley. I've no idea how he's going to carry it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

The Electric Ireland ad on TV at the moment. Chris Hadfield in the space station going around the earth, looking down on Ireland. Beautiful image etc etc.

BUT........

When the camera pans back from the station, the bloody thing is travelling from East to West.:mad:

Everyone knows it travels from West to East:D:D:D:D

Grrrr, sooo angry at the director.:(

(You will all look out for it now...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Their front-line staff will continue to serve the public in branches - and put themselves at risk - similar to supermarket and pharmacy workers. Their support staff in call centres will deal with numerous queries from customers seeking assistance. The departmental staff will continue having to work 12 hour+ days to deal with the absolute avalanche of lending requests seeking reduced repayments, increased overdrafts etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement