Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Forum Lockdown thread - Stay At Home And Watch Lots Of Telly

• 29-03-2020 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

An emergency thread for all the schedule changes caused by the virus and the lockdown

A place for what are you watching? and have you seen anything interesting added to the schedules? with a bit of chat

Nothing too heavy, a bit like the Christmas TV thread.

Extras double bill on BBC1 now, followed by Old School.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is it too late to bitch about Mrs Brown's Boys?

The MOTD best ever strikers yoke was good. I just wanted to text Gary, Ian & Alan and tell them I miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The MOTD best ever strikers yoke was good. I just wanted to text Gary, Ian & Alan and tell them I miss them.

Aaah, that's nice

Apparently this would have been an international break weekend, so in a way there is more MOTD this weekend than there would have been.

Nice to see the BBC are using some classic clips from shows like Alan Partridge and The Thick Of It between shows, to tell people to stay at home.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/bbc-recruits-alan-partridge-miranda-stay-home-films/1678450

https://twitter.com/BBC/status/1243523414838718472

Oooh, if anyone hasn't watched The Thick Of It, get right on it.

Only watched it recently, best thing I've seen in years.

Malcolm Tucker is the greatest anti hero since Darth Bleedin Vader.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

With the mentioning of Alan Partridge above, I remember he had a photo of Michael Schumacher driving a Benetton in his mobile home :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just the usual Supernatural, NCIS, Better Call Saul. Don't have much of an appetite for Netflix binges. So many shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anything with Reeves And Mortimer :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5827140

Anything with Reeves And Mortimer :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5827140

Especially Athletico Mince, the podcast. (Bob & Andy Dawson).

Peter Beardsley's wife is the funniest character in the world today.

Especially Athletico Mince, the podcast. (Bob & Andy Dawson).

Peter Beardsley's wife is the funniest character in the world today.

Saw your post about the ‘Nothing Is Real’ podcast, Donie!

May I also recommend what is widely regarded as the best podcast for all things moptoppery called ‘I Am The Eggpod’. :)

Saw your post about the ‘Nothing Is Real’ podcast, Donie!

May I also recommend what is widely regarded as the best podcast for all things moptoppery called ‘I Am The Eggpod’. :)

Excellent. Will give it a go.

Thanks WMM!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,829 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sky Comedy is airing Parks & Rec and also The Mindy Project both worthy of rewatches

• Advertisement

BBC1 has some old favourites lined up for Saturdays, starting on April 4th with

8.15pm Gavin and Stacey (Series 1 Ep 1)
    8.45pm Outnumbered (Series 4 Ep 1)

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a31911977/gavin-and-stacey-return-bbc-coronavirus/

They will also be showing Peter Kay's Car Share at some point, and "The BBC will also deliver a range of virtual events to replace some of those that have now had to be cancelled. We can all still have a Eurovision moment, even if it is different from the past"

Dunno what that is, maybe they will show old Eurovision winners in a big evening and ask the viewers to vote on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

Goodnight Sweetheart is being repeated from the start on Forces TV.

Starts on Thursday (Apr 2nd) at 10am (3 episodes) repeated later at 7.05pm and continues daily.

Robins Nest is also being repeated from the start on Forces TV.

Starts this Saturday at 10am (2 episodes) and repeated at 4.30pm and 8pm. Continues on Sunday (check times) and then the following weekend.

Van der Valk is being repeated by Talking Pictures starting on Friday 10th April at 9pm and continues weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just remembered that Facebook have all the episodes of their Limetown show up for free. It was one season which had an opening at the end for a second but they've since cancelled the show.

Episode links below.
    The latest Podcast turned into the TV series.
    Starring Jessica Biel, Stanley Tucci & Marlee Matlin
    Limetown follows "Lia Haddock, a journalist for American Public Radio (APR), as she unravels the mystery behind the disappearance of over 300 people at a neuroscience research facility in Tennessee

Slydice wrote: »

I think RTE are going start re showing Love/Hate soon

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think RTE are going start re showing Love/Hate soon

It would be great to show it weeknights back to back over a few weeks, stick it on RTE2 at 10pm.

The 1985 film Cocoon is on Film4 on Sunday at 4.25pm

Hopefully it has some useful information for our elderly relatives and neighbours at this difficult time. Let's have a look ...

"The elderly residents of a retirement home treat themselves to an occasional dip in the pool at an abandoned house. It turns out that friendly aliens in human form are using the place to restore dormant members of their species - and energy from their cocoons is giving the old-timers a new lease of life."

:eek::pac:

RTE starting a new twice weekly show tonight at 7pm

Ireland On Call
    RTE1's new live television show presented by Katie Hannon and Brendan Courtney will guide viewers through the coronavirus crisis. From interviews with the experts to the first hand experiences of frontline workers, to those providing essential services the programme will showcase the combined national effort to get us through this unprecedented time.

Ireland on Call will broadcast on RTÉ One on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7pm.

Edit: Apparently it started last Thursday

There seems to be a channel called Sony Channel.

+1 right now is the best thing ever...that Irish Murder She Wrote.

And tomorrow is...I'm not making this up...Murder She Monday.

All Jessica Fletcher, all day.

"That's why he wrote it in Gaelic. It was Eamon's way of making sure you got your share of the treasure!"

Also on TG4 daily at 1pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A Killing In Cork :eek:

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    A Killing In Cork :eek:

Nay! The Celtic Riddle!

I've just been informed that there are 2 Irish episodes of this!

I want the Virgin Media channels to air some other show repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

Bachelors Walk starts next Monday at 10.10pm on RTE 2.

I haven't seen this since it first aired.

Did you know that Don Wycherley's father was called Florence Wycherley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

The ad on RTE says that Batchelors Walk box set is available now on RTE Player. Anyone manage to find it cos I can't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

jos28 wrote: »
    The ad on RTE says that Batchelors Walk box set is available now on RTE Player. Anyone manage to find it cos I can't :confused:

It's on the app on my phone. Great shiw

jos28 wrote: »

Try this link https://www.rte.ie/player/series/bachelors-walk/SI0000004222?epguid=IP7333

I think I'm getting a bit fed up watching telly. Even though I've watched flip all today. Bit of news, bit of Jurassic World.

Bit more news.

That's it.

Think I spent more time outside with the dogs (inside 2km!) than I did watching telly today.

Just feels like I've watched way too much of it lately.

Anybody else finding themselves strangely addicted to a TV series called ‘Botched’? :o

One episode caught my eye (ahem), as it had an Irish woman called Ava Van Rose who claimed to be ‘Ireland’s Top Model’ :confused::confused:

No, me neither. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So that's where Right Said Fred went.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement