Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I had a dig into them are read through their acquisition presentation. The only thing that I'm concerned about is how they quantify subscribers. Wikipedia tells me they include people on free trials in their subscribers... "Total paid subscribers may include those who are on a paid, free-trial or via minimum guarantee as long as a method of payment has been provided."

I had a nibble at about $3 yesterday, I'll give it a year or two

This share is not for the faint-hearted due to all of the manipulation but its long-term future is great. In one or two years I'd be confident you won't regret the buy - I'd be surprised if there aren't big moves over the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭roosterman71

kaymin wrote: »
    This share is not for the faint-hearted due to all of the manipulation but its long-term future is great. In one or two years I'd be confident you won't regret the buy - I'd be surprised if there aren't big moves over the summer months.

Are people buying EROS on the NSE in India?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

manonboard wrote: »
    I might be naive and too optimistic, but hopefully with such a low value.. It might incline a certain country to not go to so many wars in countries with the resources.

That's one way to look at it.
    Another would be that some governments (like US Trump administration) are desperate to make their oil business profitable. Igniting few conflicts here and there around the world and curbing the global production could be beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Are people buying EROS on the NSE in India?

NYSE was the only option on my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

I've made enough day trading oil futures short in the last 10 days that it doesn't matter if I take another trade this year or for another 5 years for that matter. Oil has been destroyed and I don't think it's done yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

voluntary wrote: »
    That's one way to look at it.
    Another would be that some governments (like US Trump administration) are desperate to make their oil business profitable. Igniting few conflicts here and there around the world and curbing the global production could be beneficial.

Not to mention the money it puts in he pockets of defence companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

"Oil was cheaper in 1998 when its price reached about $10, but then because of such drastically low prices of "black gold", Russia went bankrupt, announcing a moratorium on repayment of the debt, which led to the strongest drops on stock exchanges in the last decade of the last century. "

voluntary wrote: »
    "Oil was cheaper in 1998 when its price reached about $10, but then because of such drastically low prices of "black gold", Russia went bankrupt, announcing a moratorium on repayment of the debt, which led to the strongest drops on stock exchanges in the last decade of the last century. "

Now the problem is worse...price is on the floor, there is a huge stock of it and there is no demand! At least in 1998 though it was cheap they were shifting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

kaymin wrote: »

What's this again?

Edit: EROS

https://pharmafield.co.uk/pharma_news/mhra_fast_track_nod_for_uk_pharma_companys_covid-19_study/

4d Pharma PLC

currently under 60p, was £1 prior to a placing in Feb that was at 50p, RNS yesterday regarding Phase II study in COVID-19.

Company is funded for the short term after the recent placing, they are working on a treatment not a vaccine........ as folk likely know, a vaccine being developed isn't at all guaranteed.

I'd put this one as low risk but potential high reward, and it'll be sooner rather then later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Anyone any thoughts on AT&T?

Apparently they’ll be reporting their first Q earnings tomorrow.

Thinking of dipping in for a small amount (I.e. I’m a noob so limiting my self to small trades at this stage) today in advance of their reporting.

I’m guessing their earnings will be slightly down but not dramatically and in the context of the current oil meltdown and it’s knock on effects, AT&T’s earnings might seem good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Just so you know, a 90:90:90 rule applies to spread betting. That is, 90% of people lose 90% of their money within 90 days :-)

So hope you know what you're doing!

Not any riskier than CFDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭howiya

An oldie from 2018 thread (possibly earlier)?

PavMed (PAVM) has announced that it obtained FDA approval for CarpX.

Up 14% today at around $2.60

Augeo wrote: »
    https://pharmafield.co.uk/pharma_news/mhra_fast_track_nod_for_uk_pharma_companys_covid-19_study/

4d Pharma PLC

currently under 60p, was £1 prior to a placing in Feb that was at 50p, RNS yesterday regarding Phase II study in COVID-19.

Company is funded for the short term after the recent placing, they are working on a treatment not a vaccine........ as folk likely know, a vaccine being developed isn't at all guaranteed.

I'd put this one as low risk but potential high reward, and it'll be sooner rather then later :)

I think developing a treatment would be far more sensible. That a vaccine is developed in a year or so that won't cause side effects etc is unlikely. Makes more sense to me to accept people will get it for the medium term and have decent drugs to treat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

howiya wrote: »
    An oldie from 2018 thread (possibly earlier)?

PavMed (PAVM) has announced that it obtained FDA approval for CarpX.

Up 14% today at around $2.60

thats what I was waiting for, up 21% as I type

Exxon rising today amid the Oil Chaos! In the green right now after steadily recovering its opening loss.

Possibly in anticipation of impending US tariffs on imported Oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

What’s the craic with GameStop stock today, down circa 10%? Was it not up 20% yesterday?

BillyBiggs wrote: »
    What’s the craic with GameStop stock today, down circa 10%? Was it not up 20% yesterday?

Yeah it’s been all over the shop last couple weeks. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

BillyBiggs wrote: »

Markets mainly down across the board today.

GME increased in price due to a proxy battle which ended as of yesterday. Expect its value to fall back closer to real market valuation.

• Advertisement

graph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,689 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Certainly taking a bath today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Bob Harris wrote: »
    graph.jpg

I would concur, the Bull trap has been sprung.... and now we are in for the big drop..... Soo buckle up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I would concur, the Bull trap has been sprung.... and now we are in for the big drop..... Soo buckle up

Why so sure this graph is going to play out? You're saying bull trap is sprung but the USA has sprung a .484 trillion additional stimulus.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

It's become quite clear I haven't a clue, I'm well on my way to full filling that rule at this stage.. My only fear now is if I withdraw what's left of my account is what way the big deficit between the transactions in and out will be viewed by the bank, when looking for a mortgage..
    The theory was simple take advantage of market going down with the spread bet account, close it and put profits into pension fund or etf etc by end of the year..
    I was too slow though and missed the big dip and now I've been betting really without any idea what I'm at.

It won't be looked on favourably by the bank...you really shouldn't be doing it if the bank will be looking at your accounts for a mortgage in the short term.

My advice - take out whatever is left in your spread betting account before you lose the rest of it. Then have some clean accounts to show your bank in 6 months time when this virus stuff blows over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Was that capitulation today in the oil market?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dave elle

Has anybody considered buying oil on the TSX?

CAD is tied to the price of oil therefore has tanked also, when (if) things return to normal the CAD will increase vs the euro therefore increase value of your initial investment.
    Some companies worth looking at:
    PXT is a small oil company operating in columbia, no long term debt (hopefully wont fold) and sell brent crude (better price vs WTI)
    ENB midstream (tanks and pipeline) operating in us and canada, wide moat, 8% dividend, supposedly finanicially okay, currency think might not apply to a US/Canadian company
    SU warren buffett has shares but its oilsands which means lower margins, big company, something like an 8% dividend

Personally oilsands margins being so tight puts me off, but i have shares in PXT, ENB and PTI (small refinery), prob will add to enb again once it stops falling.

To quantify the currency swing, before this eur/cad = 1.44 and is now 1.54, it would take a 6.5% change to get back to 1.44.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

My advice - take out whatever is left in your spread betting account before you lose the rest of it. Then have some clean accounts to show your bank in 6 months time when this virus stuff blows over.

Take this advice.
    Banks dont want to see anything risky on Average Joe. If you are asked about it and the word 'betting' is mentioned. They'll strongly dislike your application.

Its different if you make your money this way and are showing business accounts. It's very normal then. Thats pretty rare though. Definitely dont show the account your mortgage bank is going to look at with anything remotely considered gambling (or transactions related to undisclosed pregnancy)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was that capitulation today in the oil market?

The last few weeks has been very heavily propped up by the FAANG stocks, plus one or two others like Microsoft. They've recovered about 30% while the rest of the S&P has only recovered about 10%. Today the FAANG/Microsoft fell about 5% (along with a load of others like Slack/Spotify).

It showed the huge recovery isn't a general S&P recovery, just a few stocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Heineken profit down 30% in Q1, Q2 "will be worse", they say themselves.
    Currently ~€76.50, hit a 3year low of €70.78 in March.

On the watchlist for the rest of the year.

Advertisement