Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Coverage Issues

Options
  • 01-11-2019 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Find the service brutal... Keel dropping internet... Want to cancel but no one on chat.. Going over the 14 days.. As a result.. How comreg allow it I don't know.. Can't ring to cancel.. No one on chat.

20 quid gone already...
    The old adage is the....

If it seems to good to be true it probably is..
    Will become more congested as more sign up... Typical Irish...

I'm adjacent Dublin... Very little 4G ....virgin media back to.. 4G everywhere ...something needs to be done about this carry on

Be aware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Find the service brutal... Keel dropping internet... Want to cancel but no one on chat.. Going over the 14 days.. As a result.. How comreg allow it I don't know.. Can't ring to cancel.. No one on chat.

20 quid gone already...
    The old adage is the....

If it seems to good to be true it probably is..
    Will become more congested as more sign up... Typical Irish...

I'm adjacent Dublin... Very little 4G ....virgin media back to.. 4G everywhere ...something needs to be done about this carry on

Be aware

Yeah brutal customer service. Can't comment on data speeds. Thankfully only a 30 day contract so you can cancel but still unacceptable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Title updated from GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

2 Sims arrived quickly. Port worked perfectly. Data speeds sane as eir. Contacted CS about 2 things and got messenger reply quickly and live chat on other occasion. Couldn't fault them from my perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Straight forward connection here , no porting.
    1mb download connection with perfect signal,16mb up.

Obviously no infrastructure to support 4g.

Always get 70mb with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Strange report. I'd be astonished if your download speed with Gomo is 1 Mb, while upload speed is 16 Mb. And without 4G?
    70 Mb with Vodafone is impressive. Obviously that's 4G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

GoMo utilises Eir's network.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Pen Rua wrote: »
    GoMo utilises Eir's network.

I think it's a great network for younger people , it's like having a credit card with a cap on it 🙂

Not for me I think , my phone keeps waiting on packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Lissavane wrote:
    Strange report. I'd be astonished if your download speed with Gomo is 1 Mb, while upload speed is 16 Mb. And without 4G? 70 Mb with Vodafone is impressive. Obviously that's 4G.

Why would be astonished? I'm currently with Three and my upload speeds nearly always exceed my download speeds. That's on 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Been with GoMo for a few days now.

The changeover was painless.

Just checked the 4G speed: 21Mb down, 1 up. Couldn't ask for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Where are you.
    I ported yesterday and mobile data coverage is brutal. In Sandyford, M50 and Bray, little connection but most times no data connection whatsoever even though phone registers 4g with bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Gomo coverage is identical to Eir as its the same network...was with eir and moved to gomo, all went painless and the service is exactly the same for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

It might be the same network as Eir but don't assume the speeds will be the same. It is likely to be traffic shaped considering the amount of users for such a cheap price. Time will tell, I'll report back. I'm not used to fast internet anyway where I am so any internet is good with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

See 3 is matching for some of their customers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

marsbar1 wrote: »
    It might be the same network as Eir but don't assume the speeds will be the same. It is likely to be traffic shaped considering the amount of users for such a cheap price. Time will tell, I'll report back. I'm not used to fast internet anyway where I am so any internet is good with me!

No sign of it.
    Amount of users
    Not really. Eir have 19.5% of a market of 6.1 million subs. That means they already had 1159000 subs or are seeing an 8.6% rise in subs. Those subs will be heavily weighted towards data whores but the same can be said for the rakes of Three PAYG customers with AYCE data.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

Yes but Three charge much more for AYCE. The no call centre or store model will save them a lot though. I hope you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

See 3 is matching for some of their customers

Really?

Really?

Yes loads of 3 customers on saying they went onto chat to cancel and eventually got an offer down to match and some got phone calls to stay....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Yes loads of 3 customers on saying they went onto chat to cancel and eventually got an offer down to match and some got phone calls to stay....

Is that for Prepaid or Bill pay do you know?

Is that for Prepaid or Bill pay do you know?

Prepay as those that were out of contract from bill got offered too as they said they were moving.

Seen some were called and asked were they moving to GoMo and if they matched it would they stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sim_eire

Hi all, is anyone failing to receive SMS from certain people since moving to GOMO? A few of my contacts have sent SMS to me but I have not received these. ALSO AIB verification SMS is not coming through when trying to setup mobile banking. GOMO support response was "If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. " which does not help at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I've received verification codes from Revolut ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've had a flawless experience over the past few weeks. Hardly even thought about the switch until I saw this theread... My entire family and at least 5 collegues have switched and not a single one has had issues...

Really delighted, thank you GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Got the sims yesterday, happy with the call quality & sms works fine. But data is not great, though that's probably due to old house with thick walls and forest all around. I get 4G outside but anywhere else inside I only get E and never 3G, but with Three I do get 3G inside so looks like I'm in a bad area for Eir's 3G.

One good thing is when I do get 4G on gomo it stays on it until I go back inside. With Three it never stays on 4G for long, keeps dropping to H then E then back 4G every few minutes. Gomo doesn't seem to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Was out today and got 61 mbs down in Ashbourne village . Flawless . It did go up and down with subsequent tests but that's great . Tbf , I've never had an issue with my location. Only when I checked it in the house last night where I got about 10 mbs down .

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Just to throw in my 2 cents about data coverage. Was in Dublin today and coming back on the bus to Wexford, decided to try streaming from Amazon Prime on my iPhone using the 4g, and absolultly rock solid connection all the way down, no buffering or disconnections. Very happy with it as I barely use my phone as an actual phone to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

if you go over the 80 GB "Fair Usage" they throttle your speed to 25kbps (effectivly cutting you off) nothing works on my phone at this speed

be aware of this

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Btw has anyone had issues roaming in Northern Ireland? I've found that GoMo doesn't seem to roam automatically (was with Tesco Mobile before that - no issues) and only seems to roam on EE. That network doesn't appear to have the best coverage in the North. In order to roam, I had to keep manually searching for EE if I was driving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I forgot I’d switched tbh, until I happened to pull down my notifications and saw “GoMo” written there. I have noticed that my phone hasn’t mysteriously dropped data connection, while still saying it has full signal, since I switched (I previously had this problem on both 3 and Tesco, only on iPhone though, not Android). When I call another GoMo customer I have much better call quality than previous Tesco to Tesco calls. And the phone hasn’t dropped a call, which was happening all the time on Tesco (only since I upgraded to iOS 13, but it’s stopped on the new network, so who knows what the issue was).

Admittedly I haven’t left Dublin in the three weeks since I’ve switched so I can’t comment on signal outside the Pale.

Speedtest result (at 1am) below. Way more than I need tbh. At €9.99 this is fantastic.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive an issue in the last few days where my phone keeps dropping signal and I have to power it off and on before it comes back, also getting an increased number of calls dropping and failing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 djkelly99

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ive an issue in the last few days where my phone keeps dropping signal and I have to power it off and on before it comes back, also getting an increased number of calls dropping and failing.

same here, tried out 3 different sims and same result on all of them. All calls drop after 4/5 mins wihtout fail. Same with data connection. Comes up on my phone saying 'No Network Available'. The weird thing is that I've full coverage when it comes back up. It's just that it keeps going in and out. Cancelled them all today, too unreliable. Also, when testing with an original eir sim I've never had issues, so while it might be using the same network it definitely isn't treating it the same way.

And as for customer service....don't even go there. Absolutely useless. Told them about my issues (after waiting on chat for ages), and their solution was 'yeah, nothing we can do, you could try ordering more sim cards again to see if that'll fix it'. Won't be switching networks again anytime soon. Not worth the headache.

Advertisement