Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

yeah definitely way better than American Airlines, but you know trump is going to pump in Billions in them and prop them...I'll get in easyjet closer to GBX 500 levels.

Sorry this may sound like a stupid question. I'm knew to this hence. What do you mean by GBX 500 levels. I'm guessing GBX is the currency of the stock. So are you saying you'll get into it once it gets closer to the 500 regions?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry this may sound like a stupid question. I'm knew to this hence. What do you mean by GBX 500 levels. I'm guessing GBX is the currency of the stock. So are you saying you'll get into it once it gets closer to the 500 regions?

GBX is a penny sterling. Stocks prices in the UK are quoted in pence for some reason so when he says 500GBX he means £5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Easyjet already went below £5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

sorry as Almighty said, closer to £ 5 Pounds. I Don't know why they're quoted in pence.

@Madmax, yes they briefly went down below £5, couple of weeks during the sell-off. we might see it touching those levels again today if there's another sell-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

The FED stimulus stock rally impulse seems to be fading away. Doesn't seem to be much good news anymore, all this back-to-normal stuff.

• Advertisement

yep, looks like we'll see a big drop today when the US markets open.

Anyone watching VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

voluntary wrote: »
    The FED stimulus stock rally impulse seems to be fading away. Doesn't seem to be much good news anymore, all this back-to-normal stuff.
    After the record-breaking volatility in March, back to normal days like yesterday wold be good news.

Anyone watching VW?

I am, but I will only buy if/when it drops to €70.

VW deals with German Unions and has huge labor costs even though the production has stopped. VW is burning tons of money every single day now.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    After the record-breaking volatility in March, back to normal days like yesterday wold be good news.

Back to normal - I meant back to the sad pandemic reality => crash market. :cool:

voluntary wrote: »
    I am, but I will only buy if/when it drops to €70.

VW deals with German Unions and has huge labor costs even though the production has stopped. VW is burning tons of money every single day now.

Yeah read that, they're burning nearly 2 billion per week :eek:,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Yeah read that, they're burning nearly 2 billion per week :eek:,

And to think the K Foundation burned 1 million in the 90's and people kicked up a fuss!

We're living in a world of trillion Dollar stimulus's :), however German unions have a very stronghold in Deutschland...so assume VW will have a tough time if the factories continued to be closed.

some of these so called analysts are like chameleons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

We're living in a world of trillion Dollar stimulus's :), however German unions have a very stronghold in Deutschland...so assume VW will have a tough time if the factories continued to be closed.

some of these so called analysts are like chameleons. :)

VW lays off workers - what are the unions going to do, go on strike? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I picked up some disney and ryanair today. I will be hanging onto them long term so not overly worried about volatility the next few months, was generally satisfied to get ryanair sub €9.

Going to hold till early next week before making any more purchases i expect the bad news coming outta the USA the next few days will rattle everything.

My daily drawing attempt :)

The red lines is just proportionally expanded 2018 drop (from between thin vertical lines).

9bp5Zej.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Aim taking off again now up 15%

Anyone any idea what’s happening with Bank of Ireland? Their shares have been consistently declining (prolonged plummet might be a better phrase). Went from 8 to to 1.7 or so over the past two years.

Seems like an incredible situation for a country’s pillar bank at a time of global growth (past few weeks excepted). Surely the CEO there and senior staff must have some questions to answer? Haven’t seen any Q&As from any relevant source to shine some light?

Fitch have just downgraded BOI and AIB
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0401/1127933-fitch-downgrades-outlook-on-boi-and-aib/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

NIRP is gradually killing all the banks. The central banks know this but are trapped now.

Anyone went shopping today?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Plenty of time, no rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭garrettod

Tesla are the new Apple. They will be 1000 dollars eventually. I have no doubt.

I'm hoping that your right and have a modest holding, but I think its also a play thing for some people, not unlike Bitcoin has been.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

garrettod wrote: »
    I'm hoping that your right and have a modest holding, but I think its also a play thing for some people, not unlike Bitcoin has been.

I hope so too. The markets are crying out for a new Steve jobs and musk might just fit that mould

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Horrible jobless numbers again, 6.6 million new claims this week apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Bought some TNK and STNG yesterday, both tanker companies that store oil (and oil storage space is at a premium at the moment).

Not going to touch anything else until this time next month at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭littlevillage

US Futures are holding up surprisingly well. Any one of three things can happen when the markets open ...

Big fall, Big rise ... or thread water. Who knows anymore :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

10 million total unemployed there right now. That is crazy.

10 million total unemployed there right now. That is crazy.

That's just new unemployed in the past 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

US Futures are holding up surprisingly well. Any one of three things can happen when the markets open ...

Big fall, Big rise ... or thread water. Who knows anymore :confused:

This is roughly 3 million more people than the estimates I was seeing beforehand - 3.5m or thereabouts seemed to be the consensus for new claims for this week.

That's just new unemployed in the past 2 weeks

Fúck, you're right. Don't know why I got the impression that the 10m figure included all unemployed and not just new cases in the past 2 weeks.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193280/seasonally-adjusted-monthly-number-of-unemployed-persons-in-the-usa/

Not sure how accurate that data is but it says that in February 2020, 5.79m were unemployed there. So, it has tripled in the space of 2 weeks. That is a scary statistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Do you have any resources you recommend on how to use them. I had a look an degiro but I don't have much of a clue about them so need to do a bit of reading before I experiment.

They explain pretty much all about them on their page.

https://certificates.vontobel.com/SE/EN/Knowledge/Knock_-_Out_Warrants

Up about 50% so far on them.

Advertisement