Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

I'm waiting on 2 items. One left Germany on 26th March but there's no sign of the tracking number turning up here. The other left lisbon on the 14th April and there's nothing been updated since. I actually went to my local An post collection office and was told that they're barely getting any registered items coming through the system. I've had unregistered post arrive from the UK and Germany though with no delays.

Hi.im in the very same boat as you,except mine left the U.K a day later than yours on the 26th of MARCH.
    There has been no update since.
    They cant all be lost??

SPDUB wrote: »
    Small packet mail from China is a loss for anyone which is why a new regime is coming in

https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/upu-postal-rate-change/564615/

the end of the cheap tack from China is nigh then.

suits Trump's agenda for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Phil.x wrote: »
    I bought a tv from a shop in carlow mid April, from the tracking details it arrived in Dublin 12 sorting office the next day and is still there today, the worrying part is Dublin12 said it's now in Dublin15 sorting office and when contacted they said it's not here and when told what it was he said its definitely in Dublin12 and probably under a ton of boxes and to phone them again.

Is it definitely in the Delivery office in crumlin village or do they mean the Parcel Hub in Dublin 12 which is not the same location .

I know someone there who says they get people calling to them a few times a week making that mistake .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Phil.x

SPDUB wrote: »
    Is it definitely in the Delivery office in crumlin village or do they mean the Parcel Hub in Dublin 12 which is not the same location .

I know someone there who says they get people calling to them a few times a week making that mistake .

It says the parcel hub dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

whats the latest with getting packages from USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

whiterebel wrote: »
    I've a parcel sitting with RM in LANGLEY HWDC since 20th April. Just about to cancel it now, as Amazon suggested.

Same with me. Stuck in Langley for over a week now. "Your item is being prepared for dispatch overseas".

maki wrote: »
    Same with me. Stuck in Langley for over a week now. "Your item is being prepared for dispatch overseas".

I would assume that a lot / most of air freight Ire - Uk and vice versa was going on passenger flights ....

Any update with parcels from America

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Any update with parcels from America

What kind of update are you looking for? Your questions aren't very specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

None of mine have moved yet it's so annoying 😡

What's the story with looking for a charge back on PayPal?? Let the supplier fight it out with the postage company it's not my fault, I didn't get what I paid for in a reasonable time frame so there contract with me should be null and void??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Who should I believe, An Post or the tracking details I have from USPS?

I'm expecting a package from the US and the latest update from my USPS tracking says that my package left Dublin Airport on Friday morning.

Rang An Post this morning because there's been no update on USPS side since and I can't find anything with An Post tracking, the rep on the phone took my tracking number and then came back saying "Oh yeah, i can see it left New York on Thursday." - When I asked about the latest update saying that the item left Dublin Airport on Friday morning, she then said "Oh no, I don't know what that's about, it left New York on Thursday, there's no chance it would be in the country yet".

So bit confused. I'd understand if she said "It could be in our warehouse waiting to be scanned" but she actually said there's no chance that it would be in the country yet, so I'm a bit lost.

Any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Got a call back today from an post saying they looked everywhere and asked couriers they use about my missing 43inch tv, it's gone, call the shop and tell them, case closed.

Sticky fingers from the new staff I say.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Who should I believe, An Post or the tracking details I have from USPS?

I'm expecting a package from the US and the latest update from my USPS tracking says that my package left Dublin Airport on Friday morning.

Rang An Post this morning because there's been no update on USPS side since and I can't find anything with An Post tracking, the rep on the phone took my tracking number and then came back saying "Oh yeah, i can see it left New York on Thursday." - When I asked about the latest update saying that the item left Dublin Airport on Friday morning, she then said "Oh no, I don't know what that's about, it left New York on Thursday, there's no chance it would be in the country yet".

So bit confused. I'd understand if she said "It could be in our warehouse waiting to be scanned" but she actually said there's no chance that it would be in the country yet, so I'm a bit lost.

Any idea?

you and me both mate

we getting the run around i think

Phil.x wrote: »
    Got a call back today from an post saying they looked everywhere and asked couriers they use about my missing 43inch tv, it's gone, call the shop and tell them, case closed.

Sticky fingers from the new staff I say.

starting to think it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Long_Wave wrote: »
    An post are operating as normal, if they had your parcels, you'd have them in a day or two but delays are obviously happening overseas due to cancelled flights etc.

Yep.

An post are doing a good job.

The delays are coming from further afield. I've had a few things delivered from abroad and it's taking ages to get to An Post.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Yep.

An post are doing a good job.

The delays are coming from further afield. I've had a few things delivered from abroad and it's taking ages to get to An Post.

Are you expecting anything from USA if so did you get it and how long did it take regards Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Bear in mind that with the number of flights down considerably at the moment, the ability to move nonessential goods through the supply chain is being impacted, and particularly so throughout Europe. Delays not necessarily the postal companies fault

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Are you expecting anything from USA if so did you get it and how long did it take regards Brian

No bud I had stuff from the UK and Germany.

you and me both mate

we getting the run around i think

I don't mind waiting, if they were being straightforward with me and giving me a realistic timeline of when I can expect the package, I'd be 100% okay.

But for my tracking number to say it's in the country and then An Post to A) ignore the tracking update saying it's in Dublin when they look it up themselves and then B) Tell me to disregard it as "there's absolutely no chance that package is in the country yet" is just frustrating. It's a 6 hour flight from New York to Dublin, so it's not unreasonable for my package to be in the country after leaving on Thursday like.

whats the latest with getting packages from USA

I ordered a secondhand part last year from the US and on ebay and it was stuck in a warehouse Kentucky for 2 months before it got here. Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wing126 wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting, if they were being straightforward with me and giving me a realistic timeline of when I can expect the package, I'd be 100% okay.

But for my tracking number to say it's in the country and then An Post to A) ignore the tracking update saying it's in Dublin when they look it up themselves and then B) Tell me to disregard it as "there's absolutely no chance that package is in the country yet" is just frustrating. It's a 6 hour flight from New York to Dublin, so it's not unreasonable for my package to be in the country after leaving on Thursday like.

I think that's what they call plausible deniability. It can't be in Ireland because it isn't in our system yet. The fact that it isn't there because they haven't entered it is immaterial.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

"The shipment has been sorted and forwarded.

Dublin Direct Entry".

Where's that? Customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I think that's what they call plausible deniability. It can't be in Ireland because it isn't in our system yet. The fact that it isn't there because they haven't entered it is immaterial.......

I wonder if the difference is down to it having to be re badged.

Some USA tracking numbers won't work in most of their systems especially those starting with U and have to get a new number on them in the international section

I remembered that I had another item from the same seller that I bought before Christmas.

I checked the tracking number for that, it departed New York on the 16th of December and USPS said it was in Ireland on the 17th of December. I received that item on the 19th. So now I know that An Post are definitely fobbing me off by saying my item is not in the country.

I'm really not trying to be impatient here, I'm well aware that things might be backed up, I'm just frustrated by the blatant lies An Post are telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I received an item today the 8th May from AliExpress (Departed from China). I ordered it on 27th March. I'm still waiting on other items and hopefully they start to show up soon and the same for everyone else. Just thought I'd give some of you an idea of when stuff was ordered from AliExpress and when it arrived.

shocksy wrote: »
    I received an item today the 8th May from AliExpress (Departed from China). I ordered it on 27th March. I'm still waiting on other items and hopefully they start to show up soon and the same for everyone else. Just thought I'd give some of you an idea of when stuff was ordered from AliExpress and when it arrived.

Great news mate but still waiting here for package from USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Mine arrived today after having touched down yesterday morning in"Dublin Direct Entry" at 5.15 am. Whoever generated that update on my Norwegian Post tracking number, it all happened pretty fast afterwards.
    Either way, ordered 26th March, delivered 8th May with An Post this side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I have a parcel sitting in Dublin since lunch time Wednesday. What's up with that? Is this normal delay?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have a small parcel, nothing awkward or heavy that according to tracking has been in dublin (from the states) since April 23rd, i know they are dealing in large demands and may have many off sick however my partner ordered something similar two days after me and has it now. Very strange, no?.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I have a small parcel, nothing awkward or heavy that according to tracking has been in dublin (from the states) since April 23rd, i know they are dealing in large demands and may have many off sick however my partner ordered something similar two days after me and has it now. Very strange, no?.

It is very strange.

Advertisement