Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo Experience Great so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

Seems to opt for the 3g network over 4g any time i'm out in the countryside. Unlike three which stayed locked to 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

i had an issue last week and the week before, very slow to download whatsap images etc or video etc.

i got onto gomo and they said they had a mast down , im in Dublin so not sure where. Since been fixed.

its improved but not as fast as it was at the start. I will keep an eye on it. Its not terrible, its not the worst but should be a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue similar to the following:
    People struggle to hear or be hear but fine on speaker mode on the phone.
    This doesn’t affect me but 3 other gomo users have said that have to make calls with speaker. Now i suspect the earspeaker is gone on one phone but another is a brand new phone

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

gar wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue similar to the following:
    People struggle to hear or be hear but fine on speaker mode on the phone.
    This doesn’t affect me but 3 other gomo users have said that have to make calls with speaker. Now i suspect the earspeaker is gone on one phone but another is a brand new phone

Cheers
    I can't see how this could be carrier related.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

kippy wrote: »
    I can't see how this could be carrier related.....

I know but said I'd ask

• Advertisement

gar wrote: »
    I know but said I'd ask

For what it's worth I've not had any issues whatsoever. Know a good few on GoMo and I've not heard of it either all using a variety of phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I've been waiting for a fixed term contract with Vodafone to end before switching my two teenageers over to GoMo.

Before I do is there any update on service levels particularly 4G (in Sandyford/Stillorgan/Blackrock type area) and roaming as one of them plans to go inter railing next year if the whole Covid situation permits.

€35 a month a head with Vodafone Vs €12.99 with GoMo is a no brainer providing the service is acceptable. I don't expect it to be Vodafone standard but they don't need Vodafone standard!

seems to be a higher incidence of dropped calls (random cut offs during the conversation) since I changed to GoMo

another thing is that if you are on a call the data connection is cut or slows to almost nothing.

glasso wrote: »
    seems to be a higher incidence of dropped calls (random cut offs during the conversation) since I changed to GoMo

another thing is that if you are on a call the data connection is cut or slows to almost nothing.

Looking back over my teenagers monthly useage reports I'd say they use less than 100 minutes a month of network minutes, they are almost exclusively using data to message/snap or make some form of VOIP calls via Zoom, House PArty etc etc so not too worried about traditional call/voice capability, it seems to be all about the 4g capacity!!

54and56 wrote: »
    Looking back over my teenagers monthly useage reports I'd say they use less than 100 minutes a month of network minutes, they are almost exclusively using data to message/snap or make some form of VOIP calls via Zoom, House PArty etc etc so not too worried about traditional call/voice capability, it seems to be all about the 4g capacity!!

4G speed has been good and that's in that's in the general vicinity of the areas you mentioned

30 Mbps generally

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    4G speed has been good and that's in that's in the general vicinity of the areas you mentioned

30 Mbps generally

Plenty good for the crap they watch / consume on their phones!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

After 6 months with two SIMS in my phone cause of credit build up with Tesco Mobile via clubcard vouchers, finally moved my number yesterday. All went smoothly, sms & calls look to be working fine.

I've two GoMo SIMs on the go, one in the phone & one in a 4g router which I replaced a VM broadband connection with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

opus wrote: »
    I've two GoMo SIMs on the go, one in the phone & one in a 4g router which I replaced a VM broadband connection with.

Exact same set up since day one and could not be happier!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yep. Have had 3 numbers over 2 accounts since the first week and no issues with any of them. Saving a fortune on previous bills for pretty much the exact same or better service :)

I've definitely found it better than TM for roaming as you had to change some settings in the SIM toolkit to get it to work & occasionally it would replace the working APN with a non-working Belgacomm one. GoMo just worked as soon as I turned the phone on with no messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Thinking of switching over from VF seeing as my free spotify has ended. When ordering Sim it has activation cost of 12.99. Does that include first month of subscription or do I have to pay another 12.99 when sim arrives?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thinking of switching over from VF seeing as my free spotify has ended. When ordering Sim it has activation cost of 12.99. Does that include first month of subscription or do I have to pay another 12.99 when sim arrives?

That includes the plan on the first bill up to the last day of the month. So if you switch today, you only get covered till Sunday for the €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Davy wrote: »
    That includes the plan on the first bill up to the last day of the month. So if you switch today, you only get covered till Sunday for the €12.99

Grand, wait til Monday so. Thanks.

Was there a problem with the authentication texts from banks earlier on with GoMo? Reason I mention it is that PTSB is working fine after I moved my number from TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

opus wrote: »
    Was there a problem with the authentication texts from banks earlier on with GoMo? Reason I mention it is that PTSB is working fine after I moved my number from TM.

Some people still have issues. I switched over to GoMo and had no issues but two relatives of mine are no longer able to get the texts. It's not just banking texts though, a lot of services are affected. Contacted GoMo only to be told that its the sender that's at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭ps200306

I read on a boards thread that some people were having problems with unsolicited text messages after switching to GoMo, sometimes premium texts for which they were billed. I got one strange text early on but no sign of being billed for it. Today I got what was clearly a scam text about my Bank of Ireland card being suspended due to a suspicious transaction. Sender's country code was Costa Rica and there was a link to what was clearly a scam website trying to look like BOI. Two texts in a month is no big deal, but I thought I'd ask around before switching a second phone to GoMo. Do they have a problem keeping phone numbers secure? I've never in my life signed up to any text service, premium or otherwise. Anyone else noticing anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Cannot fault them whatsoever. Signal is great and the free calls are a god send. Savings paying for my car tax.

ps200306 wrote: »
    I read on a boards thread that some people were having problems with unsolicited text messages after switching to GoMo, sometimes premium texts for which they were billed. I got one strange text early on but no sign of being billed for it. Today I got what was clearly a scam text about my Bank of Ireland card being suspended due to a suspicious transaction. Sender's country code was Costa Rica and there was a link to what was clearly a scam website trying to look like BOI. Two texts in a month is no big deal, but I thought I'd ask around before switching a second phone to GoMo. Do they have a problem keeping phone numbers secure? I've never in my life signed up to any text service, premium or otherwise. Anyone else noticing anything?

What do you mean by secure?
    Lots of these scam texts are generated to lists of phone numbers that have been harvested from a number of sources or to a sequential set of numbers whether they be valid or not.
    I've been involved in porting 9 or 10 people to GoMo since last October. So far none with the issue you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

Thinking of changing my sim only plan from Three to Gomo,
    Does anybody know if calls to Tesco mobiles are included? Three charge me 10c per minute
    And can I include my wife’s phone? I.e two sims, two phones, one bill

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Bebop wrote: »
    Thinking of changing my sim only plan from Three to Gomo,
    Does anybody know if calls to Tesco mobiles are included? Three charge me 10c per minute
    And can I include my wife’s phone? I.e two sims, two phones, one bill

Thanks
    All mobile calls within Ireland are included as are landline and 80gb data, I have two sims under the one account.
    I think Northern Ireland calls are outside the free package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Walnut Salad

I live in a rural area and my reception is generally poor but my GoMo SIM seems to be worse. It's using Eir's network right?
    My wife is on Eir and seems to have better reception. We both have the same phone. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I live in a rural area and my reception is generally poor but my GoMo SIM seems to be worse. It's using Eir's network right?
    My wife is on Eir and seems to have better reception. We both have the same phone. Anyone else notice this?

Are you referring to voice call reception or data?

WiFi calling is included in Eir's own-branded service, whereas they don't offer it on their GoMo SIMs. If you are in an area of poor coverage, WiFi calling could be providing good indoor voice coverage on your wife's Eir SIM, whereas you won't have this option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Sick of eir (I know it is the parent) but the cheapest SIM only plan they have is now €30 a month as I've come off intro offers are rolling thr last few years which you can't do now.

Are there any 'tricks' given I'll need to port my number, do I need to choose a date to port when signing up or can I do that once I get the new SUM card? Heard some people got stuck in limbo when trying to port, that could have been teething problems.

Wish I'd jumped when it was a tenner a month...oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Sick of eir (I know it is the parent) but the cheapest SIM only plan they have is now €30 a month as I've come off intro offers are rolling thr last few years which you can't do now.

Are there any 'tricks' given I'll need to port my number, do I need to choose a date to port when signing up or can I do that once I get the new SUM card? Heard some people got stuck in limbo when trying to port, that could have been teething problems.

Wish I'd jumped when it was a tenner a month...oh well.
    You can port anytime from receipt of sim if you wish through your Gomo account, you can select a port date and time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi there

Is anyone having data issues with Gomo? I haven't had any data for the past 2 days?

I've been with Gomo for the last 6 months and never an issue. Usually use about 10-15GB a month - could I have run out? I thought you could get up ti0 80GB a month?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement