Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Slave1 got next

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slave1 wrote: »
    Breakfast horsing into belly, then off to collect her, obviously got an overnight ferry home

Amateur.

Eat breakfast on the way :)

Good luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Gumbo wrote: »
    Amateur.

Eat breakfast on the way :)

Good luck.

LOL, car spotless and ready for sale, ain't going getting crumbs everywhere!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

LOL, car spotless and ready for sale, ain't going getting crumbs everywhere!!!

I’ll come with my cordless Dyson. I’ll be hoovering as you eat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Exciting times! Pictures as soon as you get it :)

slave1 has landed....manky dusty so that will be tackled very soon

IMG-20200521-131437-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Gorgeous - well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I see a bird has already shat on it!

Looks great!

Gorgeous car, well wear man. Take it from me, you will not be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Very nice. The original owner really spec'd it out well.

Did we badger the price of the op yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

jhegarty wrote: »
    Did we badger the price of the op yet ?

He, understandably, won't say until it's VRT'd :).

Great looking car - well wear :).

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »
    He, understandably, won't say until it's VRT'd :).

UK purchase price has zero bearing on the OMSP in Ireland. Unless it is a very rare / exotic car like a classic Ferrari. So also zero bearing on the amount of VRT due.

But I can understand the OP prefers to be cautious. And when you are appealing whatever amount of VRT you paid, you might as well fight them with all you got. Worked for me :D

So, fluting around with the frunk this morning, it's a bit dodgy opening it via the remote, does not seem to fully unlatch (sounds like two latches) so that's a knack I need to master.
    Found the blue plug for the UMC which I did not know existed, if it's a 32amp version then I could hook up to a golf cart charger and gain ~7.4kw/hr charge (with clubs permission of course), probably ~130kms range gain when otherwise be just sitting the the parking lot

If it's sitting there for 4 hours, sure why not. I plug mine into the 23kW* charging points if I am going to be somewhere for a couple of hours. In fact, most of my charging has been for free since I got the car (and do very little driving these days)

* they are 22kW officially, but I guess that is based on 230V. Whenever I plug in, I typically see the car report the connection is 240V or so, and the car reports taking 23kW (240 * 3 phase * 32A)

unkel wrote: »
    If it's sitting there for 4 hours, sure why not. I plug mine into the 23kW* charging points if I am going to be somewhere for a couple of hours. In fact, most of my charging has been for free since I got the car (and do very little driving these days)

* they are 22kW officially, but I guess that is based on 230V. Whenever I plug in, I typically see the car report the connection is 240V or so, and the car reports taking 23kW (240 * 3 phase * 32A)

I hooked up to a 22 charger yesterday evening and it ramped right up after a few minutes to 108kms gain per hr, didn't really pay any attention to any stats, went off on walk and came back to 161km extra range

I hooked up to a 22 charger yesterday evening and it ramped right up after a few minutes to 108kms gain per hr, didn't really pay any attention to any stats, went off on walk and came back to 161km extra range

Please don't switch to this Tesla crap of kms gain per hour

It's almost as bad as their car prices that have deducted future fuel cost savings

Proper units please, kW for charging speed, kWh for energy units. Not this Tesla nonsense :p

Well I'm only interested in the bottom line and for me that's range

Range depends on a lot of circumstances. Whereas kWh is an absolute measure!

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Well I'm only interested in the bottom line and for me that's range

Unfollows thread

#1 feature of the car for me is the enormous torque, instantly available :)

ebay UK and Ireland, lad from London selling one at the minute

That just sold for the equivalent of over €300 incl shipping. Not my idea of a cheap adapter. If anyone sees one for <€100 let me know. Otherwise I won't bother :D

• Advertisement

That just sold for the equivalent of over €300 incl shipping. Not my idea of a cheap adapter. If anyone sees one for <€100 let me know. Otherwise I won't bother :D

Yeah, that was way too much for what it is

And from today's charge on the way home, 23kW 239v from the word go and no tapering off by the time I stopped charging at 85%

AC doesn't taper until very late (don't think I've tried going past a similar percentage myself). Good to see you also got 23kW (because of a fairly high grid voltage)

Where was this?

So. How does it drive? You've had it two days. Give us an update, man!

Slow charger in Athlone, being honest I haven’t driven it too much apart from pickup from Eirtrans, working so little time. I really want to clean it more than drive it at the minute.
    Of what I have driven, AP is smooth, overtaking on motorway works perfect, acceleration instant of course and I like the funky American “gear” stalk. Sound via Spotify and Tunein is excellent but will try out some flac files over the weekend. Need to purchase many storage accessories but they have to be tasteful. Glad I went for 19s and Air Suspension, smooth as butter.
    But tomorrow if the weather plays ball it will be degrease, detar, deiron, degrease, wash and wax.

You go clean your car tomorrow. I'll go drive mine. Whatever floats our boats :pac:

I don't even really know what detar or deiron means. Do you want to come over and wash mine? :p

You go clean your car tomorrow. I'll go drive mine. Whatever floats our boats :pac:

I don't even really know what detar or deiron means. Do you want to come over and wash mine? :p

Next time Your going away, I’ll decontaminate your paint and polish it. I live close to the airport so I’d have you there in 10 mins. Then I’ll mind your baby for the week while you get free “airport” parking :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Next time Your going away, I’ll decontaminate your paint and polish it. I live close to the airport so I’d have you there in 10 mins. Then I’ll mind your baby for the week while you get free “airport” parking :)

That’s a good idea (not the cleaning/polishing, feck that I’m cleaning no ones car (unless of course they go for the optional €20 quick clean option)).

For €50 per week, I’ll mind anyone’s Tesla, drop & collect you to/from the airport (15 minutes away), and you’ll get your car back with 80%-100% battery (Whatever you require). And as a fellow Tesla owner, you know your car’s not going to get horsed around while your away (unless of course it’s got ludicrous mode). :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That’s a good idea (not the cleaning/polishing, feck that I’m cleaning no ones car (unless of course they go for the optional €20 quick clean option)).

For €50 per week, I’ll mind anyone’s Tesla, drop & collect you to/from the airport (15 minutes away), and you’ll get your car back with 80%-100% battery (Whatever you require). And as a fellow Tesla owner, you know your car’s not going to get horsed around while your away (unless of course it’s got ludicrous mode). :D

I even just thought I’d a catchy name for this venture....

TeslaPark - For Owners, By Owners

• Advertisement

Deal. As long as you promise you drive it at least as hard as you drive your own cars :D

Advertisement