Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Runaways wrote: »
    In the mood to watch a meltdown :)

Pearse Doherty in conversation with David McWilliams :)

I suggest all you FG fanbots watch and Listen if you can.
    This is what coming. But FG will of course be late to the thought and will claim it was their plan all along. And you’ll complain about it now but no doubt applaud it when it comes :)

https://www.facebook.com/sinnfein/videos/645715949307217/?vh=e&d=n

What is most enlightening are the comments.

From crack pots going on about 5G, to the people giving it yarns about FG and of course a bit of homophobic comments about Leo thrown in there as well.
    SF, great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,490 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Of course they can step up -

Thank you for being big enough to admit it.

That is all I was claiming.

The difficulties and logistics I am sure will present challenges and that is not contested by me anywhere here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Ah so it was 'finger clicking' change that was called for now...more lies.

The Pharma Industry just embarrassed the whole contingent of you on here by showing that they can indeed 'step up, and change production' if there is enough of a need.

You're glands ;)
    What was your health spokespersons point in her complaint only that pharma should hurry the fcek up
    You're going on as if what they're doing now is a 'step up' on what they were doing
    You've presented no evidence at all that they weren't or arent doing what they can without any SF moaning

Oh and again,noone here suggested they couldnt adapt
    You can lie about that as much as you like,that lie is easily proven ,you proved it yourself by presenting a post on how difficult changing pharma is,as a post saying they couldnt

Youd make a fascinating psych subject here for the virulence of your unusual stance and that's not invective, I'd actually think you would be

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

By actually acknowledging they exist would be a start. Something FFG haven’t done. At all. Housing crisis alone was an open goal for FF to kill FG with in the election. They didn’t bring it up at all. I wonder why.

So, pick one - the housing crisis? How will SF solve that?

They promised, I believe, to spend €6.5 billion providing 100,000 new public homes on public land.

How are they going to build a house for €65k, even if we assume construction inflation remains at zero, and all are built on land already in public ownership?

And let's be generous and assume that any project comes in 100% over budget - how do you build a home for €130k?

Where, for example, is the labour going to come from to build these homes? Are SF going to recruit a direct labour force or contract the work out to developers and builders? And under either of those models does building homes for €130k sound even remotely achievable?

It may well be do-able but if it is, would you want to live in any home built under that type of programme?

Unbelievable over the top reaction again.

You avoided my question, Francie.

Care to answer it?

• Advertisement

The difficulties and logistics I am sure will present challenges and that is not contested by me anywhere here.

Again
    (Rings psychology dept)
    Where did anyone say they couldnt or wouldn't or aren't already?

markodaly wrote: »
    You avoided my question, Francie.

Care to answer it?

What question?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Again
    (Rings psychology dept)
    Where did anyone say they couldnt or wouldn't or aren't already?

Stop Morte...just stop digging.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-s-pharma-industry-gears-up-to-make-key-ingredient-for-covid-19-testing-1.4218334%3fmode=amp

Alot of egg on some faces here after last night.....surely it was obvious us,having a massive pharma sector,that we should use it to our advantages??

Louise oreilly said it...terrible evil,bad and stupid ill-informed idea,it gets go ahead through government....great idea,fantastic (which it is).....levels of hyprocrisy here is mind-boggling

Amazing to see the double down by some, at least some of them know to leave well enough alone and back away.

Ok, and what in your opinion are the difficulties and logistics issues and how will they be overcome?

Don't stop now - you felt secure enough to say the pharma sector could "step-up" - so how can they step-up (reagent production aside) and what are the constraining factors or barriers stopping them from stepping up and/or taking a bigger step up?

I'm only asking because I work in the medical device area and I'm hoping for some ideas I can pass off as my own :D

Should we swap over (step up) to doing Covid-19 work or just beetle away with what we're doing?

• Advertisement

Amazing to see the double down by some, at least some of them know to leave well enough alone and back away.

It seemed such an obvious proposal to me,i couldnt understand the backlash againest it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Ah so it was 'finger clicking' change that was called for now...more lies.

The Pharma Industry just embarrassed the whole contingent of you on here by showing that they can indeed 'step up, and change production' if there is enough of a need.
    Let’s see about that , so let’s say a tablet manufacturer / syringe manufacturer or any medical device manufacturer- tell me exactly how they will just switch production over to produce a liquid ? How can they just start producing PUW / WFI needed for the process- set up a dispensary then compounding. That’s only if they make it in bulk , then explain how they will get that bulk product out out of the tank and fill it into bottles - ah a fill line which will be another graded area . It’s so easy though . To set up and validate the above is around 4 years . It’s like trump signing off on a order for General Motors to stop making cars and start making ventilators - that’s fine looks like he is calling the shots but in reality how long is it going to be before a company that’s makes cars will be able to successfully make a ventilator then start production on it - the pandemic will be long gone again that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

With your in depth knowledge of epidemiology, pharmaceutical manufacturing, crisis economics and housing, it's a real shame you personally aren't running the country.

How do you pick up all these skills and still manage to spend all day every day on boards.ie?

Must be amazing to have the answers to everything, no matter how complex the issue. We can only stand in admiration general Francie

Was that written by a journalist or a student? He calls Leo Varadkar the 'Prime Minister' rather then the correct term, Taoiseach.

A quick glance at the author's Twitter will reveal a childish, self entitled view of the world.
    Sure, everyone is entitled to have their opinion and in my opinion the article is $hit.

Ok, and what in your opinion are the difficulties and logistics issues and how will they be overcome?

Don't stop now - you felt secure enough to say the pharma sector could "step-up" - so how can they step-up (reagent production aside) and what are the constraining factors or barriers stopping them from stepping up and/or taking a bigger step up?

I'm only asking because I work in the medical device area and I'm hoping for some ideas I can pass off as my own :D

Should we swap over (step up) to doing Covid-19 work or just beetle away with what we're doing?

Sultan...the Pharma industry themselves say they are 'stepping up'. Read the links...listen to SoR at the moment.

Call off the attack dogs lads...this one is a bust. Pharma in Ireland can step up and can switch to making other things.

There are 180 pharma companies in Ireland, not to mention (as said by the guy on SoR all the facilities in colleges) available.
    Lousie O'Reilly was imploring them all to 'step up'.

It's what politicians do every day of the week. Leo Simon etc have been on, non stop imploring various sectors and people to do their bit in this crisis.

A few lads need to calm down here!

Was that written by a journalist or a student? He calls Leo Varadkar the 'Prime Minister' rather then the correct term, Taoiseah.

A quick glance at the author's Twitter will reveal a childish, self entitled view of the world.
    Sure, everyone is entitled to have their opinion and in my opinion the article is $hit.

Tbf if this is true about nama.....it will eventually come back to haunt them,

using a pandemic to coverup reports into highly unethical sale practices,is emm highly unethical

Stop Morte...just stop digging.
    Lol stop deflecting
    You went back a few years findng examples of you using the word invective (mea culpa)
    Perhaps youd actually now just go back a few pages to show us where anyone said pharma couldnt change their processes?
    You after all said it mmm
    I'll wait

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

What is most enlightening are the comments.

From crack pots going on about 5G, to the people giving it yarns about FG and of course a bit of homophobic comments about Leo thrown in there as well.
    SF, great bunch of lads.

The lunatics out there in my own circles trying to connect 5G to this virus and Brian cancer has been something else. I wouldn’t worry about comments sections.
    Dunno if you’d heard but Fg have hired an army of bots to troll comments sections and anyone criticizing FG.
    It’s happening the past week. Wouldn’t have been noticed except the same accounts are all over FGs tweets etc congratulating them on such a great job.
    Cos @MAGA38463846837 really suddenly cares about Simon Harris performance this week.

Let’s see about that , so let’s say a tablet manufacturer / syringe manufacturer or any medical device manufacturer- tell me exactly how they will just switch production over to produce a liquid ? How can they just start producing PUW / WFI needed for the process- set up a dispensary then compounding. That’s only if they make it in bulk , then explain how they will get that bulk product out out of the tank and fill it into bottles - ah a fill line which will be another graded area . It’s so easy though . To set up and validate the above is around 4 years . It’s like trump signing off on a order for General Motors to stop making cars and start making ventilators - that’s fine looks like he is calling the shots but in reality how long is it going to be before a company that’s makes cars will be able to successfully make a ventilator then start production on it - the pandemic will be long gone again that happens.

I never calimed to be an expert Tikka, I did what i always do. I researched what was happening elsewhere.

Companies are 'stepping up' all over the world.

As we seen in the Irish Times link I posted last night, one of ours is awaiting the signing of contracts to 'step up' production of testing kits...they weren't making last year or even a few months ago.

And this AM we see in the same newspaper that another Pharma company is 'switching' to making ingredients they hadn't being making before.

So LoR calling on the rest of the Pharma industries here to 'step up' is not calling for anything that is impossible.

So, pick one - the housing crisis? How will SF solve that?

They promised, I believe, to spend €6.5 billion providing 100,000 new public homes on public land.

How are they going to build a house for €65k, even if we assume construction inflation remains at zero, and all are built on land already in public ownership?

And let's be generous and assume that any project comes in 100% over budget - how do you build a home for €130k?

Where, for example, is the labour going to come from to build these homes? Are SF going to recruit a direct labour force or contract the work out to developers and builders? And under either of those models does building homes for €130k sound even remotely achievable?

It may well be do-able but if it is, would you want to live in any home built under that type of programme?

It’s doable. Here’s a crazy idea. Let’s do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Was that written by a journalist or a student? He calls Leo Varadkar the 'Prime Minister' rather then the correct term, Taoiseah.

Really?

Thanks for making that point.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Dunno if you’d heard but Fg have hired an army of bots to troll comments sections and anyone criticizing FG.
    It’s happening the past week. Wouldn’t have been noticed except the same accounts are all over FGs tweets etc congratulating them on such a great job.
    Cos @MAGA38463846837 really suddenly cares about Simon Harris performance this week.

More conspiracy theories. It's only s hop skip and a jump from the average SF supporter to these more extreme conspiracy nuts.

Even Dyson - a company to be admired in many respects, even if the politics of the man himself are repugnant - struggled with developing their CoVent, and are having to take it through prototyping and assessment - which will take months, even for them with all their background in innovation and "air" handling.

I'd also bet that even they will hit significant potholes on the way and even after it has been deployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It seemed such an obvious proposal to me,i couldnt understand the backlash againest it tbh

You should check with your medical experts, see what they say :P:P

Was that written by a journalist or a student? He calls Leo Varadkar the 'Prime Minister' rather then the correct term, Taoiseach.

Irish central is based in and predominately aimed at Americans of Irish descent and Irish immigrants.
    Adjust your settings and read it through that lens and it’ll make more sense.

How do you know FG hired them?
    Source or GTFO

It’s doable. Here’s a crazy idea. Let’s do it.

"Let's" do it?

You aren't doing anything. You have nothing to contribute. Telling other people to do things you have no understanding of is not helpful.

People more intelligent than you and more qualified than you are trying to manage this crisis.

Ballso wrote: »
    With your in depth knowledge of epidemiology, pharmaceutical manufacturing, crisis economics and housing, it's a real shame you personally aren't running the country.

How do you pick up all these skills and still manage to spend all day every day on boards.ie?

Must be amazing to have the answers to everything, no matter how complex the issue. We can only stand in admiration general Francie

Ballso...ever hear of researching before opening your mouth to protect?

That's exactly what happened here...never occurred to the people who characterised a simple call from a politician as 'mouthing off' to research the topic and see what was actually happening in the sector.

Ballso wrote: »
    More conspiracy theories. It's only s hop skip and a jump from the average SF supporter to these more extreme conspiracy nuts.

There are at least three Irish journalists of note have picked up on it and two planning to investigate it.

But yeah. We’re all imagining it.

Try harder.

• Advertisement

There are at least three Irish journalists of note have picked up on it and two planning to investigate it.

But yeah. We’re all imagining it.

Try harder.

It's been debunked. Your echo chamber won't have picked up on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement