Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

They want to flog what they have in stock so they can restock at cheaper prices.

Aha.. so, would you not be inclined to wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

People are saying "It'll go up next week".

Do ye mean because of the carbon tax or otherwise?

I have three 1000 litre tanks waiting, and waiting, and waiting and I don' want to fu by leaving it too late :)

Right now I can get it at €356.00 per 1000 L.

Surely that can't be matched or go any lower. That price must be based on ur 3000L purchase. I'd be fighting just to get the whole lot for €1k cash... :-) No harm in asking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Aha.. so, would you not be inclined to wait....

I'm waiting, it's 400 here.

At 356 I'd rather not take the gamble that the man with the orange skin and the comb over might trigger an upsurge in demand.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Not use To being in the position to be able to afford to consider a full fill. If I order 1000L and it turns out there is only room for 900L in the tank, I presume they adjust your bill to what you actually got?

Happy4all wrote: »
    Not use To being in the position to be able to afford to consider a full fill. If I order 1000L and it turns out there is only room for 900L in the tank, I presume they adjust your bill to what you actually got?

Ah yeah of course you pay for what you get, if you order a fill and it takes less than 500 litres there will probably be a small extra charge of a couple of cents a litre.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Surely that can't be matched or go any lower. That price must be based on ur 3000L purchase. I'd be fighting just to get the whole lot for €1k cash... :-) No harm in asking

No. It's not based on 3000 L purchase. Have a look here...

Bearing in mind that is what it is at 20:27 on 24-04-2020

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Kildare

There is a €355.00 but they won't come as far as me. The €356.00 will though :D

No. It's not based on 3000 L purchase. Have a look here...

Bearing in mind that is what it is at 20:27 on 24-04-2020

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Kildare

There is a €355.00 but they won't come as far as me. The €356.00 will though :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i1cJIwE7M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

At €350 there's very little margin unless the refineries have dropped their prices.

Normally circa 10c goes on refining oil into kerosene, circa 10c for distribution and 4c for carbon tax.

Oil @ $25/€23 costs 14.5c a litre

So that's 38.5c + vat @13.5%
    About 43c a litre.

Even if refineries were at 5c and tight distribution at 8c, carbon 4c, oil 14c, total 31c. Add vat and you're at 35c

But feck all profits for anyone, so unsustainable.

The 2c extra carbon will eat any potential drop by oil to $22 (current price), so I'd be grabbing €350/1000L now.

Still cursing for paying 477 3 weeks ago 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

I paid 68 cent 7 weeks ago or so..... full tank.

Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Got 500 litres for €220 during the week, is this decent all things considered or could I have had it for less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Got 500 litres for €220 during the week, is this decent all things considered or could I have had it for less?

Well considering 1000L can be got for €370 in Offaly and less in other places you may have overpaid a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Blanco100 wrote: »

I just ordered 1000 litres for €349. So yes.

I remember paying €20 for 20 litre drums during the last recession.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I just ordered 1000 litres for €349. So yes.

I remember paying €20 for 20 litre drums during the last recession.

I paid 97c a litre to fill a couple of drums while waiting on a delivery a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Paid €199 for 500 L yesterday considerably cheaper than other years

09/09/2013 €450 glen fuels 500L
    28/03/2014 €250 Burke oil
    17/10/2014 €500 glenn fuels 630L
    02/09/2015 €284 Campus 500L 45 cm on the stick
    23/01/2016 €257 Campus 550L 50 cm on the stick
    09/01/2017 €240 Campus 300L 28cm on stick
    10/07/2017 €275 Burke oil 500L 43cm on the oil level stick
    09/03/2018 €316 Campus 450L 40cm on the stick
    26/10/2018 €409.00 Campus 500L
    04/04/2019 €356 Campus 500L
    04/09/2019 €239 Campus 300L
    17/03/2020 €258 Campus 400L
    24/04/2020 €199 Kenny Oil 500L Thanks Corona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I paid 500 for 1000 on Tuesday, i should have waited

Makes you wish you had a second tank buried in the garden

Makes you wish you had a second tank buried in the garden

I have 2 more 1000 litre tanks, im seriously considering filling up one of them and storing it

You lucky sod
    I wouldn't even think twice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

Can you store home heating in
    a IBC tank?
    You lucky sod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

a IBC tank?
    You lucky sod

• Advertisement

tech wrote: »
    a IBC tank?

Probably not legally as it would not be double skin

tech wrote: »
    a IBC tank?

As long as you keep it out of sunlight it should be fine, if you had a new or barely used one id see no problem with storing it long term, ibc are designed to hold toxic/corrosive liquids as it is, oil tanks arent double skinned so i dont know why the other poster mentioned this

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

As long as you keep it out of sunlight it should be fine, if you had a new or barely used one id see no problem with storing it long term, ibc are designed to hold toxic/corrosive liquids as it is, oil tanks arent double skinned so i dont know why the other poster mentioned this

Get a black ibc if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

oil tanks arent double skinned so i dont know why the other poster mentioned this
    In accordance with Building Regulations oil tanks must be positioned over a bund of equal or greater capacity. Not the same as double skinned but extra safety required in the event of a leakage

Im pretty sure Bunded ( double skin ) oil tanks have been the mainstream for a long time now

Certainly back in 2010 when our oil heating was installed this was the situation
    I don't imagine that the legislation was relaxed since then

OIL TANK REGULATIONS
    Important information : Single Skin Oil Tanks

Unlike Bunded Oil Tanks, Single Skin Oil Tanks incorporate no form of secondary containment whatsoever. Therefore, in the event of a spillage, an environmental pollution incident will result.

Single Skin Tanks are therefore inherently unsuitable for installation at any agricultural, commercial, industrial and institutional installations. At many installations, fitting a Single Skin Oil Tank where a Bunded Tank is legally required is a criminal offence.

Single Skin Oil Tanks are also unsuitable for installation at most domestic oil
    storage installations too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Im pretty sure Bunded ( double skin ) oil tanks have been the mainstream for a long time now

Certainly back in 2010 when our oil heating was installed this was the situation
    I don't imagine that the legislation was relaxed since then

OIL TANK REGULATIONS
    Important information : Single Skin Oil Tanks

Unlike Bunded Oil Tanks, Single Skin Oil Tanks incorporate no form of secondary containment whatsoever. Therefore, in the event of a spillage, an environmental pollution incident will result.

Single Skin Tanks are therefore inherently unsuitable for installation at any agricultural, commercial, industrial and institutional installations. At many installations, fitting a Single Skin Oil Tank where a Bunded Tank is legally required is a criminal offence.

Single Skin Oil Tanks are also unsuitable for installation at most domestic oil
    storage installations too

Don't think I've ever seen a bunded tank at a domestic premises. Like everything regarding insurance, everything's fine until something goes wrong. Anyway we're getting into the usual boards bull**** of arguing about nothing and going completely off topic. Wexford prices are still 50 to 60 Euro more than what's being quoted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Any good prices out there for Cork? Trying to convince the folks to fill the tank up, think we'd need about 500l worth. Folks have used East Cork Oil before, how are they for prices at the mo?

Trying to get parents to ring around is like I've asked them to go hire a hitman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Any good prices out there for Cork? Trying to convince the folks to fill the tank up, think we'd need about 500l worth. Folks have used East Cork Oil before, how are they for prices at the mo?

Trying to get parents to ring around is like I've asked them to go hire a hitman.

East Cork oil took over WFC here in Enniscorthy, they've been consistently dearer ever since.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

€210 for 500l from a number of suppliers:

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Cork

€20 - €30 higher than Dublin prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Casey’s Roscommon Town, 34.9 on
    The pump

Advertisement