Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is kim jong un dead ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Taken too soon, why do all the good ones go first?
    RIP Kim, rest with the angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

He did a great interview with David Skylark a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

bazz26 wrote: »
    If it is true that the crazy tyrant is dead then one down and one to go:

Screen-Shot-2017-08-11-at-8.23.17-PM-1024x495.png

Are they related?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It was CNN the other day and now it's TMZ. I would imagine the "Source" tried everyone else then went to the bottom of the barrel in CNN, then when the story didn't work out the other day, the source found one notch below in TMZ. It will be Huffington Post next.

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Sister looks seriously demented. First woman to dictate NK

Oh no! She’s not managed by Noel Kelly as well, is she? She’s bound to get the gig if she is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I wouldnt say no.

This sucker is about to go Nuclear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Taken too soon, why do all the good ones go first?
    RIP Kim, rest with the angles.

RIP in piece

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

Looks like he a vegie so brain dead
    Ha Ha the heart surgeon botched the op because hands where shaking with fear probably had a couple of underwear changes as well

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5361448/kim-jong-un-dead-north-korea-heart-op-china/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I thought North Korea's god like leaders were above such human needs as breathing, drinking and taking a s***.
    Was it just his father who made these wild claims about his abilities and deeds and the son try's to come across as human?
    Anyway, may he die roaring, evil c***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Next after Adolf the most popular dictator on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

RIP in piece

I can here the angles sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

The sister is a fine thing. I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Can't understand the animosity here, like what did he ever do to anyone in Ireland? Fly like eagle O Great Un!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    The sister is a fine thing. I would.
    I would too but she's probably a psycho. You'd get the Lorena Bobbitt treatment if you annoyed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The sister has been in charge the last couple of weeks, and another time she stood in for him as well.

She's supposed to take over, until the Jong Un's son turns of age, or dies in a freak accident.

Now, completely judging a book by its cover, she's as sharp as a tack, and wicked as ****. She'll either out nutjob IL and Un, or drag NK kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

donvito99 wrote: »
    No he was revived and renamed Kim Jung Deux
    Other rumours that he'll be replaced by his sister Kim Jong Une

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

It was CNN the other day and now it's TMZ. I would imagine the "Source" tried everyone else then went to the bottom of the barrel in CNN, then when the story didn't work out the other day, the source found one notch below in TMZ. It will be Huffington Post next.

TMZ is a thrash/gossip site.However when they actually confirm a rumour or story you can take it as gospel and they're often the first to have it.
    By the way they have said they are NOT confirming that he is dead,just saying it is reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

If he was dead, it would be confirmed on the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Dead or alive ,the Chinese Government will be managing this whole situation. North Korea is totally dependent on Chinese support.

I wonder do they see them as a loose cannon at times. Or, if North Korea take advantage of the cover they give to China.

Both are rotten states.

Their ordinary /average people are some of the finest in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The surgeon who's shaky hands seem to have left Rocket man in a vegetative state may not have got a good nights sleep last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ash3070

So I googled around to see who would be next in line. Officially he has no children as none of them have ever been displayed to the Korean public. However he did mention a child at the summit with Trump. South Korean and American intelligence have also indicated that he has a 10 year old son, a seven year old and a 3 year old daughter. 10 year old is obviously too young to take over now if his father IS dead.

He had 2 brothers, one of whom he famously murdered. The other one, the eldest Kim Jong-chul, is unlikely to step in. He has staunchly refused to involve himself in politics and prefers to just play guitar. So most likely it would go to the sister, Kim Yojong. He's been grooming her as a successor and in recent years, she's taken a much stronger involvement in politics and leadership. Interestingly(?) there has never been a female dictator to come into power in her own right, they've all seized power after the deaths of their dictator husband. Kim Yojong would of course also be taking power due to the death of a close male dictator, however she would be the first female dictator in history to have not been married to the previous one. Not useful information really but I thought it was interesting :) However like most countries run by dictators, North Korea are an extremely conservative country, unlikely to accept a female leader.

The ONLY other possible heir would be his nephews, Kim Han-sol, Kim Kum-sol and Kim Geum-sol. All unlikely given that they're currently in hiding as the sons of the brother Kim Jong-un assassinated.

It's also possible that the North Korean government could install a general unrelated to the Kim family. This would be notable however given that they would be the first person to rule unrelated to Kim Il-sung, the famous general who 'liberated' North Koreans and founded the nation (even though there's a lot of evidence that the person who went on to take power wasn't actually the real Kim Il-sung, that the real Kim Il-sung died in battle). North Koreans viewed KIS and to a slightly lesser extent, Kim Jong-Il as gods. This facade slipped a lot when they died, gods don't die after all. While Kim Jong-un is revered, it's not the way his father and grandfather were. It's not really because of divine right but for a lot of people it's because they don't want to be punished - and they don't want generations of their family to end up in gulags.

If power is given to someone outside of the Kim family though, the curtain is finally ripped off for good. It could VERY easily lead to civil war. Not something we really want with a country with a nuclear arsenal. Maybe down the line, a civil war could lead to reunification, however short and medium term, it's just going to be trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ash3070 wrote: »
    So I googled around to see who would be next in line. Officially he has no children as none of them have ever been displayed to the Korean public. However he did mention a child at the summit with Trump. South Korean and American intelligence have also indicated that he has a 10 year old son, a seven year old and a 3 year old daughter. 10 year old is obviously too young to take over now if his father IS dead.

He had 2 brothers, one of whom he famously murdered. The other one, the eldest Kim Jong-chul, is unlikely to step in. He has staunchly refused to involve himself in politics and prefers to just play guitar. So most likely it would go to the sister, Kim Yojong. He's been grooming her as a successor and in recent years, she's taken a much stronger involvement in politics and leadership. Interestingly(?) there has never been a female dictator to come into power in her own right, they've all seized power after the deaths of their dictator husband. Kim Yojong would of course also be taking power due to the death of a close male dictator, however she would be the first female dictator in history to have not been married to the previous one. Not useful information really but I thought it was interesting :) However like most countries run by dictators, North Korea are an extremely conservative country, unlikely to accept a female leader.

The ONLY other possible heir would be his nephews, Kim Han-sol, Kim Kum-sol and Kim Geum-sol. All unlikely given that they're currently in hiding as the sons of the brother Kim Jong-un assassinated.

It's also possible that the North Korean government could install a general unrelated to the Kim family. This would be notable however given that they would be the first person to rule unrelated to Kim Il-sung, the famous general who 'liberated' North Koreans and founded the nation (even though there's a lot of evidence that the person who went on to take power wasn't actually the real Kim Il-sung, that the real Kim Il-sung died in battle). North Koreans viewed KIS and to a slightly lesser extent, Kim Jong-Il as gods. This facade slipped a lot when they died, gods don't die after all. While Kim Jong-un is revered, it's not the way his father and grandfather were. It's not really because of divine right but for a lot of people it's because they don't want to be punished - and they don't want generations of their family to end up in gulags.

If power is given to someone outside of the Kim family though, the curtain is finally ripped off for good. It could VERY easily lead to civil war. Not something we really want with a country with a nuclear arsenal. Maybe down the line, a civil war could lead to reunification, however short and medium term, it's just going to be trouble.
    Thats exactly what china doesn't want. The second thing it doesn't want is the south Korea/USA getting a foothold should a power vacuum occur. China doesnt want the USA on its door step.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I can't believe he is/ was only 36 from his photo.
    Looks like hes been swilling pints for years

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ash3070

irishgeo wrote: »
    Thats exactly what china doesn't want. The second thing it doesn't want is the south Korea/USA getting a foothold should a power vacuum occur. China doesnt want the USA on its door step.

True, but China know that if they step in militarily then the U.S is obligated to South Korea to step in as well. And with THAAD pointing straight at North Korea (and conveniently also being in range of a large part of China), China probably are going to be very cautious about how they assist North Korea...basically if China do get involved, it'll escalate into an even larger mess of potentially nuclear proportions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Can't understand the animosity here, like what did he ever do to anyone in Ireland? Fly like eagle O Great Un!

Because a lot of Irish think they are Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope he's dead, and that the society now opens up and maybe even joins South Korea.
    It happened for Communist East Germany..

Most of all I hope all the people in NK prisons are let free soon.

Communism is such a monstrosity.
    It's true what they say; "capitalism builds walls to keep people out. Communism builds walls to keep people in."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

biko wrote: »
    I hope he's dead, and that the society now opens up and maybe even joins South Korea.
    It happened for Communist East Germany..

Most of all I hope all the people in NK prisons are let free soon.

Communism is such a monstrosity.
    It's true what they say; "capitalism builds walls to keep people out. Communism builds walls to keep people in."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

If he is dead the 5 million mass gathering at his funeral could wipe the whole country out with Covid. Every cloud.......

Very strange post. Wipe out a whole country of innocent oppressed people just because they have a madman in charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there anyway to find out?? even through the dark web?

Advertisement