Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

I don't like the culture of
    Irish, Jewish or Black and Brown people

I'm tired of the rudeness, inconsideration
    and ignorance, some countries and cultures
    are riddled with asshöles with little hope of
    ever treating their fellow man with dignity
    or respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

.It's grand for full-time mammy Jacinta from Ballyfermot though. Sure she still has her soaps and Saturday night light entertainment to keep her going.

Oh yeah, the stay at home mammys are well used to the isolation. Piece of cake to them.

Same goes for the unemployed. Well used to not being able to wine and dine in restaurants, holidays abroad, go to festivals etc. They might miss the bookies though but yea, well use to the isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't think that shopping or walking on the streets while observing distancing guidelines pose a credible threat of infection of the novel caronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Women's sport, in the main, just isn't entertaining to watch.

Media outlets are making a concerted effort to cover games now to promote equality, but in doing so should give them the same rigorous analysis, and criticism, that they'd give male sportspeople.

Sports like Camogie and Ladies football shouldn't be playing games in Croke Park, or other GAA stadia, unless they pay full rent like other non GAA events have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

hardybuck wrote: »

Media outlets are making a concerted effort to cover games now to promote equality, but in doing so should give them the same rigorous analysis, and criticism, that they'd give male sportspeople.

Sports like Camogie and Ladies football shouldn't be playing games in Croke Park, or other GAA stadia, unless they pay full rent like other non GAA events have to.

And why is it when a women's game is being covered, its an all-female punditry crew, but they always have to have at least one woman as part of the male sports coverage?

I mean Henry Shefflin is the greatest hurler of my lifetime, but it would be ridiculous to include him on camogie coverage as he simply wouldn't follow the game as much (I presume). So why have some random run-of-the-mill ex-camogie star analysis the hurling championship, when it operates on completely different rules and they wouldn't have the in-game experience of coping with huge crowds/media scrutiny etc.? It's not like they provide a different take other than the usual soundbites (sure lookit....)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

This won't go down well but some of the stories about Owen Hart really show him up to be a dick.

The fact that he took advantage of marks across the country for free accomodation and travel. His brother Smith talked about how Owen used to get a mentally retarded gentleman from Regina, Saskatchewan to drive him and the boys hundreds of miles for free during the WWF Canadian tours in the 90s.

This at a time when Owen was earning 300k a year.

He may have tried to guise it under the cloak of ribbing but I don't find that behaviour to be any way amusing. More like the actions of a lowlife.
    Bit niche.
    99nsr125 wrote: »
    I don't like the culture of
    Irish, Jewish or Black and Brown people

I'm tired of the rudeness, inconsideration
    and ignorance, some countries and cultures
    are riddled with asshöles with little hope of
    ever treating their fellow man with dignity
    or respect.
    Irony of the last bit. What nationality are you?

bonny! wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the stay at home mammys are well used to the isolation. Piece of cake to them.

Same goes for the unemployed. Well used to not being able to wine and dine in restaurants, holidays abroad, go to festivals etc. They might miss the bookies though but yea, well use to the isolation.
    Freeloading unemployed I assume you mean. Lots of unemployed now who don't want to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Raconteuse wrote: »

You do know you can dislike certain cultures of Irish people whilst being Irish ?

I n general I do not like Irish women for example, prefer foreign women who have a better mentality, better view on life, etc in my opinion, and who dont acts like they are entitled, in fact of all the women i dated, and now even my wife, were all non Irish except for one.
    Also the average foreign woman is far better looking than the Irish counterpart in my opinion

Take a look at some of those latina women, eastern europeans etc and look at the fat pint swigging things in this country.

Place holder for someone to cry as any time i point out the negatives or my personal opinion it upsets someone.

Probably because the problem is you. I imagine you're an incredible bully in your day to day life. And fairly sociopathic. "Not even paedos would touch fat kids."

It's only in your head that Irish women are so overwhelmingly unattractive. And fat. And pint drinking? Oh the humanity.

I imagine too that you like women to be very subservient - you regularly express hatred of women. So yes, a nice compliant foreign lady from a culture that subjugates women - makes sense.

Probably because the problem is you. I imagine you're an incredible bully in your day to day life. And fairly sociopathic. "Not even paedos would touch fat kids."

It's only in your head that Irish women are so overwhelmingly unattractive. And fat. And pint drinking? Oh the humanity.

I imagine too that you like women to be very subservient - you regularly express hatred of women. So yes, a nice compliant foreign lady from a culture that subjugates women - makes sense.

I guess as an Irish woman you are offended, so be it, but whether you like it or not foreign women are far more attractive physically to me and their mindset is better, they act less entitled.
    I dont care if you are Irish or not, male or female, that is my opinion,.

You prove my point with your reply by accusing me of hating women, and deluded accusations because your feelings were hurt.
    I suggest you read again the parts where I say "in general". There are always exceptions to the rule, but I cannot help my preference if that means I find foreigners better looking, or am I suppose to prefer Irish women solely based on the nationality ?

I love women, but the reality is the best looking ones for me are the foreign ones, and add in the fact their mentality is better. Nowhere have I ever said I like subservient women, but then why let things like that get in the way of your agenda to make unfounded accusations because it annoys you.

You only have to look at the last few pages of this thread to see how you moans about everyones opinion..
    You come across as bitter and resentful

• Advertisement

by the way, the fact you think foreign women are all subservient shows what a xenophobic person you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I guess as an Irish woman you are offended, so be it, but whether you like it or not foreign women are far more attractive physically to me and their mindset is better, they act less entitled.
    I dont care if you are Irish or not, male or female, that is my opinion,.

You prove my point with your reply by accusing me of hating women, and deluded accusations because your feelings were hurt.
    I suggest you read again the parts where I say "in general". There are always exceptions to the rule, but I cannot help my preference if that means I find foreigners better looking, or am I suppose to prefer Irish women solely based on the nationality ?

I love women, but the reality is the best looking ones for me are the foreign ones, and add in the fact their mentality is better. Nowhere have I ever said I like subservient women, but then why let things like that get in the way of your agenda to make unfounded accusations because it annoys you.

You only have to look at the last few pages of this thread to see how you moans about everyones opinion..
    You come across as bitter and resentful

She may come across that way to you, but all looks yellow to a jaundiced eye, Justin.
    To others, she comes across as articulate and clever.
    It's all about perception isn't it Justin? Maybe Irish women can perceive you more honestly than the foreign ladies. Aithníonn ciaróg, ciaróg eile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

My unpopular opinion is that people who feed trolls are as bad as the trolls themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

hardybuck wrote: »

I've always found women's beach volleyball particularly entertaining. :D

eBay upper management and Amazon upper management have precisely the same level of "concern" for the end customer during the COVID 19 lock down period.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

maudgonner wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is that people who feed trolls are as bad as the trolls themselves.

Trolls wouldn't exist if nobody responded to them.

I guess personal choice or preference is deemed trolling.

how dare a person find a dark latina, or an eastern european girl more attractive than an irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I guess personal choice or preference is deemed trolling.

how dare a person find a dark latina, or an eastern european girl more attractive than an irish one.

Because of how badly you generally come across on here, it's understandable that people will perceive the expression of that particular personal choice as trolling.

I'd say if you grew up surrounded by women from different countries, you'd probably feel the same way about them as you do about Irish women. But that's just my perception, based on the appalling way you conduct yourself on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I've always found women's beach volleyball particularly entertaining. :D
    Are you perhaps and in the nicest possible way a W&nker ;);) ?

Because of how badly you generally come across on here, it's understandable that people will perceive the expression of that particular personal choice as trolling.

I'd say if you grew up surrounded by women from different countries, you'd probably feel the same way about them as you do about Irish women. But that's just my perception, based on the appalling way you conduct yourself on here.

I have been all over Europe and even here in Ireland you can just see the way foreign girls carry themselves different from the irish ones.

I think they are nicer looking, and you can argue all day and night but my preference is that, just like some women prefer tall men, that is their preference,,every one has a preference.

What I find absolutely annoying is the parochial mentality of some Irish people who think because you find other races more attractive, better mentality, less entitled etc is you are trolling.

This "troll" label is dished out by people when they have no intelligent response, and feel aggrieved so its easy to just label people that.

Or that I somehow want a subservient woman, which is the type of nonsense a previous posted spouted based on absolutely nothing but a notion in their mind.

In fact a lot of Irish girls prefer the foreign guys over the Irish men, and that is not only their preference, but its understandable and their right if that is what they want.

Does that make those women trolls if they say foreign men are better looking ?

• Advertisement

Freeloading unemployed I assume you mean. Lots of unemployed now who don't want to be.

You've closed your account but anyway there are all types of freeloaders in a minority in all classes, employed or unemployed.

Laws are put in place for the people but some people get away with corruption.

I was on social welfare once in my life for a short time about 6 months and I had to do a course. A cv type of thing but one class they talked about how people felt about it. I saw a grown man crying in front of strangers who'd been recently let go, a woman who'd been long term unemployed shaking and saying that she just felt inadequate and wasnt sure if she had the confidence to go back to work. Someone talked about a man they knew who was made unemployed and got up every morning and drove out because he didn't want his neighbours to know.

I try not to be too judgemental because you never really know someones circumstances. Yea there is a minority of free loaders but its better that it's there for people who genuinely need it. The anger towards social welfare claimants on here seems disproportionate, in general. Theres a stigma attached and people should be more aware and not so quick to jump to conclusions.

Bit niche.

You know that's always the response as if somehow
    it makes a difference..

I never give up on anybody, it doesn't mean I like them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

You know that's always the response as if somehow
    it makes a difference..

I never give up on anybody, it doesn't mean I like them though

So you just now respond with that after knowing they cancelled their account?What a bitch,IMO.

So you just now respond with that after knowing they cancelled their account?What a bitch,IMO.

Perhaps this is the first I've come back to this thread
    Perhaps they'll view the thread without the need to login
    Perhaps not liking everything and everyone is just normal

Perhaps this is the first I've come back to this thread
    Perhaps they'll view the thread without the need to login

Your still a bitch.They haven't come back to defend themselves. And yet here you are still posting about them.Bitchass.And I'll take what is coming to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I understand this might ruffle some feathers... But just hear me out to the end.

But see all this give claps for HSE workers? It's kinda bollocks. Like these people are putting themselves at risk. Brave people.
    I get that it's a sign of appreciation from people. But if you really want to give thanks give HSE workers a 5 year tax break. Why not a bump in pay to boot.

One I have is, I like Woke Hogan. Sure at times he comes off as a scumbag.But he always seems to hold his own. You have to at least give the man that credit. The conflict between him and Omackeral is epic.

I like Jame Corden

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

One I have is, I like Woke Hogan. Sure at times he comes off as a scumbag.But he always seems to hold his own. You have to at least give the man that credit. The conflict between him and Omackeral is epic.

He used to irritate the hell out of me. Now, I find him hilarious.

• Advertisement

of course it is.
    This notion you must like everyone is the type of horsesh1t spewed by people who want to appear like they are liberal.,

Advertisement