Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supporting craft breweries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

How long are craft beers central deliveries taking?

Just ordered a case of the bru beers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

How long are craft beers central deliveries taking?

Just ordered a case of the bru beers there.

Generally next day once you order before their cut off (noon??)

I order in the morning and delivery was due the following day (DPD error prevented this).

Separately, went through my Craft Central haul rather quickly. I had seen Martin's Off License mentioned throughout this thread. Went onto the website... this is dangerous for my bank account!

EDIT: I was looking again at Martin's Off License. A lot of their stock is showing 3-5 days lead time on delivery. Have people had any issues on such orders? Am thinking that delays might mean issues with the order etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Anyone notice that craft beer in off licences online has dwindled a little bit? There must be huge demand at the moment but are they finding it hard to source stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just ordered two mixed cases from Dead Centre via BeerCloud.

With the warm weather approaching, and all that... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Pen Rua wrote: »

I order in the morning and delivery was due the following day (DPD error prevented this).

Separately, went through my Craft Central haul rather quickly. I had seen Martin's Off License mentioned throughout this thread. Went onto the website... this is dangerous for my bank account!

EDIT: I was looking again at Martin's Off License. A lot of their stock is showing 3-5 days lead time on delivery. Have people had any issues on such orders? Am thinking that delays might mean issues with the order etc...

Sheer volume of orders for online shops is delaying deliveries.

• Advertisement

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Sheer volume of orders for online shops is delaying deliveries.

Well, I went for it and put in a hefty order. Should see us through for another while...!

In other news, need to stop splurging so much on beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I didn't see this post.\ Sorry.

Yeah, I ordered last Friday night around 8pm and I had a call at 10am on Saturday that it was going out for delivery and it arrived about 1230 even thought I was expecting it to be Wednesday or si that I would get it.

Turnaround is class.

What did you order?

Well, I went for it and put in a hefty order. Should see us through for another while...!

HA HA HA!

Sure, I only went onto the site to have a look and ended up with 80quids worth!

I’m sneaking deliveries into the house at this stage.

Herself has no issue thus far. sure she was the one who used to stock up the beer cabinet of a Friday from Stephen Street News. Always some lovely surprses there.

Now that the Magic Rock Salty Kisses is back in stock in Martin's again I could well be putting another order in again thuis week.

Also, Siren Broken Dreams stout is a winner if ye like yer stouts sweet and coffee-esque.

Herself has no issue thus far. sure she was the one who used to stock up the beer cabinet of a Friday from Stephen Street News. Always some lovely surprses there.

Now that the Magic Rock Salty Kisses is back in stock in Martin's again I could well be putting another order in again thuis week.

Also, Siren Broken Dreams stout is a winner if ye like yer stouts sweet and coffee-esque.

Broken dreams is gorgeous. Martins have Samuel Smiths oatmeal also which is even nicer.

Mine has no issue so far because I bring in 12 and then bring in the other 12 after.

• Advertisement

Broken dreams is gorgeous. Martins have Samuel Smiths oatmeal also which is even nicer.

Mine has no issue so far because I bring in 12 and then bring in the other 12 after.

I saw that the last day but it was sold out. I'll stick on the list when it's back in.

I didn't see this post.\ Sorry.

Yeah, I ordered last Friday night around 8pm and I had a call at 10am on Saturday that it was going out for delivery and it arrived about 1230 even thought I was expecting it to be Wednesday or si that I would get it.

Turnaround is class.

What did you order?

HA HA HA!

Sure, I only went onto the site to have a look and ended up with 80quids worth!

Hoping my Martin's order has such a turnaround also. We'll see when it arrives. Some of the items noted a lead time of 3-5 days.

Two cans from Wicklow Wolf, a pale ale from Whiplash (have read about them through out this thread) and some other cans. Bulk of order was Belgian beers - especially Trappist ones I haven't been able to get before (Achel, Le Trappe).

I keep herself onboard with beer deliveries by making sure there is equity in the order - one beer for me, one for her...!

We will see how long this order keeps us going. I've not ordered a single stout in my two deliveries thus far. Think I better rectify that...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fastway called me (at half 7!) to tell me one of my boxes of beer (didn't think to ask which one) was in Kerry. I'm not in Kerry.

That'll be Friday before I see that then most likely :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In my experience Fastway are the worst courier company out there. I'd be thankful that at least it's in the right country.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Counter texted to say they were out of Rustbucket and offering an equivalent value swap. It was what I mainly put the order in for, but I'll survive... Does meant it's the Whiplash that's currently holidaying in Kerry!

Martin's rang, they are out of one of the beers I asked for so will replace it. Fingers crossed the order arrives before the weekend... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Who do beerclub deliver with? Was going to order with Craft central but they are out of stock of one beer I wanted. I starting to run low so better get an order in and stocks in off licences for some beers is getting low to.

Would like to order of one of the breweries but would prefer an good selection of beers. I'd favour stronger stouts which selection with some breweries is poor.Like DIPA's and strong ales too. Could get some on beercloud but they deliver with fastway and I haven't had a great experience with them in my area recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

Ryath wrote: »
    Who do beerclub deliver with? Was going to order with Craft central but they are out of stock of one beer I wanted. I starting to run low so better get an order in and stocks in off licences for some beers is getting low to.

Would like to order of one of the breweries but would prefer an good selection of beers. I'd favour stronger stouts which selection with some breweries is poor.Like DIPA's and strong ales too. Could get some on beercloud but they deliver with fastway and I haven't had a great experience with them in my area recently.

You should try Lineman Astral grains if you haven't already. Not my taste but gets great reviews.

I see Blacks have mini kegs for sale.

Any word on delivery times? I ordered before 12 on Tuesday via BeerCloud from Dead Centre, no sign of it. (I appreciate in these current times this pales into insignificance. Just curious)

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Any word on delivery times? I ordered before 12 on Tuesday via BeerCloud from Dead Centre, no sign of it. (I appreciate in these current times this pales into insignificance. Just curious)

Beercloud took the longest for me so far (except for that Whiplash order that went to Kerry...) at three working days.

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Craft Central.ie: Ordered before midday, order was shipped same day and would have been with me the next day had it not been for an error on DPD's side.

Martin's Off License: Ordered Tuesday, shipped Thursday afternoon via Fastway. Checking the online tracking and no scan in Cork just yet. Hoping on arrival today.

Still no scan of my Martin's package in Cork. Resigning myself to a possibility that it won't get to me this side of the weekend.

Unrelated, the house is low on milk and I think Bradley's is genuinely one of the closest shops to us... :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I ordered a mixed case of Mescan last Wednesday and had it on the Friday, I am only 30km from the brewery though. They are using fastaway who I usually find awful for other things, at least he didn't through the box over the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Haven't ordered directly from a brewery, but I have received a delivery of a mixed case of Kinnegar from the Headline Bar in Dublin. Came the next day too. They've a number of different beers available. An option for Dubs if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Clegg wrote: »
    Haven't ordered directly from a brewery, but I have received a delivery of a mixed case of Kinnegar from the Headline Bar in Dublin. Came the next day too. They've a number of different beers available. An option for Dubs if you're interested.

I saw on their website that they now offer nationwide delivery.

On Rascals - I ordered a slab from the back at the start of all this and just cheked again and they've up their prices slightly. Slabs were €50 each with delivery of €7.50, but this has now gone to €52.50 + delivery of €7.50.

I know its only a slight increase but I feel like they've actually been doing so well selling this way and have seen the opportunity to put their prices up which is disappointing in this time.

Also, does anyone know if Rascals are still sold by O'Briens? Was in one yesterday and they didnt have any, but I'm not sure if this is because they're managing to sell all their stock directly or if they're just no longer retailing wtih O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

SozBbz wrote: »
    I saw on their website that they now offer nationwide delivery.

On Rascals - I ordered a slab from the back at the start of all this and just cheked again and they've up their prices slightly. Slabs were €50 each with delivery of €7.50, but this has now gone to €52.50 + delivery of €7.50.

I know its only a slight increase but I feel like they've actually been doing so well selling this way and have seen the opportunity to put their prices up which is disappointing in this time.

Also, does anyone know if Rascals are still sold by O'Briens? Was in one yesterday and they didnt have any, but I'm not sure if this is because they're managing to sell all their stock directly or if they're just no longer retailing wtih O'Briens.

I didn't realise they'd expanded their radius for delivery. They also do food to collect and local delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

raxy wrote: »
    You should try Lineman Astral grains if you haven't already. Not my taste but gets great reviews.

Was looking at their site alright. It was cheaper in Craft central though as it's in their 4 for €12 offer. Some good deals in the 4 for €12 and 4 for €10. Should be sorted for a few weeks now! :)

The missing Whiplash turned up safe and sound (and usefully cold) today.

• Advertisement

Order arrived today at 2:30. Currently enjoying a Sham Maths 6.2% from Dead Centre.

Advertisement