Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

• 21-03-2020 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

Wanted to start a thread with a list of Irish craft breweries selling online so we can support them as much as possible during the crisis- it would be a shame to see any of them close. (Yes I know directly supporting them will impact sales in shops and off licenses but shops have other items to make a profit from so they can stay afloat and those of us in rural places don't always have a local off license to support).

So far I have seen white hag and kingarven selling online but would be interested in seeing what others have found.

Edit - ideally independent which I believe the two above still are

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭raxy

Lineman in Rathcoole. making some great beers.

https://lineman-beer.myshopify.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭randomname2005

raxy wrote: »
    Lineman in Rathcoole. making some great beers.

https://lineman-beer.myshopify.com/

How have I not heard of lineman? Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's a website with more listed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Mescan are

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

I have bought from mescan and whitehag online stores in the past few days. All ready now for any lockdown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Rascals in Inchicore are selling online.

I’ve bought from Wicklow Wolf and 9 White Deer. Going to get a few from Ballykilcavan next time I’m passing that way too.

Hopefully most of them can stay afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

White hag selling online with free delivery and if you order they are giving a 20% discount.

We bought 2 cases the first order and 6 for the next.

6 cases of 24 cans shipped to the door for €288.

€2 for a can of class craft beer.

No brainer.

White hag selling online with free delivery and if you order they are giving a 20% discount.

We bought 2 cases the first order and 6 for the next.

6 cases of 24 cans shipped to the door for €288.

€2 for a can of class craft beer.

No brainer.

How did you get 20% off, don't see it when I go through or is it a code for repeat customers?

I see nearly everything is sold out at White Hag now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dead centre has started a website that sells all the midland brewerie's beers direct from the breweries.
    Beercloud.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

slayerking wrote: »
    Dead centre has started a website that sells all the midland brewerie's beers direct from the breweries.
    Beercloud.ie

https://twitter.com/DeadCentreBrew/status/1245470486919872515

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

White Hag - 60 euro for 24 cans 33cl

3.75 for 50cl, a bit dear???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Haven't really making extra measures as regards Irish craft beer brewers as I'm assuming supermarket and offie trade still doing well? Maybe I'm wrong?

I will be trying to show extra support for my favourite independent pubs by seeing if if I can buy vouchers though.

Haven't really making extra measures as regards Irish craft beer brewers as I'm assuming supermarket and offie trade still doing well? Maybe I'm wrong?

I will be trying to show extra support for my favourite independent pubs by seeing if if I can buy vouchers though.

Both outlet types are probably doing okay, but buying direct from the brewery probably gives them more profit.

Geuze wrote: »
    White Hag - 60 euro for 24 cans 33cl

3.75 for 50cl, a bit dear???

What would you normally pay for craft beer? That is the same price as my local supermarket - 4 cans for 10, but with no middle man taking a cut from them. 500ml bottles of, e.g., Kinnegar are in the 3.50 to 3.99 range, same for Wicklow wolf bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

whiplash have a webshop now

cans of body riddle and rollover or a mixed case at the moment

they do have some doubles and specials in tanks at the moment though and they will be added from next week

the rollover available is pretty good i got a mixed case last week from them. body riddle is good too.

i like having a few lower abv beers around for that afternoon slump between zoom meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 33,372 ✭✭✭✭listermint

whiplash have a webshop now

cans of body riddle and rollover or a mixed case at the moment

they do have some doubles and specials in tanks at the moment though and they will be added from next week

the rollover available is pretty good i got a mixed case last week from them. body riddle is good too.

i like having a few lower abv beers around for that afternoon slump between zoom meetings

They need to sort out the age verification .. DOB isn't a requirement just an awknowledgement of age. The dob I'd to put in twice. Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

give them a break like they are brewers not web designers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wonder what licence they're using for the sale. Don't care enough to not have ordered some though :pac: I can get a basic set of Irish crafts + Brewdog on my food shops but not some more interesting stuff.

My partner ordered two slabs of Rascals before last weekend; has gone through nearly all the Wunderbar already :eek:

Dead Centre have a pub licence which inherently allows off sales; Irish Distillers have multiple pub licences across their visitor centres in Cork and Dublin so I'm guessing that one of those may be where the 8 Degrees store is legally shipping from.

Somewhere with consistent supply of Kinnegar (particularly Rustbucket) and GBB would round off my usuals nicely. Craftcentral don't do Kinnegar bottles, presumably for shelf space reasons.

• Advertisement

A lot only seem able to sell a minimum amount. Ballykilcavan referenced it on their website I think. Not sure how it works though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a level considered wholesale which I can't remember and can't quickly find but I would have thought it was >8l that a slab of 33s would give.

There are people who are vastly more aware of this than me. Paging BeerNut, paging BeerNut.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭raxy

Under the brewery licence they are not allowed sell under 4.5 gallons or no less than a dozen quart (just under 1L) bottles, which would be a minimum of 2 cases. Blacks of Kinsale were reported to revenue for breaking the terms of their licence by selling less.
    I'm not sure if those selling by the case have a different licence or are just ignoring the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bus Boy

Having of glass of White Hag's Brand & Sceolan now, absolutely delicious. Will be stocking up with more tomorrow.

Did an order from Blacks as they have Mosaic back. Hopefully it’s close enough to the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,630 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone like to shed some light on what they thought of the White Hag Puca Range? I've stuck in an order with them but might do a second order to try these.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone like to shed some light on what they thought of the White Hag Puca Range? I've stuck in an order with them but might do a second order to try these.

Love the pink one, not so much the yellow. More of a scorcher weather type drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

raxy wrote: »
    Under the brewery licence they are not allowed sell under 4.5 gallons or no less than a dozen quart (just under 1L) bottles, which would be a minimum of 2 cases. Blacks of Kinsale were reported to revenue for breaking the terms of their licence by selling less.
    I'm not sure if those selling by the case have a different licence or are just ignoring the limit.

Their site now says that all orders are fulfilled by 1601 off license in Kinsale. i'd guess that the above is the reason it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,630 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Love the pink one, not so much the yellow. More of a scorcher weather type drink though.

Might hold off and get a few in the next order so. Just went with the Helles Style Larger this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TitianGerm wrote: »

I really like the lemon one but that's not available at the moment.
    Pink one isn't to my taste - bit on an alcopop, imo.
    The apricot one is nice - if you really like apricot!

Advertisement