Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nick Cave 3Arena Fri May 8th 2020

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

fafy wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for sharing, i wasn’t expecting that.

I have already had refunds for some non TM tickets, there was no issue, i was offered a choice as well, which TM did not advise in the Cave postponement email.

Very shady and realistically it's not in compliance with their terms and conditions which state ;
    Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Notifying them off the bat that you cannot attend the rescheduled date no matter what it is, irrespective of it being announced entitles you to a refund.

Failing that, visa or mastercard chargeback.

I've never had a refund not processed for me upon rescheduling and I'd say its happened 5-6 times including twice in the last two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

I've never had a refund not processed for me upon rescheduling and I'd say its happened 5-6 times including twice in the last two weeks.

Have you or anyone else had a refund for Nick Cave tickets ? . Perhaps this refund, has been delayed, until the new gig dates are confirmed, which hasn’t happened yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭SteM

Have you or anyone else had a refund for Nick Cave tickets ? . Perhaps this refund, has been delayed, until the new gig dates are confirmed, which hasn’t happened yet.

I haven't been refunded yet either but I didn't apply for a refund as early as you did. I'm almost sure that the date of 26/12 had been given as the rescheduled date but that was obviously just a place holder. That date is not on the site now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Very shady and realistically it's not in compliance with their terms and conditions which state ;

They are refusing refunds for postponed events in the UK and the US.
    I asked for a refund yesterday on a UK concert moved to later in the year which I can no longer attend and this was the automated reply.
    If you are looking for information about a show that has been rescheduled, we will confirm new dates for those shows as soon as we can. If we have already confirmed a new date, your tickets are valid for that new date so keep hold of them.

If you are looking for a refund but your event is still going ahead as originally planned unfortunately we are unable to process this request. You may be able to sell your tickets via our Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange by logging into your account and clicking the “sell button”.

We hope this answers your query and thank you very much for your patience.

Best wishes,
    Ticketmaster Customer Service

So they are basically ignoring section 11.3 of their purchase policy.

This is the link to the Bonkers.ie guy on Today FM
    https://www.bonkers.ie/media/2020/03/25/today-fm/daragh-cassidy-on-today-fm/934/
    He said that TM are not legally obliged to issue refunds due to gigs being rescheduled.
    He said they always do so because so few actually get cancelled or rescheduled, but this was at their own discretion.

Thats always been the case in the US and they are saying refunds for rescheduled events there are at the discretion of the promoter.

Why do they have clause 11.3 in their purchase policy in Ireland and the UK if its not enforceable ??

According to both EU and UK law if a concert is rescheduled to a different date a refund cannot be denied.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/get-a-refund-from-unauthorised-secondary-ticket-sellers
    If an event is rescheduled to another date, your tickets should be valid. If you can't make the rescheduled date, then you're entitled to a full refund.

Ticketmaster are breaking the law denying a refund if the concert is postponed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The same fella from Bonkers went on to say that he felt that TM would come out in the next few weeks to offer refunds to rescheduled gigs, they're just gonna be swamped for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

At a time when people are losing their jobs and taking paycuts, it's pretty poor form not to announce that refunds will be available at the very least

It looks like the TM approach is, not to refund anything, until the new dates are announced.

Tomorrow, will be two weeks since i sent the refund request, and a few people mentioned its normally refunded in about 5 working days.

I am fine with the delay- given the unique circumstances- so long as, refunds do come once gig is rescheduled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

It looks like the TM approach is, not to refund anything, until the new dates are announced.

Tomorrow, will be two weeks since i sent the refund request, and a few people mentioned its normally refunded in about 5 working days.

I am fine with the delay- given the unique circumstances- so long as, refunds do come once gig is rescheduled.

I requested a refund for Elbow about 2 weeks ago. About a week later I got the stock standard email "we are busy and your query is being processed" but nothing since. I'm not bothered about a delay as I'm not stuck for the money but I imagine they are getting absolutely hammered. Their customer service is fcuking woeful even at the best of times so it's not a surprise.

To be fair the least they could and should do is put a message out there explaining the delay and reassuring people that there will be refunds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

Took them two weeks to refund one gig - requested 19.03, got money today, still waiting for one more, but they already confirmed refund yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I requested a refund for Elbow about 2 weeks ago. About a week later I got the stock standard email "we are busy and your query is being processed" but nothing since. I'm not bothered about a delay as I'm not stuck for the money but I imagine they are getting absolutely hammered. Their customer service is fcuking woeful even at the best of times so it's not a surprise.

I'm the exact same re. Elbow gig, can you update if/when you ever receive the refund please?

Reznorek wrote: »
    Took them two weeks to refund one gig - requested 19.03, got money today, still waiting for one more, but they already confirmed refund yesterday.

Which gig, was the one you refund requested on March 19th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

Which gig, was the one you refund requested on March 19th ?

God Is an Astronaut. Second one, requested same day but still waiting for money is Napalm Death.

Reznorek wrote: »
    God Is an Astronaut, second one requested same day but still waiting for money is Napalm Death.

The GIAA gig has been rescheduled toAugust, so looks like once e new date is announced, the refunds commence.

The Nick Cave tour has not yet announced the rescheduled dates, but should be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I guess the longer they keep your money the better for them

• Advertisement

It's been two weeks since I applied. I'm going to agree with you here on the reason.

I have tickets for GNR and Sunstroke too. I'd imagine there's a lot going on behind the scenes to reschedule these gigs for later this year/next year too.

Friday, 8 May 2020 – rescheduled to Friday, 23 April 2021

Saturday, 9 May 2020 – rescheduled to Saturday, 24 April 2021

SteM wrote: »
    Friday, 8 May 2020 – rescheduled to Friday, 23 April 2021

Saturday, 9 May 2020 – rescheduled to Saturday, 24 April 2021

Just got a TM email follow up to my ticket refund request from March 19th, to say refund has been processed, and can take 5 to 7 working days to appear in my account.

So looks like, there is no issue with refunds- so long as, a rescheduled date has been finalised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

I got the same. About 20 minutes after submitting the request. I know we are always very critical of Ticketmaster but credit where it is due.

horslips wrote: »
    I got the same. About 20 minutes after submitting the request. I know we are always very critical of Ticketmaster but credit where it is due.

Agreed. It must be a bit of a logistical nightmare alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

At least we can expect NC to get better with age and not worse like some who may be wheeled out with their zimmerframes by the time their concerts are rescheduled or whose boy band days might be eclipsed by the time 2021 comes around! Hanging form to my tickets and hoping I’ll we’ll able to go when the new date rolls around and won’t be left with a +1.

Just received a refund for this

I submitted a refund request on March 19 and am still waiting to hear anything back. I replied to their stock response to ask for an update only to be told my support ticket has been closed. Submitted a request again and have heard nothing.

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    I submitted a refund request on March 19 and am still waiting to hear anything back. I replied to their stock response to ask for an update only to be told my support ticket has been closed. Submitted a request again and have heard nothing.

I got the “refund has been processed” reply to the refund request first, and 3 days later, it was credited to my account

Just received a refund for this

Actually, it was a “pending transaction”, and has now dissapeared. The comment on the credit, was “Unauthorised Credit”, so its back to TM again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just got a refund confirmation (that I will get one) for Elbow. I had put through the initial request mid march and did a follow on early last week.

Just got a refund confirmation (that I will get one) for Elbow. I had put through the initial request mid march and did a follow on early last week.

My Elbow refund went on the card yesterday. No word back on the Nick Cave refund yet.

Actually, it was a “pending transaction”, and has now dissapeared. The comment on the credit, was “Unauthorised Credit”, so its back to TM again.

My bank advised- this is Just a timing issue with Friday & Monday being non bank working days, will appear tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

How did you go about getting refund? I cant find anything? all help appreciated

How did you go about getting refund? I cant find anything? all help appreciated

You need to request a refund, if the rescheduled date does not suit you:
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

• Advertisement

I just got the message to say I'll have my refund in 5-7 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I got my refund from TM for the Twilight Sad in Glasgow in about a week after applying for it.

They've been shockingly great for TM!

It's just sheer volume that's delaying people at the minute.

My refund came through today (back on to my cc).

I love Nick Cave but I'm going to wait to see how everything pans out with concerts in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

My refund came through today (back on to my cc).

I love Nick Cave but I'm going to wait to see how everything pans out with concerts in general.

How long from when you submitted the request? 31st March I filled out the refund request form.
    Do ticketmaster keep their fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

In my case, I contacted them (using the form) on the 8th and the refund was made on the 14th.

dinneenp wrote: »
    How long from when you submitted the request? 31st March I filled out the refund request form.
    Do ticketmaster keep their fees?

Applied for it on 28th March. Complete refund (fees and all).

Interesting article on nme this morning. Not sure how it/if it will apply to us in the ROI : https://www.nme.com/news/music/ticketmaster-are-preparing-to-offer-refunds-for-over-18000-postponed-gigs-2649293

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If you have a Nick Cave shaped hole in your schedule now, this documentary is available for free on the All4 app

512407.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ingalway

If you have a Nick Cave shaped hole in your schedule now, this documentary is available for free on the All4 app

Brilliant, just watched and really enjoyed it. Have been having a Nick Cave revival the last few days as no concert to enjoy so has topped it off very nicely!
    Thanks for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

Have they updated the tickets on ticketmaster website yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Nick Cave concerts cancelled in 3 arena.
    First of many. Just too soon for the vaccine roll out.
    F*ck it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

I missed seeing him play in Kilmainham in 2018 as I broke my ankle a couple of weeks before the gig. Had really been looking forward to seeing this concert, even if it had to be postponed for nearly a year. Fully concur with the "F*ck it anyway" sentiment. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I missed seeing him play in Kilmainham in 2018 as I broke my ankle a couple of weeks before the gig. Had really been looking forward to seeing this concert, even if it had to be postponed for nearly a year. Fully concur with the "F*ck it anyway" sentiment. :(

I missed out on first batch of tickets for Kilmainham and got tickets for Ty Segall instead. Of course more tickets went on sale. Had seen them at most Irish gigs. Alas, not this time around either.

Advertisement