Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Slave1 got next

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have you ever (needed to) use it?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Used - yes (testing)
    Needed - no

Think I'll just pony up the Ranger €500 CCS and leave it at so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭markpb

unkel wrote: »
    In my experience they seem to listen to any well made argument during the appeal. I got all my money back :D

For comparison, Revenue valued my 2 year old MCUv1/APv2.5 75D Model X at just €20,000 less than the price of a brand new LR Model X and I didn't get a penny back. There are so few Model Xs (and even fewer 75Ds) for sale in Ireland that that there's no real comparison. I based my appeal on the relative price of 90D, 100D and brand MXs for sale in Ireland but they said those aren't useful for comparison. I'd imagine you'd have more luck with an appeal for a Model S because there are more of them around.

slave1 wrote: »
    Think I'll just pony up the Ranger €500 CCS and leave it at so

Yeah I'd suggest it.
    I got it free with my car too. I think they were sick of me pestering them so they threw it in for free. (I was happy to pay for it but they never asked!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's what I thought, just posted the question in case there was some reason I hadn't thought of, can pick them up cheap enough second hand now...

Link? Last time I looked they were still €300+ if you could even find one. If I could get one for under a hundred quid, I'd probably buy it

ebay UK and Ireland, lad from London selling one at the minute

dodgy chap claiming it works with model 3, andnot showing the version number

Made a few bids, but already gone over GBP100 incl postage, so that's me out :D

In other news, car on back of transporter, the journey begins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

In other news, car on back of transporter, the journey begins!

Will the car have to quarantine/self isolate for 14 days?
    Actually, will the transporter driver have to quarantine too?

I guess he/she could sit in your Tesla watching Netflix or Youtube while it's still on the back of the transporter :D.

Well wear by the way :).

Driver is exempt, car like any other consumer good, are your Amazon packages quarantined.
    Actually, let’s not drag this thread OT

Car added to easytrip, they accepted the UK reg and extra tag in the post, added to EasyGo too and an extra fob in the post. ESB want a tenner off me for another card! so I think I'll just do a copy of that card to any old RFID card I have lying around

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Car added to easytrip, they accepted the UK reg and extra tag in the post, added to EasyGo too and an extra fob in the post. ESB want a tenner off me for another card! so I think I'll just do a copy of that card to any old RFID card I have lying around

eCars are the worst, they wanted €10 to add my existing second card to the account. I just use the app instead!

You expecting the car tomorrow? Exciting times :)

Not sure why you're bothered with eCars? Just for getting the free slow charging? Your car can't fast charge on any of their chargers (for now). I have been doing a big food shop in Tesco Maynooth in recent times and with the queuing I do usually get about 40kWh into the car for free alright. This is usually more than enough until the next time I get there.

I'm sure he's going to get teh CCS conversion done.
    As should you.

You only posted here the other day that if you had to pay for the CCS conversion, you wouldn't do it. And you do a hugely bigger mileage than me :p

I explained before that I almost never go beyond the range of my car (without supercharging). Range at the motorway speed limit is about 300km. Not much point in forking out €500 for maybe once a year when it would be handy. But I'd rather spend an extra 30 minutes or so (slow charging at 23kW instead of "fast" charging at a 50kW ESB charger) and keep that money in my pocket

You expecting the car tomorrow? Exciting times :)

Not sure why you're bothered with eCars? Just for getting the free slow charging?

No, Friday morning I've been told before ready for me to pickup from Eirtrans (I'm an "essential" worker before anyone goes off on one), I will give them a shout tomorrow though and see is it ready for Thursday.

Ecars for the 22 slow chargers as there are plenty on my routes and where I go for walks
    ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm sure he's going to get teh CCS conversion done.
    As should you.

I am but in no rush

I also chanced getting the car added to my Tesla account with a copy of the green slip from the V5C (yes, I also have the full V5C for VRT'ing).
    Bonus time if I swing that

Ecars for the 22 slow chargers as there are plenty on my routes and where I go for walks

Aye, there are a few of them where I would normally go for at least a couple of hours. Like Bray seefront (for cliff walk) or some of the north Dublin beaches. Handy enough to have premium parking for free and come back to a car almost fully charged. Also for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I have been doing a big food shop in Tesco Maynooth in recent times and with the queuing I do usually get about 40kWh into the car for free alright. This is usually more than enough until the next time I get there.
    Aye, there are a few of them where I would normally go for at least a couple of hours. Like Bray seefront (for cliff walk) or some of the north Dublin beaches. Handy enough to have premium parking for free and come back to a car almost fully charged. Also for free.

I think you are finally starting to appreciate AC charging! ;)

Less talk of all these 350kW chargers and more about AC is what we need! :D

At 23kW in a country where fast charging means 43-50kW, it makes slow not look that slow :p

You only posted here the other day that if you had to pay for the CCS conversion, you wouldn't do it. And you do a hugely bigger mileage than me :p

I explained before that I almost never go beyond the range of my car (without supercharging). Range at the motorway speed limit is about 300km. Not much point in forking out €500 for maybe once a year when it would be handy. But I'd rather spend an extra 30 minutes or so (slow charging at 23kW instead of "fast" charging at a 50kW ESB charger) and keep that money in my pocket
    No, i said I wouldnt pay for Chademo. Big difference.

Apologies, I misread that. And FWIW, if I did your mileage and / or regular very long distance trips, I would have gladly paid the €500 for CCS!

I also chanced getting the car added to my Tesla account with a copy of the green slip from the V5C (yes, I also have the full V5C for VRT'ing).
    Bonus time if I swing that

Done!
    Model S added to my account and App up and running! :pac:

Still Friday for pickup though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭markpb

Done!
    Model S added to my account and App up and running! :pac:

Still Friday for pickup though:o

I can't believe that worked! I was told they wouldn't accept the V5 because it was in the previous owners name.

I had the previous owner fill in my details in the "new owner" section so they were happy with that as it lined up with my Drivers License ID

Yes you got lucky there, thats not the usual COA

Oh, I know it, lad I bought it off emailed a chap in Tesla to get car removed from his account and cc'd me on the email so I just responded with all my details and chanced it....paid off

• Advertisement

Breakfast horsing into belly, then off to collect her, obviously got an overnight ferry home

Advertisement