Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

If season ends as things stand, there should be no relegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,240 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Anyone out there doing this

https://www.livefpl.net/login

Signed up for this Friday night for the craic. Virtual FPL. More details on Fantasy Football Scout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

gammygils wrote: »
    Anyone out there doing this

https://www.livefpl.net/login

Signed up for this Friday night for the craic. Virtual FPL. More details on Fantasy Football Scout
    Sooooo, fantasy, fantasy football?

This has to be a scam to capture contact details of those with an addictive personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Based on their implementation of their own rules and deadlines the season is over
    Gw 38 will open and then it will close after kickoff (all games are due to be played simultaneously)
    No way fixtures will have been rearranged by May 17th
    So no way they can be included in gw 38

Forgot to check at the weekend
    I rose 4 places to 1010
    Maybe because of transfers made
    I’ll break top 1 k yet !!!!

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1250749092579377153

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McBain11

Is the FPL season most likely over so, even if the PL plan to resume in June?

Has there been any clarity from FPL on why they didn't pause the game back in March?

McBain11 wrote: »
    Is the FPL season most likely over so, even if the PL plan to resume in June?

Has there been any clarity from FPL on why they didn't pause the game back in March?

I assume it is over. GW38 will open and close after deadline as all the others have done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I assume it is over. GW38 will open and close after deadline as all the others have done

Probably still worth wildcarding in 37 and using a chip in 38 just in case though. They know how important it is to so many people shame for it to end like this.

Well I think the general feeling is they are not very good at running this website or game.

This pretty much proves it.

No solution. No updates. No nada.

Still standing in the middle of the road looking at the lights.

Pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Basically set a reminder on your phone to have a wildcard made by 9th May, then hit Bench Boost the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Well I think the general feeling is they are not very good at running this website or game.

This pretty much proves it.

No solution. No updates. No nada.

Pretty pathetic.

Without having a go at you personally.... I don’t think too many people/companies have a contingency plan for a global pandemic, or in the case of a game reliant on statistics for the supply of information to just simply stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Without having a go at you personally.... I don’t think too many people/companies have a contingency plan for a global pandemic, or in the case of a game reliant on statistics for the supply of information to just simply stop.

Ah come on, regardless of the fact that there are 1000 things more important than FPL right now, this is still their little corner of the world, and they could have done a better job here IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That's pretty unfair.

They've been slagging off Shane Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

If they run all the games in gameweek 38 I'm fecked anyway, no bench boost so I'll lose all my leagues

If they run all the games in gameweek 38 I'm fecked anyway, no bench boost so I'll lose all my leagues

Yeah anyone without a bench boost is a bit bugged alright. They kind of need to stick to 38 weeks at this point too although nothing they have done really makes much sense so who knows what they'll come up with.

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah anyone without a bench boost is a bit bugged alright. They kind of need to stick to 38 weeks at this point too although nothing they have done really makes much sense so who knows what they'll come up with.

They have stuck rigidly to their deadlines all the way through
    That will not change
    38 gameweeks
    The season is over Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

That will not change
    38 gameweeks

Ummm have I won my money league so?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Ummm have I won my money league so?

This will be the question
    I suppose whatever they decide to do with their prizes leagues etc will dictate

It’s over for me now anyway whatever happens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fairly amateur move really KM, not keeping your chips in case a global medical pandemic breaks out and delays the season 2 months.

It's basically rule 1 of Fantasy Football

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Fairly amateur move really KM, not keeping your chips in case a global medical pandemic breaks out and delays the season 2 months.

It's basically rule 1 of Fantasy Football

:D
    I still have free hit ;)

I meant it’s over as in I am not playing next season either way
    Going to enjoy the sport for a year at least

• Advertisement

That will not change
    38 gameweeks

Yeah they've been consistent for sure. Given theres no 39 deadline an open ended 38 ties in with what they've said. Be a bit of fun having a monster week like that!

Yeah they've been consistent for sure. Given theres no 39 deadline an open ended 38 ties in with what they've said. Be a bit of fun having a monster week like that!

The deadline for 38 will close at 2pm that day as it always does
    Other fixtures will not have been rearranged at that point Id say
    It’s over

The deadline for 38 will close at 2pm that day as it always does
    Other fixtures will not have been rearranged at that point Id say
    It’s over

I'm talking about the end of 38. There doesnt seem to be much in the rules about the gameweek ends other than it stating the game will be updated after the last match of the day. Theres a lot of rules so maybe theres something hidden away in there somewhere.

Probably the case of if theres no fixtures at that point, which does seem likely, then it's over.

That will not change
    38 gameweeks

I reckon if the dates have been announced by the time the deadline of GW38 comes along, they will work it in some format. Potentially one massive gameweek, potentially something else. Given that we’ve never been in anything like this, and hopefully never will again, it’s hard to have THAT much confidence about any particular outcome.

CSF wrote: »
    I reckon if the dates have been announced by the time the deadline of GW38 comes along, they will work it in some format. Potentially one massive gameweek, potentially something else. Given that we’ve never been in anything like this, and hopefully never will again, it’s hard to have THAT much confidence about any particular outcome.

That could prove to be the cut off alright. Anything not set by gw38 deadline is basically ignored. Would be weird but this is one weird situation.

That could prove to be the cut off alright. Anything not set by gw38 deadline is basically ignored. Would be weird but this is one weird situation.

Yeah, my guess is that I’d they’ve been told it’s not ending they won’t end it,

If that hasn’t happened, they’d probably end it and wouldn’t really be able to restart it.

My feeling is there will be a decision by that point though on the fate of the league, so my guess is that the fate of FPL will be the same as that of the EPL, whatever that might be.

Just checked my OR
    10 green arrows in a row now :D
    Rising a place or two each week my making no transfer I assume
    1007 now
    Will be right to break top1k but I might sneak in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

For some reason my rank is getting worse despite only making 2 transfers in the past 4 weeks, have 2FT for this week. Dropped 67 places this week which makes no sense as my Overall points have stayed the same

For some reason my rank is getting worse despite only making 2 transfers in the past 4 weeks, have 2FT for this week. Dropped 67 places this week which makes no sense as my Overall points have stayed the same

Did you make a transfer before the last deadline? Presume so otherwise does seem strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Did you make a transfer before the last deadline? Presume so otherwise does seem strange.

Same here, dropped in GW30 but increased since? No hits.

29: 1,017,736
    30: 1,013,903
    31: 1,014,526
    32: 1,014,466
    33: 1,015,704
    34: 1,015,693

Advertisement