Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The cut off point is impossible to measure in reality given the nature of how money works,but the only thing we can be sure of is that Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos have long passed that cut off point.

Off course i know plenty of people too that don't care a jot about their fellow man but they aren't going around trying to shape policy during a global pandemic on the claims of being altruistic when the evidence clearly shows he is anything but what he claims.

And that evidence is?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well you cannot claim to be altruistic like Bill does when you have 100 billion in the bank,once you pass a certain amount of billions any claims of interest in the welfare of your fellow man goes out the window.

You do know he has donated 45 BILLION so far right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭hopalongcass

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    And that evidence is?

100 billion dollars is clearly evidence of being a greedy psychopath what could you possibly do with that money in one lifetime? we bailed out the banks for less than that and it crippled us causing death and carnage across the whole country and you think its ok for one man to have that much wealth.

Again legally he is allowed but he is morally bankrupt and cannot make any claims of being altruistic with that amount of money holed up in his pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

100 billion dollars is clearly evidence of being a greedy psychopath what could you possibly do with that money in one lifetime? we bailed out the banks for less than that and it crippled us causing death and carnage across the whole country and you think its ok for one man to have that much wealth.

Again legally he is allowed but he is morally bankrupt and cannot make any claims of being altruistic with that amount of money holed up in his pocket.

Ok, you don't like rich people. got it

Uh he made the operating system you are using now

Should he not have engaged in that unspeakable evil?

• Advertisement

His children will be getting a couple of million upon his death. The remainder of his wealth will go to charity.

His foundation pumps billions into research on hygiene, sanitation, agricultural policy(a large proportion of that is his own wealth). Then there's the additional disaster recovery work that they do.

So I would say overall he uses his wealth for extraordinarily positive purposes, the like of Bezos less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

100 billion dollars is clearly evidence of being a greedy psychopath what could you possibly do with that money in one lifetime?
    Yea. He should do something useful with that money instead of hording it.

Like maybe improving health care in developing countries...

Uh he made the operating system you are using now

Should he not have engaged in that unspeakable evil?

He did not single handedly make anything? Hardly anybody did,you should research more before you post.

Gotta say this is easily one of the strangest threads on the interweb,all you guys aware what thread you are on? this is this conspiracy thread and there is just nothing but anti conspiracy posters.

It would be akin to me going to a Rugby thread or Cycling thread subjects i have no interest in and posting non stop,you guys are really lacking attention in your lives.

He did not single handedly make anything? Hardly anybody did,you should research more before you post.

No need to start getting pedantic. He created Microsoft.
    Gotta say this is easily one of the strangest threads on the interweb,all you guys aware what thread you are on? this is this conspiracy thread and there is just nothing but anti conspiracy posters.

It would be akin to me going to a Rugby thread or Cycling thread subjects i have no interest in and posting non stop,you guys are really lacking attention in your lives.

It's a public forum, are we automatically supposed to agree with your opinion?

No need to start getting pedantic. He created Microsoft.

Its clearly a public forum its just an oddity that's all i was saying,usually because debates are easily won in conspiracy threads,you guys probably getting trounced in all other areas and come here for an easy win.Its just weakness for the most part that brings you guys here.

• Advertisement

Its clearly a public forum its just an oddity that's all i was saying,usually because debates are easily won in conspiracy threads,you guys probably getting trounced in all other areas and come here for an easy win.Its just weakness for the most part that brings you guys here.

Oh there's no winning here, everyone is a loser

Oh there's no winning here, everyone is a loser

You clearly think you win in these threads or you wouldn't be here.

Tin foil hat and the likes will be thrown out pretty soon which is hysterically ironic to come into a conspiracy thread and use the standard cliches,like what did u expect to find on a conspiracy thread.

You guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror and think deeply about what your real reason is for posting here,you might learn something about yourselves.

I'd actually say it's imperative to challenge conspiracy theories during a time like this. People who warned about the situation are often referred to as if they created the situation. Conspiracies are pushed about the experts. And the worst part, if we do get a vaccine for this, conspiracies about the vaccine are already occurring.

So yep, it's better to challenge the nonsense now.

I'd actually say it's imperative to challenge conspiracy theories during a time like this. People who warned about the situation are often referred to as if they created the situation. Conspiracies are pushed about the experts. And the worst part, if we do get a vaccine for this, conspiracies about the vaccine are already occurring.

So yep, it's better to challenge the nonsense now.

Again you are just exposing yourself more and proving my point,you come here to anoint yourself the anti-conspiracy police,what a powerful position you guys have given yourselves,how did you qualify for such a position.Was there much study involved to become an anti conspiracy police officer?

Its just weakness that brings you here because you got a long line of easy cliches to win a debate here,you will get it someday when you feel a bit happier in yourself.

Again you are just exposing yourself more and proving my point,you come here to anoint yourself the anti-conspiracy police,what a powerful position you guys have given yourselves,how did you qualify for such a position.Was there much study involved to become an anti conspiracy police officer?

Its just weakness that brings you here because you got a long line of easy cliches to win a debate here,you will get it someday when you feel a bit happier in yourself.

What exactly is it you expected when you posted here? Did you want people to heartily agree with your conspiracy theories? If it's an echo chamber you seek then you are on the wrong forum my deluded friend. If you or anyone else posts ridiculous theories then of course they will be called out on them. If you disagree with what we post then why not post some verifiable facts to refute the posts?

You guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror and think deeply about what your real reason is for posting here,you might learn something about yourselves.

To counter nonsense?

I'm not understanding what your actual point is. If someone wants to post that vaccines or Bill Gates or 5G or whatever causes Coronavirus, you think that we should have a safe echo chamber where no one challenges that?

i.e. this place

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Please post respectfully. You dont have to agree with posters here. Counter their comments civilly.

What exactly is it you expected when you posted here? Did you want people to heartily agree with your conspiracy theories? If it's an echo chamber you seek then you are on the wrong forum my deluded friend. If you or anyone else posts ridiculous theories then of course they will be called out on them. If you disagree with what we post then why not post some verifiable facts to refute the posts?

What theories did i post? Its a conspiracy to say somebody with 100 billion is unscrupulous.I didn't make any"ridiculous theories" in fact i didn't make any theories at all.

You guys have ran all the conspiracy theorists outta here so in fact the ironic reality is the opposite,the conspiracy theory thread is an anti conspiracy echo chamber for you guys,just read back a few pages no conspiracy about anywhere,just a load of guys banging on to each other about how there is no conspiracy. Haha the irony here is obviously lost on you guys at this point in your lives.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

Please post respectfully. You dont have to agree with posters here. Counter their comments civilly.

Haha don't worry mod i will let you guys all get back to your anti conspiracy echo chamber sorry for entering the chamber but surely name the thread aptly.

Clearly this is not a thread i am interested in,if a conspiracy thread ever arrives here i might have an interest in it but the anti conspiracy thread i have no real interest,i mistakenly fell into the wrong thread thinking it was a conspiracy thread but as i now know its an anti conspiracy thread just wrongly named i will move on and i won't be posting here again,see how that works guys.Enjoy the echo chamber.

Its a conspiracy to say somebody with 100 billion is unscrupulous.

It's your opinion. Certainly not one I'd agree with. The notion that human beings who make over X amount of money are automatically incapable of being charitable or well-meaning towards other human beings, it's a pretty bizarre view.

Gates has given away 10's of billions. He's not just dumping money either, he's putting effort into funding stuff that really makes a difference. Of all the people in the world, what is the twisted obsession with him, you literally couldn't find a better role model for billionaires. Literally; he's got other billionaires to sign up and give away their fortunes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

He has a point literally 5 users vs 1 user on here. Your opinions dominant the discussion on here and unfortunate. I not saying i agree with this person, not the point I making.

You cant expect one user to follow every message posted by different users in rapid time. This forum would run better if posts were limited.

He has a point literally 5 users vs 1 user on here. Your opinions dominant the discussion on here and unfortunate. I not saying i agree with this person, not the point I making.

You cant expect one user to follow every message posted by different users in rapid time. This forum would run better if posts were limited.

I agree, maybe that would stop you copying and pasting the same thing over and over.

I agree, maybe that would stop you copying and pasting the same thing over and over.

Stop the bullying of posters is my point :)

People are getting annoyed and say silly things in the heat of the moment and this poster did. I can see why he did it, the same gang in every thread attacks a poster with a differrent view and they leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

be careful what you wish for.

be careful what you wish for.

For this forum it needed because 95 percent of the posters are debunkers. This site seems to be overpopulated with them, might need a vaccine. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Boo hoo no one takes my speculative fiction seriously

For this forum it needed because 95 percent of posters are debunkers. This site seems to be overpopulated might need a vaccine. ;)

there is nothing stopping you and your fellow conspiracists posting more if you want to. though perhaps you should concentrate on quality not quantity.

People are getting annoyed and say silly things in the heat of the moment and this poster did. I can see why he did it, the same gang in every thread attacks a poster with a differrent view and they leave.

in the heat of what moment exactly? before today they have only ever posted once in the CT forum.

So how would you limit posts?

• Advertisement

So how would you limit posts?

Reddit has it but not sure how it work here. They tell you to slowdown and put you on timer and you to wait to reply again. Probably not workable on a forum?

Advertisement