Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Coverage Issues

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I was with 48 for years with solid 3G and late last year 4G. I switched to Go Mo for better allowances after checking their coverage map showing solid 4G in my area.
    I only get 2G. Even outside and a long way in any direction from my house.
    48 Customer service was excellent, they keep tickets open and accessible.
    GoMo service is difficult to access and had no continuity. They failed to respond completely to my first ticket. The second one they took a fortnight to suggest I try a different phone. I'd told them my phone works fine on 4G else where.

Heard nothing in the following fortnight so raised a ticket complaining about their handling and got a reply looking for my Eircode " So we can get to the bottom of this"
    Responded immediately and heard nothing - now 10 days later and counting. You can't follow up a ticket on email and they appear to be able to close them out at their discretion so their stats look good.
    So after two months and several tickets I haven't had a single constructive contribution from GoMo customer service. For example sending the latest APN (I verified it anyway). "Try a different phone" or "We're having temporary network issues" don't help.

So 48 with their proven coverage and effective customer service combined with an improved offering looks very good indeed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

May I ask... what's 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Daibheid wrote: »
    I was with 48 for years with solid 3G and late last year 4G. I switched to Go Mo for better allowances after checking their coverage map showing solid 4G in my area.
    I only get 2G. Even outside and a long way in any direction from my house.
    48 Customer service was excellent, they keep tickets open and accessible.
    GoMo service is difficult to access and had no continuity. They failed to respond completely to my first ticket. The second one they took a fortnight to suggest I try a different phone. I'd told them my phone works fine on 4G else where.

Heard nothing in the following fortnight so raised a ticket complaining about their handling and got a reply looking for my Eircode " So we can get to the bottom of this"
    Responded immediately and heard nothing - now 10 days later and counting. You can't follow up a ticket on email and they appear to be able to close them out at their discretion so their stats look good.
    So after two months and several tickets I haven't had a single constructive contribution from GoMo customer service. For example sending the latest APN (I verified it anyway). "Try a different phone" or "We're having temporary network issues" don't help.

So 48 with their proven coverage and effective customer service combined with an improved offering looks very good indeed.
    That's very poor service, I was with 48 prior to Gomo and didn't have any issue with them other than poor reception in my area, have flawless 4G with Gomo but customer response can be iffy, my last contact with them was a case in point, agent disconnected the chat midway through, but other than that one incident, all other contact with them was very positive. When it's good, it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

May I ask... what's 48?

Three's version of Gomo. Formerly 48 months, check the thread in Bargain Alerts, PAYG only so no surprise charges...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058072911

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

:confused:
    speeds are dreadful today & yesterday - mobile broadband wise

i'm in east clare, anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Haven’t noticed much difference here in Waterford City anyway. What I have noticed a lot of lately thou, I’ve a sim in a huawei mobile modem in the car and the car always auto connects to it, however lately I am finding I have to switch of and off the modem for it to pick up the internet again, the car itself connects to the modem each time. A friend of mine is also having the very same issue with a 4G modem that he has a GoMo sim in. That modem is only used to give him access to CCTV system.

Anyone else notice similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandy21

fryup wrote: »
    :confused:
    speeds are dreadful today & yesterday - mobile broadband wise

i'm in east clare, anyone else?

Same problem in Leitrim for the last few months contacted Gomo but not a thing done about it!

Advertisement