Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave 3Arena Fri May 8th 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone got a spare Presale code ? Cheers

Sure, pm sent.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I have a spare presale code if someone wants one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Tonnes of seats available for Friday and Saturday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Tonnes of seats available for Friday and Saturday now.

All the hassle of getting tickets the morning they went on sale. Being offered crap seats, giving them up, getting offered different seats, having to take them.

Now 10 days later and the best seats in the place are suddenly available. Thanks for nothing Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Decuc500 wrote: »
    All the hassle of getting tickets the morning they went on sale. Being offered crap seats, giving them up, getting offered different seats, having to take them.

Now 10 days later and the best seats in the place are suddenly available. Thanks for nothing Ticketmaster.

You can upgrade your seats ,ring up Ticketmaster and tell them you want to exchange your seats for better ones .

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Zardoz wrote: »
    You can upgrade your seats ,ring up Ticketmaster and tell them you want to exchange your seats for better ones .

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee

Do you pay the difference?

Do you pay the difference?

Obviously yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

You dont even need to ring. Just buy the better seats, send them both booking numbers and they will cancel and refund the originals less a service charge of around €6 iirc.

You dont even need to ring. Just buy the better seats, send them both booking numbers and they will cancel and refund the originals less a service charge of around €6 iirc.

Thats handy ,I wasnt aware of that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭cannco253

Postponed today, ticketmaster now showing Dec 26 2021 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭cannco253

"We have taken the decision to reschedule the Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds European and UK Tour. While hugely disappointing, this feels the best course of action to keep you all as safe as possible.
    We are working hard to finalise when the rescheduled shows will take place, and will share detailed information with you all as soon as we have it. All existing tickets will remain valid for these rescheduled shows.

Sending love to you all.
    Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds"

cannco253 wrote: »
    Postponed today, ticketmaster now showing Dec 26 2021 ?

Just a holding date on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

From Ticketmaster-
    Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds – 3Arena. Postponed. New date to be announced. Tickets remain valid.

If Ticketmaster cancel people get refunds.
    Rescheduled Events – If your event is rescheduled you will hear from us directly and your tickets will remain valid. More information here.
    I'm guessing they're trying to hold off rescheduling for as long as possible so they can hold onto people's money.

dinneenp wrote: »
    From Ticketmaster-
    Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds – 3Arena. Postponed. New date to be announced. Tickets remain valid.

If Ticketmaster cancel people get refunds.
    Rescheduled Events – If your event is rescheduled you will hear from us directly and your tickets will remain valid. More information here.
    I'm guessing they're trying to hold off rescheduling for as long as possible so they can hold onto people's money.

You can get a refund if it's postponed, even if no date has been announced. They're obliged to. Announcing a new date has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

You can get a refund if it's postponed, even if no date has been announced. They're obliged to. Announcing a new date has nothing to do with it.

Yes, thanks to !Marc, i requested a refund for Nick Cave on March 19th, i got an update on Saturday- saying -> refund process taking longer than usual etc- all understandable of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

fafy wrote: »
    Yes, thanks to !Marc, i requested a refund for Nick Cave on March 19th, i got an update on Saturday- saying -> refund process taking longer than usual etc- all understandable of course.

Money always seems to flow instantly from my account... Never too speedy the other way :)

Did anyone who requested a refund for this, receive the refund ?

I requested a refund on March 19th, still no sign.

Or, is it a case of, they don’t refund until rescheduled date is announced- which this has not been. I understood a refund was available as soon as postponement was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

When I log into my Ticketmaster Acc it does not show it postponed it just show as an upcomong event like normal any updates please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Did anyone who requested a refund for this, receive the refund ?

I requested a refund on March 19th, still no sign.

Or, is it a case of, they don’t refund until rescheduled date is announced- which this has not been. I understood a refund was available as soon as postponement was announced.

There was a fella on the last word last week, from Bonkers.ie
    He said that TM are not legally obliged to issue refunds due to gigs being rescheduled.
    He said they always do so because so few actually get cancelled or rescheduled, but this was at their own discretion.
    This is completely different as everything is cancelled or postponed, so it's a wait and see i'd imagine.

There was a fella on the last word last week, from Bonkers.ie
    He said that TM are not legally obliged to issue refunds due to gigs being rescheduled.
    He said they always do so because so few actually get cancelled or rescheduled, but this was at their own discretion.
    This is completely different as everything is cancelled or postponed, so it's a wait and see i'd imagine.

Wow, thanks for sharing, i wasn’t expecting that.

I have already had refunds for some non TM tickets, there was no issue, i was offered a choice as well, which TM did not advise in the Cave postponement email.

• Advertisement

Wow, thanks for sharing, i wasn’t expecting that.

I have already had refunds for some non TM tickets, there was no issue, i was offered a choice as well, which TM did not advise in the Cave postponement email.

Very shady and realistically it's not in compliance with their terms and conditions which state ;
    Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Notifying them off the bat that you cannot attend the rescheduled date no matter what it is, irrespective of it being announced entitles you to a refund.

Failing that, visa or mastercard chargeback.

I've never had a refund not processed for me upon rescheduling and I'd say its happened 5-6 times including twice in the last two weeks.

I've never had a refund not processed for me upon rescheduling and I'd say its happened 5-6 times including twice in the last two weeks.

Have you or anyone else had a refund for Nick Cave tickets ? . Perhaps this refund, has been delayed, until the new gig dates are confirmed, which hasn’t happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭SteM

Have you or anyone else had a refund for Nick Cave tickets ? . Perhaps this refund, has been delayed, until the new gig dates are confirmed, which hasn’t happened yet.

I haven't been refunded yet either but I didn't apply for a refund as early as you did. I'm almost sure that the date of 26/12 had been given as the rescheduled date but that was obviously just a place holder. That date is not on the site now.

Very shady and realistically it's not in compliance with their terms and conditions which state ;

They are refusing refunds for postponed events in the UK and the US.
    I asked for a refund yesterday on a UK concert moved to later in the year which I can no longer attend and this was the automated reply.
    If you are looking for information about a show that has been rescheduled, we will confirm new dates for those shows as soon as we can. If we have already confirmed a new date, your tickets are valid for that new date so keep hold of them.

If you are looking for a refund but your event is still going ahead as originally planned unfortunately we are unable to process this request. You may be able to sell your tickets via our Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange by logging into your account and clicking the “sell button”.

We hope this answers your query and thank you very much for your patience.

Best wishes,
    Ticketmaster Customer Service

So they are basically ignoring section 11.3 of their purchase policy.

This is the link to the Bonkers.ie guy on Today FM
    https://www.bonkers.ie/media/2020/03/25/today-fm/daragh-cassidy-on-today-fm/934/

Thats always been the case in the US and they are saying refunds for rescheduled events there are at the discretion of the promoter.

Why do they have clause 11.3 in their purchase policy in Ireland and the UK if its not enforceable ??

According to both EU and UK law if a concert is rescheduled to a different date a refund cannot be denied.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/get-a-refund-from-unauthorised-secondary-ticket-sellers
    If an event is rescheduled to another date, your tickets should be valid. If you can't make the rescheduled date, then you're entitled to a full refund.

Ticketmaster are breaking the law denying a refund if the concert is postponed .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The same fella from Bonkers went on to say that he felt that TM would come out in the next few weeks to offer refunds to rescheduled gigs, they're just gonna be swamped for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

At a time when people are losing their jobs and taking paycuts, it's pretty poor form not to announce that refunds will be available at the very least

It looks like the TM approach is, not to refund anything, until the new dates are announced.

Tomorrow, will be two weeks since i sent the refund request, and a few people mentioned its normally refunded in about 5 working days.

I am fine with the delay- given the unique circumstances- so long as, refunds do come once gig is rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

It looks like the TM approach is, not to refund anything, until the new dates are announced.

Tomorrow, will be two weeks since i sent the refund request, and a few people mentioned its normally refunded in about 5 working days.

I am fine with the delay- given the unique circumstances- so long as, refunds do come once gig is rescheduled.

I requested a refund for Elbow about 2 weeks ago. About a week later I got the stock standard email "we are busy and your query is being processed" but nothing since. I'm not bothered about a delay as I'm not stuck for the money but I imagine they are getting absolutely hammered. Their customer service is fcuking woeful even at the best of times so it's not a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

To be fair the least they could and should do is put a message out there explaining the delay and reassuring people that there will be refunds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Took them two weeks to refund one gig - requested 19.03, got money today, still waiting for one more, but they already confirmed refund yesterday.

Advertisement