Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I have had symptoms now for over a week. I was reluctant to speak to my GP as I didn’t want to put others out who may need a test more than me (I am 30 years old,) however, despite resting, isolating and doing as instructed my symptoms got dramatically worse.

I got the email today with confirmation of time, date and location of test.

Little nervous about, has anyone had it done and if so what should I expect? Do I need to bring anything with me?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

I’ll tell ye who’s another unsung hero who got no mention in any of this is the truckers.
    Men and women working flat out to keep shelves full and deliveries rolling inspite of all the selfish,self entitled gombeens who are in the shops stripping them same shelves.
    Fair play to the truckers.with the tacho restriction lifted they are working around the clock and we would have nothing without them.
    And when it’s all over they will be back racing the clock and trying to obey the tachos while being harassed and fined.
    Cheers and thanks to the truckers

thats their job they get paid for it why dont we do a hats off to the postmen or bus driver while your at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

keynes wrote: »
    Sure. Common sense has trumped "expert advice" at every juncture of this crisis
    Sure, sure. If common sense really could have fixed this we'd be out in the sun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭keynes

Fact is we don’t know because we have no restrictions on anybody entering the state whether they be holiday makers, ex pats visiting their family or randomers on weekend away.

Failte Ireland, Airbnb or ferry companies have no responsibility to turn anyone away. That’s the issue

The issue is, they have every incentive to let them come in. This issue will become increasingly urgent as restrictions are "relaxed" over the summer. Defeats purpose of any lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I live in the city centre and I'm calling bullshít. The odd time I have been out it is a lot quieter than normal. There are still people about but it is quiet.

I live in the city centre and I'm seeing the opposite. It's obviously quieter than normal but still groups/families/couples out and about who couldn't care less.

keynes wrote: »
    The issue is, they have every incentive to let them come in. This issue will become increasingly urgent as restrictions are "relaxed" over the summer. Defeats purpose of any lockdown
    There is no restriction on people coming through ports and airports, nor will there be. 14 days self-isolation applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'm so glad that noted infectious diseases expert Conor McGregor is speaking truth to power. In a time when clear heads are needed, who better to rally the masses than a man who gets concussions as his day job?

His tweet has some merit.

Worryingly, watching is actions over the past year, I have a real feeling he is going to try make an entrance into Irish politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

theballz wrote: »
    I have had symptoms now for over a week. I was reluctant to speak to my GP as I didn’t want to put others out who may need a test more than me (I am 30 years old,) however, despite resting, isolating and doing as instructed my symptoms got dramatically worse.

Little nervous about, has anyone had it done and if so what should I expect? Do I need to bring anything with me?

Thank you

It's not the patient that needs the test - your symptoms will dictate what treatment you get, regardless of what is causing them. The testing is for public health reasons, to track people you have been in contact with, to figure out where the virus is etc.

If you have the relevant symptoms - call your GP. They will decide if you need to get tested... don't be worried about someone else needing a test more than you. For everyone else's sake , anyone who should be tested, needs to be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

if you look at the edcd numbers inc which include germanys numbers then here is todays. The green is the one we get from the HSE press release
    Big jump today tonight!
    abvQHnO.png

• Advertisement

sterz wrote: »
    I live in the city centre and I'm seeing the opposite. It's obviously quieter than normal but still groups/families/couples out and about who couldn't care less.

I think the occurrence of this type of behaviour is directly proportional to a poster's sense of outrage about people being out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

RasTa wrote: »

''The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25, were refused permission to enter France and ordered by police to fly back to the UK''
    '' several nationalities including Croatian, German, French, Romanian and Ukrainian''
    ''“They tried to make use of their connections and made a few phone calls, as to continue their joureny” the source said.''

Probably high flyers, Epstein wannabes , leave the wife and kids at home, telling them they have ''business trip'', and then fly some girls, young enough to be their kids to Villas in France.

Glad they got some publicity . Should be named, just for their stupidity, sometimes what'd legal is not morally correct

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    His tweet has some merit.

Worryingly, watching is actions over the past year, I have a real feeling he is going to try make an entrance into Irish politics.
    Nah, more money in whiskey and bad fashion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I was reluctant to speak to my GP as I didn’t want to put others out who may need a test more than me

It's completely understandable but a really concerning reality that we have people feeling guilty to ask for a test. :(

I hope the test goes well for you and the symptoms subside quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Yawn.

Anything to say about the content of his Tweet?

It's been said many times on this thread already. The story has been debunked repeatedly.

FYI- Conor McGregor doesn't need you to rescue him, and he will never notice you and he will never marry you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Are we expecting a Leo speech today?
    What time?

EDIT 4PM speech

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I'm reading another forum with people saying they have had corona like symptoms for over a month. They feel OK for now but even going back to work leads into a bout of exhaustion. It's an English forum. They haven't been tested but they think it is corona.

That's not right. Exhaustion a month after symptoms appear.

They will be many employers up and down the country dying of heart attacks in their beds with the idea of allowing staff of sick for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Thank you
    there is a thread on boards for people re being or have been tested you might find more advice there. goodluck wishing you a speedy recovery for your health

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Sawduck wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's safe to get take away food since a few are still open
    Guess so :)

as safe as purchasing food in the supermarket. possibly safer given that it is hot and cooked.

But still you need to bring home, wash hands before entering, empty food onto plate, get rid of packaging, wash hands, eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Downlinz wrote: »
    It's completely understandable but a really concerning reality that we have people feeling guilty to ask for a test. :(

I hope the test goes well for you and the symptoms subside quickly.

No one needs a test more than anyone else... it doesn't cure anyone. It is however vital in tracking the disease as it triggers the contact tracing process. If you can't breathe either through corona or some other condition, you will be treated and having a test will not influence how.

It is repeated at the press conferences every .... single... night - tests are not done for the individual patient, they are done for the public health reasons - to stop it spreading to everyone else, by starting the contract tracing process.

This has been around for a good bit. Nobody knows but lots of speculation as to why. Sample mentioned in this is small too.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076989/coronavirus-10pc-recovered-patients-test-positive-later-say

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Does anyone know is this going to be on RTÉ news now or RTÉ ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think the occurrence of this type of behaviour is directly proportional to a poster's sense of outrage about people being out.

It's hardly unreasonable to imagine that people ignoring the advice during a pandemic would annoy some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Shn99 wrote: »

I read that in a George Lee voice.

Damn it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is this going to be on RTÉ news now or RTÉ ?
    Thanks

Both I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Lots of possibilities I suppose. The virus could have mutated into multiple strains and those people may have been infected by different strains, it could also have HIV like properties where the virus can only be held back by the body rather than destroyed which would be a real grim scenario for humanity.

Hopefully it's just botched testing where those patients turned up with a flu or other condition the first time and were incorrectly diagnosed.

sterz wrote: »
    It's hardly unreasonable to imagine that people ignoring the advice during a pandemic would annoy some.
    Sure but there's annoyance and a form of psychosis that has afflicted some. I think people are largely observing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

spookwoman wrote: »
    if you look at the edcd numbers inc which include germanys numbers then here is todays. The green is the one we get from the HSE press release
    Big jump today tonight!
    abvQHnO.png

ECDC numbers are collected in the morning time each day. Our released ones are from 1pm to 1pm so theres always going to be a difference in numbers.

Soon see what comes out today.

Oh and the German tests they've previously said would be 2-3 weeks old so most people would have already recovered and if not be in hosptial. So again its ICU and hosptial numbers to watch and has been for a while now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement