Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I cant see this season being finished, more and more leagues cancelling their seasons as the weeks go by and the UK numbers arent improving so hard to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McBain11

I think the PL will do everything possible to finish out their season. It will bankrupt many clubs if they don't. If the British government don't give it the go ahead at some point, expect the PL to even consider finishing abroad in neutral venues.

In terms of FPL, the lack of feedback has been desperate. GW38 deadline is just over 2 weeks away. Surely they can say whether they are definitively ending the FPL season in May, or if the PL resumes they are putting all games in a monster gw38, or adding additional gameweeks to the league (I don't see this happening due to h2h leagues). It surely isn't that hard to give an idea of what way they are thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think the PL will restart playing on June 8th. All the plans are being made currently. How the FPL game will work, I have no clue. GW would be pretty quick with the 'festival of football' idea. We could see a few DGWs possibly.

It will be over once gw38 deadline passes
    They can’t very well go and change the rules now after being so pigheaded about it since March

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    It will be over once gw38 deadline passes
    They can’t very well go and change the rules now after being so pigheaded about it since March

My own view, with no basis whatsoever, is that they can’t extend beyond 38 GWS. However, they MAY be able to set up a new ‘season’ to cover 9 GWS and transfer across data such as points, Classic leagues etc.

I’d imagine the chips would be an issue, so we may all start with the same chips but our ‘original’ points.

Benimar wrote: »
    My own view, with no basis whatsoever, is that they can’t extend beyond 38 GWS. However, they MAY be able to set up a new ‘season’ to cover 9 GWS and transfer across data such as points, Classic leagues etc.

I’d imagine the chips would be an issue, so we may all start with the same chips but our ‘original’ points.
    And new teams ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Benimar wrote: »

That seems even crazier than a massive gw38. So probably the option they'll go with lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

And new teams ........

Yes, probably in the form of a free WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Who knows what the hell is gonna happen, but been chippin' away usin' transfers and now have this:

De Gea, McCarthy
    TAA, Lundstram, Boly, Holgate, Maguire
    Sarr, Salah, KdB, Grealish, Fernandes
    Jota, Aubameyang, DCL

Ready to go BB if necessary

Any offical news before next weekend would be pretty big.

It’ll be the last chance to WC and then BB so a decision would be good.

Would stink if they came out the following week with news that may be irrelevant at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any offical news before next weekend would be pretty big.

It’ll be the last chance to WC and then BB so a decision would be good.

Would stink if they came out the following week with news that may be irrelevant at that stage.

Yeah if there's no news I'll wildcard Friday to get a strong 15. Then Bench Boost before GW38.

Might all come to nothing, but might as well be setup as best I can with the rules as they currently stand.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah if there's no news I'll wildcard Friday to get a strong 15. Then Bench Boost before GW38.

Might all come to nothing, but might as well be setup as best I can with the rules as they currently stand.

Aye. I’m planning on doing the same but what if they end up adding extra GW’s ?

If I knew they were going to add extra GW’s I’d keep both chips.

Rose one place to 1006
    Soooooooo close now

Aye. I’m planning on doing the same but what if they end up adding extra GW’s ?

If I knew they were going to add extra GW’s I’d keep both chips.

If they were considering that you would have hoped they would let us know or at least hint at it in on the site in some way. Whatever they do feels like those of us who kept chips back and going to get shafted! I'm starting to think that if no fixtures are scheduled by the 17th they'll end the season that evening, as would have normally happened, and then give us a separate mini season with the additional fixtures. Far from ideal but can imagine that's something they would do. Whatever they do hopefully we aren't too far away from finding out the biggest problem is the not knowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't see how they will finish the season. Brighton and West Ham both opposing neutral venues, Aguero has mentioned a lot of players are scared to go back and there's doesn't seem to be much improvement in the UK in terms of deaths decreasing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    I don't see how they will finish the season. Brighton and West Ham both opposing neutral venues, Aguero has mentioned a lot of players are scared to go back and there's doesn't seem to be much improvement in the UK in terms of deaths decreasing

Apparently they only need 14-6 in favour of neutral venues. I read that in the soccer forum but certainly have not scoured through documentation to be able to validate that as being true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Another green arrow and a rise of 4 places for me up to the heady heights of 75,955.

This whole not making transfers approach is the most successful strategy I've ever seen playing FPL

And another meteoric rise of 6 places this week. Team Value remains steady also :-)

I really wish FPL would give some sort of an update, even if it's something like "we're not sure what the plan is yet but we're working on a resolution". Their Twitter feed is pure drivel.

So GW37 closes Saturday, per the current rules there's about 100 games in GW38, Bundesliga starting next week, so looks like it might be happening.

Anyone else Wildcarding this week to setup a bench boost for the mega gameweek?

So GW37 closes Saturday, per the current rules there's about 100 games in GW38, Bundesliga starting next week, so looks like it might be happening.

Per the current rules GW 38 will close at 2pm that day. No fixtures have been rescheduled for that gameweek . So the game ends

• Advertisement

That's does seem to be what it implies but I agree with KM I think they'll close it up on the Saturday afternoon like they normally would and just say game over well done everyone. Maybe once the PL have established what they will do then fpl might make us a mini game or something maybe even test something a little different even? There must have been something random things they would have loved to test out but could never justify putting in the main game. 5-a-side anyone?

Per the current rules GW 38 will close at 2pm that day. No fixtures have been rescheduled for that gameweek . So the game ends

Looks that way. Complete shambles.

I'm in a head to head league where the top 4 play SF and final in gw37 and 38. These matches are now going to a virtual coin toss to finish the season out. Farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,504 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Signed up for Fantasy Bundesliga. Will make the weekends slightly more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    That's does seem to be what it implies but I agree with KM I think they'll close it up on the Saturday afternoon like they normally would and just say game over well done everyone. Maybe once the PL have established what they will do then fpl might make us a mini game or something maybe even test something a little different even? There must have been something random things they would have loved to test out but could never justify putting in the main game. 5-a-side anyone?

Isn’t it weird that they haven’t clarified exactly what they’re going to do? Even if it is implied, why not just clarify and avoid any doubt.

It’s a shambles and they are a disgrace.

It would take 15-30 seconds to notify all players of their intentions.

They should be getting lambasted on social media. Twitter especially.

Their twitter feed is a serious wind up at this stage.

McBain11 wrote: »
    Their twitter feed is a serious wind up at this stage.

Really ?

I haven’t seen any of it but I know it’s a platform they use for promotion of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Someone should write them a strongly worded letter.

My reading of this is that once GW38 deadline passes, our teams are locked and we can't make any more transfers.
    Then if any games are scheduled in June, our teams are locked in, and they'll just recalculate tables at the end of each day.

Now I totally accept they may change that, but as of right now, that's how the season will play out, so anyone who's not ready for that scenario only has themselves to blame.

Assume they're going to do what they say, until they tell us otherwise.

• Advertisement

Yeah well I’ve used my WC this week and I’ll use BB next week.

Advertisement