Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

1049 Americans die in a 24hr period from Coronavirus. At the Coronavirus Task Force briefing Trump states:
    Trump wrote:
    Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I’m number one on Facebook. I thought that was very nice, for whatever it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Thought this from the briefing the other night was a bit Ralph Wiggumy!

Explaining why America could not take the approach of doing nothing and just riding it out:
    Trump wrote:
    Now, I don’t think that would have been possible because you would have had people dying all over the place. This would not have been a normal life. How many people have even seen anybody die? You would have seen people dying on airplanes. You would have been seeing people dying in hotel lobbies. You would’ve seen death all over.

So I think, from a practical standpoint, that couldn’t have been carried out too far.

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-15/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,684 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The senior US scientist battling the coronavirus pandemic has been given extra security, as he received threats after contradicting President Donald Trump's dubious interpretations and forecasts over the crisis.

The US Marshals service has confirmed that Anthony Fauci, the widely-respected expert who is the public face of the US government's response to the virus, was granted special security protection.

The 79-year old doctor, the country's foremost expert on infectious disease, has been attacked by conservatives after pushing back against Trump's assertions about the virus.

He disagreed publicly with Mr Trump's plan - now dropped - to ease quarantine restrictions by 14 April, and downplayed Mr Trump's promotion of antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as reliable treatment for the virus.

Trump supporters have strongly attacked Dr Fauci online, accusing him of being an agent of the "deep state" trying to undermine the president.

Would like to say I am surprised, but I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Pretty sure he doesn't believe that, more impersonating how many of responses go.

And the sunvabítch nearly got me too.

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    aka... The Truth!

That's what propaganda has traditionally been called. Truth with a capital T. Or in Russia's case, a capital P.

A lot of people are making a big deal out of his shambolic response to this pandemic that will likely lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths but they are also missing the bigger picture.

According to Trump, he is now number 1 on facebook. Trump has the best words, believe me, so it must be true. Think about it for a moment. Number one on facebook. All this talk of hundreds of thousands getting killed is nothing but a distraction from Trump's status on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

A lot of people are making a big deal out of his shambolic response to this pandemic that will likely lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths but they are also missing the bigger picture.

According to Trump, he is now number 1 on facebook. Trump has the best words, believe me, so it must be true. Think about it for a moment. Number one on facebook. All this talk of hundreds of thousands getting killed is nothing but a distraction from Trump's status on facebook.
    Hundreds of thousands of deaths if the negligent actions to deal with COVID-19 of the Democratic controlled states of New York, California, and New Jersey are followed across the rest of the country, that is.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hundreds of thousands of deaths if the negligent actions to deal with COVID-19 of the Democratic controlled states of New York, California, and New Jersey are followed across the rest of the country, that is.

'The buck stops here' as the sign in president Truman's office said

Are they trying to reopen by Easter Sunday?

Beautiful day.

• Advertisement

Hi there. You sound like a smart man.

Perhaps you can explain these negligent actions and contrast them with the the man who's name parenthesises this thread?

Ah, who am I codding?

If you're unaware of the effects population density have on the intensity of contagion, you might not have the answers after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

Quite true.

Trump is not actually responsible for New York. It's the democratic governor and senators.

Trump is actually third in command in this regard. If you go back just 4 weeks, the democratic politicians and health officials of New York were urging people to still use the tube, still stick to their normal routine and that everything was under control.

Hi there. You sound like a smart man.

Perhaps you can explain these negligent actions and contrast them with the the man who's name parenthesises this thread?

Ah, who am I codding?

If you're unaware of the effects population density have on the intensity of contagion, you might not have the answers after all.
    Let's start with New York City which is responsible for the outbreaks in NY, NJ and western part of CT.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/30/de-blasio-nyc-officials-downplayed-covid-19-threat-after-trump-restricted-travel-to-china-here-are-5-examples/
    https://www.amny.com/editorial/fear-of-coronavirus-not-at-lunar-new-year-parade-in-chinatown/

Must have been a hell of a Chinese New Year celebration, dontcha think?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Quite true.

Trump is not actually responsible for New York. It's the democratic governor and senators.

Trump is actually third in command in this regard. If you go back just 4 weeks, the democratic politicians and health officials of New York were urging people to still use the tube, still stick to their normal routine and that everything was under control.

Who’s in charge of the USA?

Trump's not king. We have a thing called state's rights.

Perhaps Trump should have arrested de Blasio and Pelosi for their actions that most probably contributed highly to the outbreaks in their states (and in NJ coming from NY, but the idiot democrat governor of NJ sat on his laurels and ignored the problem). I’m SUUUURRRREEEE you would have been just dandy with that.

My state of Pennsylvania is probably next to get hardest hit. Our own democrat idiot governor issued an order for most businesses to close and a stay at home and shelter inside order for our citizens. But he allowed congested bus services from NY and NJ to continue as usual. Plus if you are a PA citizen driving without a valid life-sustaining reason for being on the road, or have a letter from an employer that you work for an exempt business, you face a $500 fine for each occurrence. But people from NY and NJ can do what they want within our state. You wouldn’t believe how many cars with NY and NJ licenses I see on the road here... Escaping NY & NJ and bringing COVID-19 into the state.

Perhaps Trump should have arrested de Blasio and Pelosi for their actions that most probably contributed highly to the outbreaks in their states (and in NJ coming from NY, but the idiot democrat governor of NJ sat on his laurels and ignored the problem). I’m SUUUURRRREEEE you would have been just dandy with that.

My state of Pennsylvania is probably next to get hardest hit. Our own democrat idiot governor issued an order for most businesses to close and a stay at home and shelter inside order for our citizens. But he allowed congested bus services from NY and NJ to continue as usual. Plus if you are a PA citizen driving without a valid life-sustaining reason for being on the road, or have a letter from an employer that you work for an exempt business, you face a $500 fine for each occurrence. But people from NY and NJ can do what they want within our state. You wouldn’t believe how many cars with NY and NJ licenses I see on the road here... Escaping NY & NJ and bringing COVID-19 into the state.

Did I ask you?

Did I ask you?
    Then take it in private.

Let's start with New York City which is responsible for the outbreaks in NY, NJ and western part of CT.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/30/de-blasio-nyc-officials-downplayed-covid-19-threat-after-trump-restricted-travel-to-china-here-are-5-examples/
    https://www.amny.com/editorial/fear-of-coronavirus-not-at-lunar-new-year-parade-in-chinatown/

Must have been a hell of a Chinese New Year celebration, dontcha think?

At best, you're suggesting that Trump is as dumb as deBlasio. With regard to the other link, that's from last february, when we were sill going on the p!iss. If I remember correctly, that's around the time when Trump was saying that there'll be 15 cases and that it would go away.

These Trump statements are going to be their own attack-ads.

You're really stretching at this "look, here's a dem who's nearly as stupid as Trump" shtick of yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's what propaganda has traditionally been called. Truth with a capital T. Or in Russia's case, a capital P.

There was no Pravda in Pravda and no Vestna in Vestna.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

As has been explained to you, the US system essentially means states are near autonomous. At the beginning of this, even when Italy was clearly suffering, Democrats were running the show in New York and urging business as usual.

This is why illegal immigration is illegal according to US law, but Democrat states have created sanctuary cities for illegals.

You might recall Democrats criticising Trump for banning Chinese tourists once it was clear there was a major problem in China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

It's a good thing a pandemic level virus has to adhere to states rights when devastating a country. Clearly has nothing to do with the federal government or the President of that country. Next thing Trump apologists will be telling us is the federal government has nothing to do with governing the entire countries response. Like Brexiteers claiming the EU are stealing their fish despite fish not having nationalities...

This is the kind of satire that Monty Python could have written yet we have some eejits on here trying to defend it with a straight face. :rolleyes:

As has been explained to you, the US system essentially means states are near autonomous. At the beginning of this, even when Italy was clearly suffering, Democrats were running the show in New York and urging business as usual.

This is why illegal immigration is illegal according to US law, but Democrat states have created sanctuary cities for illegals.

You might recall Democrats criticising Trump for banning Chinese tourists once it was clear there was a major problem in China.

Just answer the question.
    Who is in charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

If we've learned anything from this epidemic about American politics it's that democrats and republicans alike are nothing more than corporate stooges. Pushing the agenda of consumerism still when we knew how dangerous this was. Few are innocent and many have blood on their hands.

Scientific literature has been warning about something like this for decades and the ineptitude of their preparedness and response amounts to at minimum gross negligence. From Obama decimating the supplies to Trump not replenishing them both administrations are guilty.

Democrats guilting people into attending Chinese new year by calling them racists if they don't and Trump telling people the number of infections are going down are offences that amount to enormous body counts.

The argument that the states have a lot autonomy is correct. How else can states have allowed for Marijuana since it is still a federal crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

rossie1977 wrote: »

I follow Tammy on Twitter for the laughs.
    Not from California, lives there, but is forever complaining about it.

They should all be sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

They are so utterly shameless they will just deny they said it, just like the large Orange man.

It's scary the mass level of stupidity that laps that stuff up over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭weisses

My state of Pennsylvania is probably next to get hardest hit. Our own democrat idiot governor issued an order for most businesses to close and a stay at home and shelter inside order for our citizens.

Maybe you and your loved ones should listen more carefully to Trump and take his advice regarding hydroxychloroquin "What do you have to lose? Take it. I really think they should take it ... try it, if you'd like."

Let me know how you get on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement