Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Aurora cannabis (ACB) is expected to produce an earnings report next week, followed by a reverse split.

Could be a pump and dump situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Ekels wrote: »
    So you're saying 'no' because is $720 is a good time to enter or 'no' because $720 isn't a good time to enter (like I implied)?

I dont think it is a good time, i'm waiting for another crash but that's just my opinion. Hard to see them all keeping 50% rises in one month to ath's and holding it coming into a looming recession.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Aurora cannabis (ACB) is expected to produce an earnings report next week, followed by a reverse split.

Well if it is, it would be the first one done with a price slowly heading for the floor....

The price chart for a pump and dump, typical shows a build up over a few months followed by a dramatic price drop over a few days - the point when everyone in the know gets out and demand dries up.

More over the reverse split is to avoid a delisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Well if it is, it would be the first one done with a price slowly heading for the floor....

The price chart for a pump and dump, typical shows a build up over a few months followed by a dramatic price drop over a few days - the point when everyone in the know gets out and demand dries up.

More over the reverse split is to avoid a delisting.

Apparently sales for the last quarter are expected to be very high due to stock piling . Which could mean a very good earnings report. Which I expect will drive the price up to a euro, before it all crashes down as the RS comes along.

Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Reverse split on penny stock is always a probable dump program. Keep the price high enough to make it tradable.

Some people think the stock price cannot go lower than 1 cent as you can't split it further. They're so wrong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I dont think it is a good time, i'm waiting for another crash but that's just my opinion. Hard to see them all keeping 50% rises in one month to ath's and holding it coming into a looming recession.

The general advise seems to be if you aren't comfortable trying to time the dips, then to invest slowly over time, so as to avoid lumping all your money in right at the wrong time at say the height of the market.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

voluntary wrote: »
    Reverse split on penny stock is always a probable dump program. Keep the price high enough to make it tradable.

In this case it is specifically required to avoid a delisting... and the price patter does not suggest a manipulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

$EROS had a good pump yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

Jim2007 wrote: »
    In this case it is specifically required to avoid a delisting... and the price patter does not suggest a manipulation.

Hey Jimmy, I see you've lowered the tone a bit and are actually conveying your experience in a less dogmatic way.

Fair dues!

You might as well take on the 'Investment and Markets' Moderating role while your at it? The Number of shills has dropped for some reason ... LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    $EROS had a good pump yesterday

Few partnerships announced:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/eros-now-expands-partnership-freecharge-130000202.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/eros-now-partners-visa-expand-130000718.html

roller-coaster stock with quite a potential...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Yeah theres loads of them i want to buy but gonna have to wait for a drop. I am really bullish on shopify. They are spending 1 billion on a distrbution network in the US. I think this is going to be huge.

I downloaded DeGiro a few years ago and bought 1 share in Shopify and 1 share in Ryanair, just to test it out. Then thought I sold them both because I lost interest, but low and behold i made a mistake with the shopify one and still have it. I bought at 113$ and it is currently 709$ - a 593.53% increase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I downloaded DeGiro a few years ago and bought 1 share in Shopify and 1 share in Ryanair, just to test it out. Then thought I sold them both because I lost interest, but low and behold i made a mistake with the shopify one and still have it. I bought at 113$ and it is currently 709$ - a 593.53% increase :)

This man knows the secret to success :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I hazard a guess that your username never before accompanied a post so appropriately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Ekels wrote: »
    I hazard a guess that your username never before accompanied a post so appropriately!

47% of my portfolio is Shopify, it’s been a bumper year.

My next hope is Sea Limited, which has 5% at the moment 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Thargor wrote: »
    Dont you mean oversold?

No.

Overbought refers to a security that analysts or traders believe is trading above its intrinsic value. Overbought generally describes recent or short-term movement in the price of the security, and reflects an expectation that the market will correct the price in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OwlsZat wrote: »
    No.

Overbought refers to a security that analysts or traders believe is trading above its intrinsic value. Overbought generally describes recent or short-term movement in the price of the security, and reflects an expectation that the market will correct the price in the near future.
    Lol I know what the terms mean, your justification for saying it was overbought was that the RSI was 14, that's not overbought...
    A reading of 30 or under is considered oversold and identifies a potential rate increase.
    A reading of 70 or higher is considered overbought and identifies a potential rate decrease.

Lol I know what the terms mean, your justification for saying it was overbought was that the RSI was 14, that's not overbought...

RSI 14 as in the 14 day indicator. There's a number of different RSI indicators. You are some plank jumping down peoples throats trying to correct them when you clearly haven't a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Alright don't have a temper tantrum I didn't even look at the ticker I was just wondering why someone would think that way about a low RSI...

Jesus we have some "characters" in this forum these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Easyjet approaching March's 5yr low of 475p. I'm in at 485p, currently 487p

• Advertisement

Alright don't have a temper tantrum I didn't even look at the ticker I was just wondering why someone would think that way about a low RSI...

Jesus we have some "characters" in this forum these days.

Don't start off posts where you dont know what your talking about with Lol and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

retalivity wrote: »
    Easyjet approaching March's 5yr low of 475p. I'm in at 485p, currently 487p

easyjets march low was 410 p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone have any thoughts on Berkshire Hathaway Inc B, thinking of taking a significant plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    easyjets march low was 410 p

Not according to Degiro or Yahoo finance?

7be861a3ffb556cf87065a8d4cfe3e7d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭littlevillage

In these days of Coronavirus hysteria is anybody keeping an eye on drug trials/genome research companies ?

“During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business” ― Mark Twain

I like Open Orphan (ORPH : AIM) ? ... they are a drug trials/genome research company that have recently doubled in size as a result of a merger, and gained a potential block buster flu vaccine drug in the process.

CEO Cathal Friel seems to be a serious deal maker who talks a great game and he is making no secret of the fact that its going up for sale once the combined entity is profitable.... somewhere in next 12 months. (he owns a stack of the equity himself and is locked in for 3 years).

SP has actually slipped a few % this week so far... soo might be a buying opportunity.

Disclaimer : This is still a small London AIM listed company soo ....DYOR

Congrats to anybody who followed me into Open Orphan (ORPH : AIM), I recommended them on 12th Feb, at 5p ...now 13p :D and hopefuly some road left in the SP rise ... (on the back of some new contracts and tie-ups to test Flu and possibly Covid-19 vaccines).

Just thinking aloud, if we have a second wave/crash, then it will be much more painful for regular people. So many average Joes loaded savings in stocks in the last 4 weeks. If/when the stock market crashes again, the people's perception of their wealth may change dramatically which in result will further fuel the selloff.

retalivity wrote: »
    Not according to Degiro or Yahoo finance?

7be861a3ffb556cf87065a8d4cfe3e7d.png

That's on the daily chart, so probably just takes the lowest price at the close of the day, it could of dropped lower but then bounced before the end of the day.

voluntary wrote: »
    Just thinking aloud, if we have a second wave/crash, then it will be much more painful for regular people. So many average Joes loaded savings in stocks in the last 4 weeks. If/when the stock market crashes again, the people's perception of their wealth may change dramatically which in result will further fuel the selloff.

No difference to back in Jan/feb (I was the idiot average joe then lol)

Timmaay wrote: »
    No difference to back in Jan/feb (I was the idiot average joe then lol)

A massive difference. All major brokerage firms reported huge spikes in account reactivations and new account requests. People have jumped on stocks all over the world since the crash in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

AmberGold wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on Berkshire Hathaway Inc B, thinking of taking a significant plunge.

Berkshire have been buying back significant % of their stock which would indicate they were undervalued. This was back in January when over $200 but still.

Advertisement