Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Prob.that was answered 1000's times but can I use Revolut or Curve?I might give them a go in April

My Revolut wouldn't work but my Curve worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

They don't seem to have a customer service forum on here so I'll ask here - Anyone else having issues getting any 2 factor authentication type text messages. I've sent a few customer support issues and gotten responses saying it'll be resolved soon.But then it isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I have 2fa on Amazon and Microsoft and don't have an issue running it through GOMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They don't seem to have a customer service forum on here so I'll ask here - Anyone else having issues getting any 2 factor authentication type text messages. I've sent a few customer support issues and gotten responses saying it'll be resolved soon.But then it isn't

There's a thread about it...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058029113&pp=200&page=4

TLDR, Gomo should fix it but can't be bothered, Comreg no help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Is 5G still working? Any more 5G reception/speed reports?

I got the Galaxy S20 Ultra last week and have gotten 5G in Clondalkin and in town more than a few times. Speeds are amazing!

How about everyone else?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

groom wrote: »

2 SIMs ported from Vodafone and no issue with receiving 2FA SMS messages. Have got AIB, Revolut and some other one (can't remember now)

Issue could be related to whoever you ported from or lie with eir/GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has anyone somehow got their work VPN working using a GoMo SIM. Mine only works with a 3 SIM card but GoMo it will never connect to VPN, the Three network is diabolical lately but GoMo is very good just can't seem to connect to it for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,466 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Has anyone somehow got their work VPN working using a GoMo SIM. Mine only works with a 3 SIM card but GoMo it will never connect to VPN, the Three network is diabolical lately but GoMo is very good just can't seem to connect to it for work.

Is your three SIM a work provided SIM?
    Can you connect to the internet OK on the GoMo SIM (Silly question but I assume you can)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Depends on what you need, but have you tried connecting to Three on 3G only?

I sometimes find that if 4g is acting up, 3g can give me 8-10 Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Depends on what you need, but have you tried connecting to Three on 3G only?

I sometimes find that if 4g is acting up, 3g can give me 8-10 Mbps.

And yet 3g is only capable of 3 Gbs. Do you mean HSPA+?

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »

3Gbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

HSPA+ is an extension of 3G and is listed as 3G in the settings of most phones. And it's hilarious that you made the mistake of using Gbps instead of Mbps when you were pedantically correcting someone else.

3Gbs?

Sorry typo 3 Mbps is the maximum speed you can get on 3G
    But you can get faster on H+

GarIT wrote: »
    HSPA+ is an extension of 3G and is listed as 3G in the settings of most phones.

Yes an also it shows when you are connected at H+ speeds so there wouldn't be any mistake about which service you are using.
    MY local mast has 3G and 4G but no H+

Sorry typo 3 Mbps is the maximum speed you can get on 3G
    But you can get faster on H+

See the post above yours. I doubt any phone sold in the last four years has the capacity to select , HSUPA, HSDPA or HSPA+ at the discretion of the user.

See the post above yours. I doubt any phone sold in the last four years has the capacity to select , HSUPA, HSDPA or HSPA+ at the discretion of the user.

I just wanted to know if they had somehow managed to get faster speeds from 3G, as I said my mast has no H+

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Kind of Covid-19 related and I apologise for that, but when the sim card is delivered do you need to sign for it or will An Post just pop it in the letter box?

Kind of Covid-19 related and I apologise for that, but when the sim card is delivered do you need to sign for it or will An Post just pop it in the letter box?

No need for signature. It's a very low value item so in the unlikely event it goes missing they will just send you another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

...when the sim card is delivered do you need to sign for it or will An Post just pop it in the letter box?

TLDR...no sig required by recipient

Back in the good ole days of October to February, it varied between post delivery staff, some asked for sig, some didn't but they were probably ticking the box as a quasi delivery confirmation.

Since March An post have said no more physical sig required, postal staff will annotate the delivery slip/handheld device.

As for the envelope and contents...handle with care!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was wondering would Gomo wind up getting 5G. I have spotty coverage where I work, and this might be the incentive I need to change phones. Anyone tried 5G with Gomo around Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

MarkR wrote: »
    I was wondering would Gomo wind up getting 5G. I have spotty coverage where I work, and this might be the incentive I need to change phones. Anyone tried 5G with Gomo around Limerick?

Believe the Eir CEO was quoted saying GoMo wont be getting 5g in the distant future. Any thats gotten is most likely a cross of network bands.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/eir-gomo-5g-huawei-broadband

I know, but there's a post a few back who said he was with Gomo and had been getting 5G on a new phone.

5G may be useful in some dense urban environments but it will probably be a long time before most can take advantage of it. The number of masts they will need because of the short range of 5G will make the roll-out slow.

I know, but there's a post a few back who said he was with Gomo and had been getting 5G on a new phone.

I am 100% getting it with my Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G in Dublin in a few places and speeds are amazing. Should I post a screenshot from Speedtest?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I am 100% getting it with my Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G in Dublin in a few places and speeds are amazing. Should I post a screenshot from Speedtest?

Cheers,
    M

Yes please! I work in UL, and I think they have a 5G mast nearby.

Yes please! I work in UL, and I think they have a 5G mast nearby.

Here you go mate. Top right hand corner you can see the 5G indicator. I am pretty sure that was in town in Spar beside the LUAS stop.

What phone do you have?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnBarry

The network companies are waiting for the uptake of more and more 5G capable handsets to be produced and purchased before rolling out the high tech masks, selected counties around ireland with high population such as Dublin, Galway , Limerick and Cork will be some of the first counties to see a massive availability of 5g services

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Here you go mate. Top right hand corner you can see the 5G indicator. I am pretty sure that was in town in Spar beside the LUAS stop.

What phone do you have?

Cheers,
    M

A bit disappointing for 5g no? I just got 139mbps down and 31.1mbps up on my 4g+ connection (Three)

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A bit disappointing for 5g no? I just got 139mbps down and 31.1mbps up on my 4g+ connection (Three)

Oh WOW! Well for me I was happy out....never ever saw it go over 100mbps on a mobile phone or my wireless BB at home...he he he :P:P:P

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

Oh WOW! Well for me I was happy out....never ever saw it go over 100mbps on a mobile phone or my wireless BB at home...he he he :P:P:P

Cheers,
    M

Vodafone 4G was consistently 130 - 140 Mbps in my area.
    I still switched to GoMo, I don't need that much speed on mobile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement