Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

TimHorton wrote: »
    My Tank is Full , What about storing another 1000 or 2000 lt ? In what for how long ?
    An IBC tank would be a cheap way of storing 1000 litres but I would think for insurance purposes regarding leakage spillage a second tank might not be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭enricoh

Who2 wrote: »
    285 for 1000 liter in culloville, collect yourself.

Too many checkpoints around for that craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Car99 wrote: »
    An IBC tank would be a cheap way of storing 1000 litres but I would think for insurance purposes regarding leakage spillage a second tank might not be covered.

ÌBC would be ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just to remind people suppliers in Ireland will have to pay the increase in carbon tax from next friday 1st may.

A Bag of 40kg coal is increasing 80c a bag
    Briquettes are going up 30c a bale
    small 11kg of gas around €1 increase
    large cylinders approx €4.50 increase
    heating oil will also increase around €20 for 1000litres
    This won't effect buying from the north just local suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

TimHorton wrote: »
    ÌBC would be ok ?
    I don't see why not as long as its full to capacity. You don't want room for condensation to build up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Casey's Roscommon Town, 34.9c per litre at the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Casey's Roscommon Town, 34.9c per litre at the pump.

They deserve to be supported at the prices they offer. I ran out before Christmas and filled two containers to tide me over until delivery a few days later, I paid 97 cent at the nearest pump that had supply.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

395 for 1000 in South Kilkenny with campus oil, "cm15"
    For 15 euro off online quotes

Use "Car25" for €25 off. With campus online.
    "Wat25" works aswell although it is supposed to be for Waterford only.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Who's currently the cheapest around Galway / Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

Morby wrote: »

You ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 fleece

Morby wrote: »

The cheapest I came across in Galway was 400 for 1000lts from Claddagh Oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

€400 for 1000 ltrs in Mc Cormacks Mountbellew for east Galway side, also on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

gobo99 wrote: »
    Use "Car25" for €25 off. With campus online.
    "Wat25" works aswell although it is supposed to be for Waterford only.
    codes not working

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Seeing prices of €190 for 500l and €370 for 1000l around now.

Another €10 below that from some suppliers around Dublin.

Graham wrote: »
    Seeing prices of €190 for 500l and €370 for 1000l around now.

Another €10 below that from some suppliers around Dublin.

349 euro a few posts above yours with location included.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

349 euro a few posts above yours with location included.

I only see 'at the pump' at that price, did I miss a post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Top oil Athlone 35c a litre delivery for quantity over 700 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Herby12

420 in Tralee, 350 in Dublin for 1000 litres. Big difference.

Top oil Athlone 35c a litre delivery for quantity over 700 litres.

Savage value to be had out there.

Hopefully it'll drop to that price or near enough nationwide.

Picked up a secondhand tank locally today and have capacity for another 500 litres in used 20 litre oil containers.

How much did you pay for tank if you dont mind telling. How big it is.

• Advertisement

Herby12 wrote: »
    How much did you pay for tank if you dont mind telling. How big it is.

Don't mind telling at all, it cost nothing. It holds 1240 litres.

The man is a friend of mine who picked up a few of them from a contractor who had a job lot of them from a housing estate that he wanted to get rid of a couple of months ago.

My friend has a lot of storage space so took a few of them knowing they were too good a bargain to leave behind. I mentioned to him about oil after dropping in price so much and I could do with a spare one and would buy one off him and he said take one away shur and when your finished with it drop it back.

The same man would do the same favour for anyone of his friends if they asked and vice versa. It's the country way.

He has to be very good man. Good to have friends. Only think what I can find here is 150e for same size as yours. Stay safe and buy lots of oil. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭tech

44c west cork for 500l 220e
    Herby12 wrote: »
    He has to be very good man. Good to have friends. Only think what I can find here is 150e for same size as yours. Stay safe and buy lots of oil. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Don't mind telling at all, it cost nothing. It holds 1240 litres.

The man is a friend of mine who picked up a few of them from a contractor who had a job lot of them from a housing estate that he wanted to get rid of a couple of months ago.

My friend has a lot of storage space so took a few of them knowing they were too good a bargain to leave behind. I mentioned to him about oil after dropping in price so much and I could do with a spare one and would buy one off him and he said take one away shur and when your finished with it drop it back.

The same man would do the same favour for anyone of his friends if they asked and vice versa. It's the country way.

What way will you work it? Will you pump from one tank to another? I'd be terrified it would leak I don't think house insurers would be happy to know I had two brimmed tanks in the garden.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What way will you work it? Will you pump from one tank to another? I'd be terrified it would leak I don't think house insurers would be happy to know I had two brimmed tanks in the garden.

My oil tank, boiler, solar cylinder and water filtration system are all in a purpose built shed where there is plenty room for another tank. I'll just pump the oil from the spare to the usual tank when there is room for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So im wondering how long this will be as low as it is or lower?

Few technical questions -

Does Kerosene evapourate at the same rate as petrol or diesel? Or does it at all.

I have 2 35,000 ltr tanks formerly used as petrol and diesel tanks outside and seriously considering filling them and sitting on them for a year - evapouration is my only worry really - any other down points?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ardinn wrote: »
    So im wondering how long this will be as low as it is or lower?

Few technical questions -

Does Kerosene evapourate at the same rate as petrol or diesel? Or does it at all.

I have 2 35,000 ltr tanks formerly used as petrol and diesel tanks outside and seriously considering filling them and sitting on them for a year - evapouration is my only worry really - any other down points?

28/30 k :). My biggest fear there would be a white transit or an avesis with a box trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

28/30 k :). My biggest fear there would be a white transit or an avesis with a box trailer

Underground!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

€359 capital oil for Dublin and Kildare

I thought I had the inside track - paid €480.

Tempted to get a second tank :)

• Advertisement

350 euro in EK Fuels, delivery to 25 mile radius of Dundalk.

Advertisement