Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

This is an honest question...

If this was 1990 and there was no social media... would corona virus be a mere footnote on Page 11 of a newspaper??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Why are they not closing the f*cking airports? Shut the place down.

Dead right, we don't need any more PPE or other daft essential equipment flown in. Socks wrapped around the faces of our medics is good enough for them and their notions.

Jesus Christ, the stats are readily available as to how it's being passed on, have a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Akrasia wrote: »
    yes, run in a circle

He said brief exercise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Holohan speaks fluently and thinks cogently.

But he's WRONG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

walshb wrote: »
    It's kind of like us trying to catch up on Britain
    :rolleyes:

We are lightyears ahead of them.

The likes of the twats q'ing in Howth for a bag of chips has caused this lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,156 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Nothing about the setting up of temporary hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Hopefully this is enforced and the Gardai are given whatever powers they need to enforce it. Massive fines for people breaking rules would have been nice.

Hope they are given a bunch of 6ft long bamboos to wack your butt if you are bold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Have I got this right...

Two people cannot go for a walk together?
    Even if they live in the same house?

It's about control and not safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

walshb wrote: »
    It's kind of like us trying to catch up on Britain

It’s not. We were well ahead of them for about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Anyone else notice Tony's left side twitching?jaysus if we loose him we are screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is Leo playing against Boris and his restrictions? Will Boris announce a 1km restriction tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,156 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

George Lee says we are at war.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

If this was 1990 and there was no social media... would corona virus be a mere footnote on Page 11 of a newspaper??

You what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I think my cat goes out further than 2km.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

it's actually a really good point.

my mother was telling me about TB back in the day. thousands dying all over the place. it sucked but people got on with stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    What is the point in everyone staying inside for weeks if we are still allowing flights to land from virus hotspots?

Eh they will have no one to meet to give the virus to

• Registered Users Posts: 22,336 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

munster87 wrote: »
    Bring a trundle wheel with you

Every single phone now will track your steps and the distance you have walked (ok, not a nokia 3210)
    But most people would have the cop on to know how far it is to the nearest landmarks around their house

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

An ICU nurse in the Mater hospital who was put on life support after becoming ill caring for covid patients has died today...

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

gmisk wrote: »
    I agree entirely not his biggest fan.
    But he has handled this very well.
    The stress must be immense plus he has Crohns.

My folks are watching this from north and think they are all brilliant compared to info they are getting from politicians up there.

The Irish conferences look far more adult than the clown shows that the British and in particular the US put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

2Km radius is only for exercise and not for other essential needs. Food, Doctor, Medicines etc. I think you can go further for these.

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    walk 2km in one direction, turn around, walk 4km in the other direction, and then walk back, that's an 8 km walk, enough to knacker most dogs (and you're only passing any house twice along the way so the neighbours won't think you're taking the p1ss)

Leo said brief exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Run/jog to the chemist/supermarket.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Don’t know how the airports are staying open makes this 2 weeks pointless if passengers are still coming in. Cargo etc is fine

shocksy wrote: »
    Jesus christ what is peoples obsession with the jogs and runs. They can f*ckin wait.

Not that simple. Exercise might be part of somebody’s routine as advised by a GP, consultant etc for certain conditions (cardiovascular etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭boardise

billyhead wrote: »
    How can they enforce the 2km rule?

They can't but it doesn't matter .
    It's an arbitrary recommendation and a request. Now is the time for the Irish people to show their true calibre. Majority compliance will be a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Google 'Spanish Flu'. That didn't go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

RobertKK wrote: »
    Simon Harris is a man who tries to put out fires, this is just another example.

It is why we had a general election because the government was going to lose a vote of confidence in him.

I dont see the other numpties stepping up to the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

George Lee is a right glimmer of sunshine isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Runways still work when passenger travel is banned.

The UK is riddled and we are wide open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lundstram wrote: »
    He's been excellent since all this started. He's under severe pressure and has aquitted himself very well indeed.

I agree in regard to Simon Harris, this is taking it's toll on him, he is as worried as us all but doing very well in his role

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement