Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

anyones shipped with the metal palmrest?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I got my delay email today. Expected shipping date changed from 29/05 to 25/05 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

expected delivery by 9pm friday 15th happy days!!shipped on 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Was anyone able to contact Lenovo customer support? The chat is constantly "at capacity or unavailable" and the email contact form is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Delivery estimate Friday. Spent a few hours awaiting customs clearance.

That's the weekend gone then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This looks like a decent deal for those who missed out here.

I'm not familiar with the site or if there are hidden charges, might be worth a look though

https://www.elcorteingles.es/electronica/A34286659-portatil-hp-15s-eq0008ns-amd-ryzen-7-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-amd-radeon-vega-freedos-sin-sistema-operativo/?aff_id=2118094&dclid=CK_fxoqHrukCFQSGewodu6kIdw

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Kolido wrote: »
    This looks like a decent deal for those who missed out here.

I'm not familiar with the site or if there are hidden charges, might be worth a look though

https://www.elcorteingles.es/electronica/A34286659-portatil-hp-15s-eq0008ns-amd-ryzen-7-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-amd-radeon-vega-freedos-sin-sistema-operativo/?aff_id=2118094&dclid=CK_fxoqHrukCFQSGewodu6kIdw

Not too shabby in fairness, but should be noted it's the old 3 Series Ryzens, a 3700, as opposed to the new 4 series ones in the Lenovos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Yea there's a big jump in performance.
    https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700U/m1105478vsm765724

No email from them but the online tracker said yesterday it was meant to ship today. This has now jumped to the 31st of May!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I still don't have an e-mail or a ship date not good. Metal palm rest here though :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

I still don't have an e-mail or a ship date not good. Metal palm rest here though :-/

Same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Mine down or delivery Friday too

Its currently still in China though so not sure how Friday can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Zardoz

BJG524 wrote: »
    Mine down or delivery Friday too

Its currently still in China though so not sure how Friday can happen

UPS could easily get it from China to your door within 24 hours if they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AIRMiNet

Did anyone else get a refund, got a shipping notification with tracking number, blocked bank card and got a free laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Zardoz wrote: »
    UPS could easily get it from China to your door within 24 hours if they wanted.

They've been and gone from Incheon in Korea now. Where to next?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

My moneys on Istanbul

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

I'm going to guess Kazakhstan

Cologne then Tamworth, and on to Shannon/Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Has arrived in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Doff wrote: »
    My moneys on Istanbul
    jasonhn wrote: »
    I'm going to guess Kazakhstan
    Cologne then Tamworth, and on to Shannon/Dublin.

And the winner is Koeln, they're getting closer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Zardoz

And the winner is Koeln, they're getting closer!

Yes, Cologne is the European headquarters of UPS .

Friday it is then lads. UPS don't do weekends over here for this ship method so it'll be Monday otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Friday it is then lads. UPS don't do weekends over here for this ship method so it'll be Monday otherwise.

Well they are in Dublin this morning at 4.34 might be some hope today if not definitely tomorrow!

mine, which had been pushed out to june 9th, is now showing as shipping tomorrow and arriving 24th woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mine, which had been pushed out to june 9th, is now showing as shipping tomorrow and arriving 24th woohoo

Metal palm rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭XsApollo

So have to go about download and installing windows When it arrives.

Any expert here care to post up exactly how to do it when they get a chance.?

Have a windows 10 ( I think ) key from a broken laptop I presume that will do?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Not sure about the key, I think they lock it in to a CPU id, though maybe you can ask them to "move" it. Someone else here might know better.
    You can create a bootable USB with the tool from Microsoft - click "Download tool now" and run the program. It downloads a Windows image and sets up the USB key. You just need to ensure the new machine has its BIOS set to boot from USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Use the tool linked above and buy one of the keys from ebay for 3 euro that was linked a bit back.

Tool linked above:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfnuE1unS8

For the key you just get sent one via email after you purchase, then just put it in the activation popup when you start windows.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Metal palm rest?

no, the plastic one

no idea what caused the delay in the first place tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

no, the plastic one

no idea what caused the delay in the first place tbh

Cheers - I sadly missed this offer because quite frankly I didn't really need one (at the time) I'm currently in the process of doing an assignment that requires a fair bit of laptop use, and it's becoming more and more evident that i actually do need a new one my near ten year old Asus K43U is on its last legs.

A poster on here *might* be receiving both a metal palm rest model and plastic one and has offered one at cost.

So fingers crossed, otherwise I'm going to buy online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement