Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

approaching women

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Yeah the women ( loose description)down here are on the v large (ok feck it in going all out here-OBESE) variety , say they're our trapping men all night,,,,,,, ,I escaped so far,,,,,, only just

When the covid is over I'm heading to down there. Please tell me its not a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

Duly noted ;)
    I'm fairly familiar with Carrigaline meself. Never noticed that lol.
    Of course you're not gonna notice something that isn't real. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I shall call you 4 watt , cause you're not the brightest if you believed me and my story about the LUAS.

haha, i was only pretending to believe you....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

its amazing how many people reply to the OPs constant stream of threads about sex/dating/girls ...yadda yadda yadda.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    its amazing how many people reply to the OPs constant stream of threads about sex/dating/girls ...yadda yadda yadda.....

Either they have nothing better to do?
    Maybe they hero worship him?
    Maybe they think he a very sad pathetic individual.
    Maybe he has entertainment value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Kylta wrote: »
    When the covid is over I'm heading to down there. Please tell me its not a myth.

No myth,head to Woodview big Mama's waiting
    PS last will and testament done I presume, for these babies are liable to wreck ya

No myth,head to Woodview big Mama's waiting
    PS last will and testament done I presume, for these babies are liable to wreck ya

No will big mama be with big big mama, or if little big mama is there which will I get. Its all confusing this.

anewme wrote: »
    You are definitely Cork's finest!

Finest ,,,,,,,,,,,, something alright as my ex might say , nothing complimentary of course

Did you really believe me ?

sorry Corner. Im'm only seeing this post now. No. But I love a good story.

Kylta wrote: »
    No will big mama be with big big mama, or if little big mama is there which will I get. Its all confusing this.

Big mama might be with bigger mama, who will take advice from biggest mama,who may or may not decide to Tate the goods first

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I've never approached woman in my life as I know my place in this life, woman do not want an ugly man with mental illnesses however they would accept the mental illnesses if you are handsome. If I started chatting to women on the street the only action I will be getting is when I drop my soap in the prison showers.

I love the extremes you see on threads like this about how you should - or should never - approach women on the street.

Context and nuance and empathy. You can approach anyone on the street - male or female - so long as you have a bit of cop on about it. Some women on the thread have told us what it feels like to be approached at times. But why gender it? If it is a dark night and you are alone and no one else is around - it is not only women who feel the touch of terror when a stranger walks out of the dark at them.

But I have been practising close up magic for years - and "mentalism" magic - and both of these absolutely require you approach absolute strangers to practice it. And it does not take that much experience - or cop on - to learn when is a good time to approach someone and when not. Jesus it must be freaky enough for someone to have a stranger emerge out of the dark saying "Pick a card any card" - so I can only imagine what it must be like to have one materialise saying "youuuus so preettyyyy my preschious" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I've never approached woman in my life as I know my place in this life, woman do not want an ugly man with mental illnesses however they would accept the mental illnesses if you are handsome. If I started chatting to women on the street the only action I will be getting is when I drop my soap in the prison showers.

Never heard this said of women, heard it of plenty by men though... :/
    igPxAxS.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I love the extremes you see on threads like this about how you should - or should never - approach women on the street.

Context and nuance and empathy. You can approach anyone on the street - male or female - so long as you have a bit of cop on about it. Some women on the thread have told us what it feels like to be approached at times. But why gender it? If it is a dark night and you are alone and no one else is around - it is not only women who feel the touch of terror when a stranger walks out of the dark at them.

But I have been practising close up magic for years - and "mentalism" magic - and both of these absolutely require you approach absolute strangers to practice it. And it does not take that much experience - or cop on - to learn when is a good time to approach someone and when not. Jesus it must be freaky enough for someone to have a stranger emerge out of the dark saying "Pick a card any card" - so I can only imagine what it must be like to have one materialise saying "youuuus so preettyyyy my preschious" :)

OMG.... it's Keith Barry.

LeYouth wrote: »
    OMG.... it's Keith Barry.

Never really took to him at all. I would spend a lot more time following Derren Brown.

I think one difference is while both of them use some cheap off the shelf magic toys in their act - Brown puts some effort into distracting you from that and building up a whole story and act and message or even lesson of his own around it. You come away from it with more than just the magic act. He makes it about the audience.

Whereas Barry just uses the off the shelf product as is with no flair. For example I have the same trick blindfold Barry bought to drive cars with and Barry put no effort at all into using it in his TV Show. No original spin or theatre about it. Just slapped the blindfold on - and said "Look at me I can drive!" basically. He makes it just about him.

Maybe he has gotten better over the years - I have not watched him. Is he still around or did the RTE and the public just bore of him?

Advertisement