Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Is a second tank needed or worthwhile?

Currently we go through about 1.5 to 2k litres of kerro a year. Got 1K litres 3 weeks ago into a 1,200 litre tank and I would expect that to last us until close to Xmas dependent on weather and the amount of time spent home working over the next while. How long will kerro keep in a tank before it starts to go off as it were? Are any oil suppliers taking up front payment of oil now to deliver at a later date maybe 6 or 9 months down the line? Also are an oil company happy to deliver to an IBC tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

In the last 12 hours 8 different companies in Dublin have dropped to or below 360 per 1,000 litres.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Wexford seems to be one of the places which is taking a while to drop their prices compared to other counties . Example being, Mr Oil deliver to both Carlow and Wexford and get the prices in Carlow are much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

112 cheaper than what I paid 2 weeks ago. I'm, getting sicker and sicker looking at it.
    Almost tempted to leave my heating on 24/7 just to be able to get cheaper oil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

112 cheaper than what I paid 2 weeks ago. I'm, getting sicker and sicker looking at it.
    Almost tempted to leave my heating on 24/7 just to be able to get cheaper oil :D

Same here :) but 6 weeks ago oil in Galway was around 640 for 1000 now is 380-400.Nice drop anyway and it will go up next week so they trying to shift as much as they can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Same here :) but 6 weeks ago oil in Galway was around 640 for 1000 now is 380-400.Nice drop anyway and it will go up next week so they trying to shift as much as they can

Will it definitely go up next week? I've been saying to OH that we should get a fill and he keeps saying, "let it drop some more" but I want to strike while it is still low!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Are any oil suppliers taking up front payment of oil now to deliver at a later date maybe 6 or 9 months down the line?

Is this a thing?
    Father in law has one of those caged tanks you'd see on construction sites, tempted to get it filled

Antares35 wrote: »
    Will it definitely go up next week? I've been saying to OH that we should get a fill and he keeps saying, "let it drop some more" but I want to strike while it is still low!

Duty goes up from 1st may unless will be postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Duty goes up from 1st may unless will be postponed

Won't be. We need the money to pay the Chinese banks back the loans we got. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Yeah, if gov want the greens on board, I cant see them postponing the new duty on a commodity that is at record lows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Its ideal time for duty to go on it tbh, most people will barely notice given the massive reduction in price.
    The duty is I think 20 quid per 1000l, so only a fraction of the drop.
    I got 1000l for 405, the other day, maybe should have waited a bit longer but we were fairly low and didn't want to run out, I can't imagine it going to drop too much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Big boss 1986

What companies in Galway are selling for €380 to €400 ??

Thank you, am in Co. Galway.

Texoil and Claddagh for sure but you have to call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

florawest wrote: »
    Big boss 1986

Corrib oil. 400 euro for 1000 litres as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

400 euro for 1000L, 205 for 500L in Waterford for kerosene from McCarthy's Tramore

august12 wrote: »
    Corrib oil. 400 euro for 1000 litres as of today.

On the ball, just checked them there as they supply in Kerry too and sure enough they dropped to 400 because Kelleher's had done so 2 hours earlier.

That's twice now they have dropped 20 off since Wednesday.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

Herby12 wrote: »
    420 in Tralee, 350 in Dublin for 1000 litres. Big difference.

Yes Herby, waiting myself for the prices to drop in comparison to other areas of Ireland. 1000 is still 418 in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

delboy76 wrote: »
    Yes Herby, waiting myself for the prices to drop in comparison to other areas of Ireland. 1000 is still 418 in Kerry.

At least Kerry is a good distance from Dublin, Wexford is about €45 dearer than Wicklow, even oil delivered to my house from a particular supplier ten miles from me in Co. Wicklow is €45 dearer than to my cousin 20 miles further from them in Co Wicklow. Must be a border tax we haven't heard about

• Registered Users Posts: 31 embers_fire

florawest wrote: »
    Big boss 1986

I rang Claddagh Oil and ordered 800L for 300 EUR. I would have ordered more if I thought I had space in the tank.

delboy76 wrote: »

Kelleher's and Corrib are down to 400 since today, we're still way behind other places even at that though but it's a lot cheaper than last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

400 per 1000l in cavan/meath, expected to drop again by the end of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Sister got 1000l from Flaherty Fuels Ferbane, Co Offaly for €370 today. They said they'd do 37c a litre regardless of how much she got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I rang Claddagh Oil and ordered 800L for 300 EUR. I would have ordered more if I thought I had space in the tank.

Why didnt you just ask them to fill it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

That's a very good price i.e. 375 for 1000 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

People are saying "It'll go up next week".

Do ye mean because of the carbon tax or otherwise?

I have three 1000 litre tanks waiting, and waiting, and waiting and I don' want to fu by leaving it too late :)

Right now I can get it at €356.00 per 1000 L.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have three 1000 litre tanks waiting, and waiting, and waiting and I don' want to fu by leaving it too late :)

Carbon tax is definitively going up next week - and the markets are a mess right now so its hard to say how that will affect pre-tax prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

west Cork

http://www.mjkoils.com/orders.mjkoils.com.html

500l €210
    1000l €400

Right now I can get it at €356.00 per 1000 L.

356 is a great price in fairness, if I could get it for that now I'd be filling every spare space in my two tanks and numerous containers.

It's 400 here in Kerry since this morning. The Green Party tax is coming in on May 1st so it'll be an extra 20 euro per 1,000 litres.

Hopefully the lack of storage space worldwide will see prices continue to drop in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

L1011 wrote: »
    Carbon tax is definitively going up next week - and the markets are a mess right now so its hard to say how that will affect pre-tax prices.

Yes, the carbon tax is not what's bothering me and I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting it but I thought I read that suppliers are trying to get rid of as much as they can before the carbon tax rise. Why?

Once the carbon tax goes on, will they raise their prices also?

• Advertisement

Yes, the carbon tax is not what's bothering me and I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting it but I thought I read that suppliers are trying to get rid of as much as they can before the carbon tax rise. Why?

Once the carbon tax goes on, will they raise their prices also?

They want to flog what they have in stock so they can restock at cheaper prices.

Advertisement