Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

approaching women

Options

Comments

Gradius wrote: »
    1) Wait until the female is in a situation from which she cannot easily escape. Bus stop, accident and emergency department, unconscious etc

2) In order to create an attractive and overpowering musk, steep your vest in onion juice overnight in preparation

3) The female responds well to exaggerated accents/peculiar vocal ticks. Rasping and gasped breathing are solid approaches, however wheezing whispers also work a treat.

4) Profuse sweating demonstrates virility to the females

5) The more you keep looking over your shoulder the better. Sudden, rapid hand and eye movements are a bonus

6) Thank me later

I'll thank you now. Subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Is it taboo to approach outside the setting of a pub where everyones plastered? Before this pandemic, I approached a woman my age in her 20s at the bus stop and had a good aul chat. Told her she was pretty and she seemed to have received the compliment well contrary to what I hear from feminists online.

But I've heard cold approaches are really not suitable for the culture of Ireland and would be found more in the US/South America/Australia etc...

2 lads did this to me recently neither of them where Irish lads if they where Irish u would have been shocked and 100% would go out with nothing beats confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Worked in Vila Olympia CBD in Sao Paolo for December and it was an eye opener. Very flirty culture and the lads from our office and the surrounding offices very happy to flirt openly and chat up female office workers on the lunch breaks. And in Brazilian culture the women are very open to being casually chatted to on the street.

As a mate said, it's very different in Brazil. The women like to be noticed and admired and catch your eye. A female colleague asked me to go for a one to one drink which caught me off guard.(I didn't go being a socially awkward twat at times).

We are much more reserved certainly here in Ireland and I could not imagine striking up casual conversation on the street here at lunchtime being received well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

If a woman is pretty she will already know that, she doesn't need to be told.

Also, there are better places to strike up a conversation with a woman than the bus stop, but it can happen, say, if a bus is late you could pass some comment about it and sure see where the convo goes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

1) Wait until the female is in a situation from which she cannot easily escape. Bus stop, accident and emergency department, unconscious etc

2) In order to create an attractive and overpowering musk, steep your vest in onion juice overnight in preparation

3) The female responds well to exaggerated accents/peculiar vocal ticks. Rasping and gasped breathing are solid approaches, however wheezing whispers also work a treat.

4) Profuse sweating demonstrates virility to the females

5) The more you keep looking over your shoulder the better. Sudden, rapid hand and eye movements are a bonus

6) Thank me later

*swoons*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Moonrise70 wrote: »
    It's often easier to approach groups of women rather than a woman on her own, when you approach a group nobody feels under pressure really. You can spread your attention around the group and ask them how they know eachother, or make it fun and guess.

That doesn't sound like it would be much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

If a woman is pretty she will already know that, she doesn't need to be told.

Also, there are better places to strike up a conversation with a woman than the bus stop, but it can happen, say, if a bus is late you could pass some comment about it and sure see where the convo goes I guess.

Exactly. But while commenting on "oh this bus is awfully late, isn't it?", that's when you add in, really rushed, "areyouwearingpanties".

This subconsciously stimulates the female brains borotid complex. You can tell it's working if you look them dead in the eye immediately afterward, there should be a blue glow coming from behind the dilated eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

pgj2015 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound like it would be much fun.

Only if they all came back to ur gaff

It's often easier to approach groups of women rather than a woman on her own, when you approach a group nobody feels under pressure really. You can spread your attention around the group and ask them how they know eachother, or make it fun and guess.

Yes, the herding effect is most pleasing. Don't let any stragglers break away from the group as you circle, bringing them to bay in the nearest corner. One or two may attempt to climb over the others heads but a sharp whistle will put them at ease.

so how do you all know each other? let me guess, ah are you her sister? "no im her college friend". are you her co worker? "no school friend". are you ...... ah forget it im boring myself here. night ladies. "yeah whatever".

• Advertisement

Exactly. But while commenting on "oh this bus is awfully late, isn't it?", that's when you add in, really rushed, "areyouwearingpanties".

This subconsciously stimulates the female brains borotid complex. You can tell it's working if you look them dead in the eye immediately afterward, there should be a blue glow coming from behind the dilated eyes.

Panties.

Ugh :(

*vomits* No blue glow from behind my constricted pupils.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Is it taboo to approach outside the setting of a pub where everyones plastered? Before this pandemic, I approached a woman my age in her 20s at the bus stop and had a good aul chat. Told her she was pretty and she seemed to have received the compliment well contrary to what I hear from feminists online.

But I've heard cold approaches are really not suitable for the culture of Ireland and would be found more in the US/South America/Australia etc...

First you were like, "you're pretty".

But later on you were like, "IT PUTS THE LOTION ON THE SKIN!!"

Go easy on the questions. Make statements.

"You two look like best friends, "I'm not sure about her though, she just gave you a dirty look". Then switch into something completely different. Don't be linear, instead multithread the conversation.

reading the game at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Did you take your blow-up-doll to a bus stop. And were you indulging in narcotics, that you thought your blow-up-doll was tempting you into conversation. Oh by the way why Did you name your doll Nigel

Read that 15 years ago.

You never forgot it though.

Panties.

"areyouwearingskimpyknickers"

Pupils flicker.

"areyouwearingskintightleglesstrousersbeneathyourdungarees"

Pupils disappear...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Basic cliff notes for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Mr Fegelien, Ireland's answer to Neil Strauss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

"areyouwearingskimpyknickers"

Pupils flicker.

"areyouwearingskintightleglesstrousersbeneathyourdungarees"

Pupils disappear...

Calm down Feg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Basic cliff notes for the OP.

Well wherever he is, there's a pretty high standard of women, and bizarrely, the one that didn't interact was the least attractive one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Panties.

"Are your panties moist?"

Better?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Well wherever he is, there's a pretty high standard of women, and bizarrely, the one that didn't interact was the least attractive one.

I think it's Drumshanbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Mr Feg don't over think it. Next time (after coronavirus) when you see a nice girlie in a shop go and talk. Go to the pub and chance your arm. Don't say anything too weird and u be grand. You will get the odd awkward moment and ones who will brush you off but don't mind them and move on

"Are your panties moist?"

Better?:P

They're not now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^^I think it would be helpful just to clarify.. ‘brush you off’ is not literal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm allergic to women. Or maybe it'd be more accurate to say they're allergic to me since it's them being repelled and not I.. .. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    Due to online dating, 18-25 year old men are limp-wristed and cowardly in terms of the “traditional” model of courtship.

I would say due to the internet they are very much not limp-wristed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It's fine to do if it's in a non-sleazy or annoying way and I've done it before - albeit years ago - but you have to accept the potentially negative variables involved - the woman might not find you attractive but would welcome somebody she did find attractive or she might be a bit freaked out by it - and respect that, get out of her space and not depart the situation fulminating about women generally/get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Strumms wrote: »
    ^^I think it would be helpful just to clarify.. ‘brush you off’ is not literal.

Ha Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Only talk to women at bus stops if you have a trouser pocket full of change. Keep jiggling the change with your hand in your pocket while you talk to them as this will indicate to them that you not only have money but understand how Dublin Bus works. Panting and breathing heavily while talking to them will also demonstrate that you have good lung capacity and are in peak fitness and therefore a desirable mate. Irish women also have a keen interest in plumbing so if you tell them repeatedly that you have a massive Wavin pipe they will be impressed.

Advertisement