Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just received TF Ombre Leather in the post. Was first time to order a split and I have to say I was not disappointed. Fast delivery, superbly packaged - oh and a fantastic scent. I’m officially hooked, thanks again Pat

Great stuff, enjoy!

New list of stuff gone out by email! Will be on Boards in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Pat,
    Many thanks for the package during the week. Am hopelessly hooked on the fredric Malle , it's a smashing summer scent and another one of your blind buy recommendations as is the trefle Pur.lovely citrus summary vibe off that one and it goes well with the smell of cut grass 😂. Like the Indonesian Oud ,wonderwood and essenza also.
    The spring flower and citizen queen are both a big hit with the Missus.
    Thanks for the service
    Mart

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Losendos

Long time lurker on this thread, looking forward to seeing the new list and possibly placing my first order

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Losendos wrote: »
    Long time lurker on this thread, looking forward to seeing the new list and possibly placing my first order

Just send Pat €200, and let him choose! ;)

No pressure big man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Folks

Just wondering is there any interest in splitting a bottle of Castile From Penhaligons?, Id be interested in 50 ml of it anyways.

I know it was part of pats bargain belter line up recently. Im hopeful he can order some if theres enough interest generated on here.

Many Thanks in advance!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

New list of stuff gone out by email! Will be on Boards in a few days.

Hey Padraig, just wondering when you might get this up here? Thanks

PopTarts wrote: »
    Hey Padraig, just wondering when you might get this up here? Thanks

Apologies, hammering busy at the moment with Covid stuff for work (I'm still working now!) and looking after two kids so time is scarce! A family medical emergency thrown into the mix tonight as well (great timing...) so hopefully over the weekend! Think I'll have to clone myself.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Have you come across this before Pat...not seen it before myself

Apologies, hammering busy at the moment with Covid stuff for work (I'm still working now!) and looking after two kids so time is scarce! A family medical emergency thrown into the mix tonight as well (great timing...) so hopefully over the weekend! Think I'll have to clone myself.....

This isn't a bloody lonely hearts club! Get the list up!!

Only messing. Hope everything's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I got my two bottles of Tom Ford through An Post this morning, they're both very nice. Thanks P.

Have you come across this before Pat...not seen it before myself

Never heard of it - it's a bold claim!
    Soarer wrote: »
    This isn't a bloody lonely hearts club! Get the list up!!

Only messing. Hope everything's ok.

Sorry boss! Things OK but father in law in a bad way - just puts more time pressure on with kids etc - luckily splits is a fun part of the day though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Never heard of it - it's a bold claim!

Sorry boss! Things OK but father in law in a bad way - just puts more time pressure on with kids etc - luckily splits is a fun part of the day though!

It's actually the singer Dermot Kennedy who is making the claim...I'm not in a position to call him a liar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

https://en.brunoacampora.com/collections/pure-essence/products/sandan-pure-essence
    Inspired by the homonymous Middle Eastern divinity, Sandan wraps in a cloud of orange blossom enlivened by the pink pepper and diluted in the soft and balsamic sandalwood. A noble and ancient fragrance, dating back to the times when the gods walked on our land and their deeds were told by the aedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

keane2097 wrote: »
    I got my two bottles of Tom Ford through An Post this morning, they're both very nice. Thanks P.

What did you get as a matter of interest?

Soarer wrote: »
    Did Creed write that?!

Certainly got the Creed superlatives going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

adox wrote: »
    What did you get as a matter of interest?

Hombre Leather and Black Orchid

New May list will be posted in a few minutes but just a quick note re something I've been thinking about recently - similar to fragrance splits but different.......

WHISKEY BOTTLE SHARES

2020030514_redbreast_27_year_old_shadow_original.png

As you can guess, this is basically the same as a fragrance split but you drink the high alcohol product instead of spraying it! (although I guess you could spray it if you wanted...). It's not something I'm definitely doing yet - just putting it out there to see if people would be interested - give me a shout here or PM / email. If so, I'll look into it more (is it even legal?!) and discuss with the mods.

This isn't something I'd envision as being as 'full on' as the fragrance splits - more an occasional single bottle thing rather than multiple bottle orders which I wouldn't have the time to do. You'd be likely looking at 50ml portions at cost plus materials (bottles etc) with my slot being covered by the other members - I hope this sounds OK. Shipping would be as per the fragrance splits - I'm guessing I'd be using glass bottles only so the usual courier charge, but I will investigate plastic ones. Need to check up on the relevant regulations as well.

So, what's being shared? Well, first up would the Redbreast 27 above (RRP €495 I think) - and that would pretty much set the scene in terms of what I'd be looking at. Probably mostly Irish but also Islay (I love me some peaty Scotch), maybe some Japanese etc....

Any thoughts - just let me know.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - MAY 2020:

After a few weeks off due to coronavirus (you may have heard of it), it's time to put a scented pep back in your step! I'm back in operation and can arrange collection of packages from my house in order to abide by movement restrictions. Much of the stuff is in hand and I expect to start shipping these from approx. 18th May.

Please note!
    1. All shipping is subject to Covid-19 delays, longer timeframes etc - shouldn't generally be a problem but mentioning it just in case.
    2. My completion of any 'open splits' which fill may be slowed down by any delays in stuff being shipped to me - there are significant delays across Europe with shipments currently. I will give ETAs as best I can but they are provisional.

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've just (March 2020) started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 4/3/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: needs no introduction. Last one left at €80 for 50ml.
    Dolce & Gabbana - The One for Men Royal Night: Cardamon, amber, sandalwood - easy wearing. 90ml left @ €11.50/10ml, €22/20ml, €31/30ml, or €46 / 50ml.
    Les Senteurs Gourmandes - Thé Absolu: Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex. €8 for 10ml.
    Burren Perfumery - Aran / Man of Aran: unisex marine / citrus with Burren herbs. €8.50 for 10ml.
    Miller Harris - Vetiver Insolent: smouldering vetiver - nutty, smoky, earthy and green. €12.50 for 10ml. One only.
    Dior - Sauvage Parfum: new super strength Parfum version of this monster hit. €15.50 for 10ml, or €28.50 for 20ml. 20ml left.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Essenza: Perhaps the best of AdP's Colonia range, this is simple, clean citrus and neroli - both classy and classic - ideal summer wear. €22 for 20ml. Two left.
    Diptyque - Tam Dao EdT: Perhaps the best known release of this cult house - featuring lots of wood (cedar, sandalwood, rosewood, cypress) and spice. Eau de Toilette version. €14 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, or €36 for 30ml. 30ml left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    512517.jpg

Millesime Imperial *open split*
    Iconic spring / summer unisex fragrance from Creed - salty, marine-y, fruity. An easy wear and never inappropriate - imagine Green Irish Tweed's salty sea dog cousin - with a glint in his eye. RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €80 for 50ml.

................................................................................................................

Original Vetiver *on the way*
    Another banger from Creed - citrus drying down to soapy / earthy vetiver. Another easy wear and very office appropriate. Continuing the theme above, if GIT is an English gent in a suit, this is a Mediterranean guy in perfectly cut linen. RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €22 for 10ml, €42 for 20ml, or €61 for 30ml.

................................................................................................................

ACQUA DI PARMA
    375x500.1685.jpg

Arancia di Capri *in hand*
    Full of fresh, aromatic and encouraging notes - the juicy freshness of orange, Sicilian mandarin, bergamot and luminous, bitter grapefruit. One for the summer!
    €23 for 20ml, €32 for 30ml, or €50 for 50ml.

SIMONE ANDREOLI
    malibu.jpg

Malibu: Party in the Bay *in hand*
    This is getting serious attention online - so much so that shops are selling out of it! Lime, coconut, booze, sugar - if you think this is a summer scent that sounds like Creed's Virgin Island Water you're not far wrong! Ideal hot weather wear and an undoubted similarity to the Creed, albeit a more 'fun' - there's a soild dash of Calippo ice pop in here too. An absolute joy.
    €20 for 10ml, €37 for 20ml, €54 for 30ml, or €80 fpr 50ml. 50ml portion in the original 100ml bottle and box. I've only got one bottle - I'd suggest being quick, very quick.....

JULIETTE HAS A GUN
    375x500.3227.jpg

Citizen Queen *coming soon*
    Female fragrance here from cult outfit Juliette Has a Gun (where'd they get the name?!). I think this is really nice - instead of fruits and flowers, this is rather more suave and features chic powder, iris and musk. More of a 'going out' number.
    €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, or €41 for 30ml

MAISON MARGIELA
    375x500.30262.jpg

At the Barber's *coming soon*
    Lavender, musk, herbs - this is a real 'does what it says on the tin' fragrance. So expect traditional barbershop, shaving soap type smells.
    €15 for 10ml, €27.50 for 20ml, or €39 for 30ml.

PARFUMS DE MARLY
    375x500.11768.jpg

Darley *in hand*
    Lighter than many of PdM's range, this riffs on Amouage Reflection, JPG Le Male and Creed Original Santal. Lavender, tonka, mint and spice. RRP ~€195 for 125ml.
    €17 for 10ml, €32 for 20ml, €39.50 for 25ml, or €70 for 50ml.

ATELIER COLOGNE
    375x500.9423.jpg

Trefle Pur *in hand*
    Did this one previously and hesitated to list it again as it took a while to move previously. But it's so damn good I just had to go again! Bitter orange, clover, neroli, basil - the overall effect is grassy and lightly green. Very fresh, ideal for daytime wear. A true unisex. RRP €60 for 30ml.
    €23 for 20ml, €33 for 30ml, or €50 for 50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Advertisement

Interesting concept to be fair. Only problem with it is, I'd have the whiskey gone in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

hi Pat

20ml of malibu please!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I'd potentially be interested in the whiskey? Can you put my name on the Irish tweed? I'll text you if you still have it. Also what do you sell most of for women? Looking for a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hi Pat,

Can you add two 10ml of Malibu to my order please?

Cheers!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Interesting concept to be fair. Only problem with it is, I'd have the whiskey gone in no time!
    Seems quite common on Facebook groups - spreads the cost!
    I'd potentially be interested in the whiskey? Can you put my name on the Irish tweed? I'll text you if you still have it. Also what do you sell most of for women? Looking for a gift
    Good for GIT - will be in touch. Only female specific I have currently is Citizen Queen but it's really good. No original bottles available though so may not work for a gift? Some of the lighter, citrus stuff may fit the bill too - Trefle Pur is an easy unisex for example.

Oh, and Malibu all gone!

Just a quick note that the Creed Millesime Imperial split is still open if people fancy some salty freshness! Currently have five people signed up, two more gets it over the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭padre78

I like the idea of the whiskey splits. A wee dram of quality whiskey can be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Can you put me on reserve if any body pulls out of the Malibu split please Pat

• Advertisement

Just a quick note that the Creed Millesime Imperial split is still open if people fancy some salty freshness! Currently have five people signed up, two more gets it over the line!

As someone helped me out with a split before, I thought might do the same in this instance.

You can put me down for this please Pat even though I really shouldn't.

Advertisement