Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of Mod/admin would you be?

Options

Comments

Report early, report often

You must conform and have the “correct” opinions on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Habits, people come back in certain topics or forums. And the views they discuss. Tend to be markers. Along with their style of language.

And they come straight in with commentary about the thread, or other posters which indicates strong recent experience, while their post count is under 10.

Re-reging isn't illegal in certain circumstances I expect, having more than one account at same time is and I presume if you've been perma-banned then it also is

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

It'd depend what forum I'm moderating. Some look pretty straightforward. I don't think I'd be much good on AH. Too laid back and not on it enough to monitor it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Feisar wrote: »
    How do people know rereges?
    And that's why you're not a mod:p
    I'd be a great mod in forums that had no visitors.
    :D
    As a matter if interest, how does someone even become a Mod on boards?

See above;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’d say you’d get awful tired of making that lame coke and hookers “joke” over, and over, and over, and over, again.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I was a mod on the MMA, Martial Arts, Dublin City and the Military Forum and honestly I hated it.

No way I'd do it again and that's mostly down to feeling the admin and Cmods did not having my back.

I was asked to moderator on AH a few years back, not a chance in hell. There's not enough hours in the day to moderate here and have a life away from AH.

So what kind of Mod would I be?.. A very reluctant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Probably one that forgets they are one, doesn't log in for weeks at a time and a quickly gets removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I was a mod on the MMA, Martial Arts, Dublin City and the Military Forum and honestly I hated it.

No way I'd do it again and that's mostly down to feeling the admin and Cmods did not having my back.

I was asked to moderator on AH a few years back, not a chance in hell. There's not enough hours in the day to moderate here and have a life away from AH.

So what kind of Mod would I be?.. A very reluctant one.

Ah is great. Keeps things spicy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

One that would communicate through gifs only

giphy.gif

I vote retro for Mod! :D
    I love gifs, the more the merrier.

id be quick to ban anyone unable to differentiate between disagreement with ideals from ad-hom

posters claiming that their opinions needed a special platform or protection because of a personal characteristic of theirs would unfortunately find me unsympathetic.

posters that post encyclopedic tracts of links and text without ever actually responding to any points made would be bounced out of the thread every time

direct abuse a no no, but i think id be quicker than the policy tends to be here to identify the starting poster and hit them hardest.

otherwise, light touch until needed, hammer as soon as i had cause.

much love to the mods, who have an awful job with us lot here tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I would be the Mod who logs on late at night when all the trolls, shills and arßeholes have already been banned.

I'd be moderating myself as nobody would be posting.

BuboBubo, flies in and does nowt. But still expects coke and hookers (male).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'd be a grade-A c*nt. So, no real difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I would probably be an anomaly, seeing as I have had the pleasure of satisfying a woman in bed.

id be quick to ban anyone unable to differentiate between disagreement with ideals from ad-hom

posters claiming that their opinions needed a special platform or protection because of a personal characteristic of theirs would unfortunately find me unsympathetic.

posters that post encyclopedic tracts of links and text without ever actually responding to any points made would be bounced out of the thread every time

direct abuse a no no, but i think id be quicker than the policy tends to be here to identify the starting poster and hit them hardest.

otherwise, light touch until needed, hammer as soon as i had cause.

much love to the mods, who have an awful job with us lot here tbf
    Snore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I would probably be an anomaly, seeing as I have had the pleasure of satisfying a woman in bed.

Snore.

Hey hey, no sex jokes this is a catlick country, red card for you!

So anyway Boards, can I have a Mod job? How much does it pay? When do I start? Can I have a desk at a window? When's break?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Feisar wrote: »
    How do people know rereges?

IP address and posting style would be my guess. I did moderator / admin for another site, tiny in comparison to boards and a more relaxed say, set of rules but regregs would be fairly instantly recognized. You can change your signup details... username, email, location, avatar all you want but if somebody reregs they’ll have the same interests, same way of expressing themselves, same tendencies to go off on one when a certain button or buttons are pushed.

So it's true that the dolls are getting more life like then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Useless.

I'd just alternate between letting people run amok or arbitrarily picking on people that irritate me. Plus I'm not that good at those flirt/what did you have for dinner/hunzo chats although I do try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

mike_ie wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you haven't thought that one thorough....

I'd be the type of mod that would know when a poster is just being silly. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hamlet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yellow card -

tenor.gif

Red card -

tenor.gif?itemid=14649107

Banned-

giphy-2.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=13496068

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Reserved for Admins.

Site Ban

ef8.gif

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How about I mod everyone who has posted in this thread and see if the site lasts longer than the virus? I could see an exponential growth in bannings with a flattening of that curve after a week or so, last man/woman standing in another month or so get's a free Covid-19 test

The sad thing is that I’m not sure if you’re serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

There are some number of posters I'd ban from posting from 19:00Hrs to 06:00Hrs weekends and bankholidays :P

( might or might not be some Mods included in that motley group :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wouldn't be a mod, not that it is something I would ever have to consider anyway. Too much hassle...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Beasty wrote: »
    How about I mod everyone who has posted in this thread and see if the site lasts longer than the virus? I could see an exponential growth in bannings with a flattening of that curve after a week or so, last man/woman standing in another month or so get's a free Covid-19 test

You’ll have to paddle your own canoe if it goes tits up I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd be like Hitler or one of them mad fellas

Snore.

well

they do say to try everything once

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Snore.

What makes you think she was satisfied???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I'd like to be a mod in the Chicken Curry with Fried Rice and Chips Forum. Because I'd know what I was talking about. So I'd be a good fair mod in that :o

Advertisement