Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nioh 2

• 11-09-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

Confirmed for a Q1 2020 release.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Open beta from the 1st - 10th of November, probably similar to the original.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1173136922975383552

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it coming straight to PC this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Hope they the level and enemy design is better this time around,the re using of enemy types and levels good t old very fast

Coming out on March 13th, open beta is starting on Friday.

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/1189586488469721088

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Friday week!

• Advertisement

I like how due to delays with other games it really has a clear run for March, it should tide me over till Persona 5 Royal and Resident Evil 3 come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Reviews are very positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I liked the first 1 but can't remember why I didn't finish it (maybe another game came out not sure) But yeah reviews look good

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does this have an easy mode or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Git Gud

• Advertisement

Hope they stopped with the ridiculous tracking on some enemy attacks,shame the loot system seems to be a chore to deal with again along with being unrewarding.nevertheless nioh 1 has some of the most fun combat in any video game I have ever played really looking forward to this

It's called kusorigama guardian spirt spam

Do not worry it is a walk in the park compared to Sekiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was very hesitant about having yōkai powers, but seeing as they're not the massive boon in battle I thought they were going to be im a bit happier.

Apparently you can get drops from yokai that allow you to use they're special moves,looks so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Bought this this morning. Looking for something to really sink my teeth into and get super meta about and this is the perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just bought the "pre-order" for it, all downloaded and ready to go for the midnight release to play it for a few hours. I don't work till 11:30am. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

just bought this and its downloading. any starting class or weapons to make this easier. found nioh 1 way too hard but ive finished all the souls games plus bb

Besides the new mechanics from previews I've watched it seems the weapons are the same but with new abilities.try out the chain sickle weapon and get the "reaper" skill in its specific skill tree,works great vs small monsters and for breaking large monsters horns.

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    just bought this and its downloading. any starting class or weapons to make this easier. found nioh 1 way too hard but ive finished all the souls games plus bb

Axe is the easiest. Hits Hard, and has very early skill up to grab the pretty good Spin attack.

• Advertisement

Went with the axe as I wanted to use something which wouldn't be consider a conventiual Samurai weapon. Doesn't seem particularly overpowered, it's lack of range is really hurting it for me compared to to the Odaichi and the Tonfa which has a few leaping moves that cover alot of ground quickly.

The burst counter is a great addition to the game. I'm playing with a brute spirit and being able to interrupt Yokai with a hyperarmour stun is fantastic.

Hve you tried the new weapons?they any use?

Christ, was struggling on the boss at the Forge... and then switched to low stance and it became a cake walk after an hour of trying... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

How ye finding the game? Much different to the first one or more of the same?

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Christ, was struggling on the boss at the Forge... and then switched to low stance and it became a cake walk after an hour of trying... :p

He is the only enemy that gave me trouble so far. Go through by saving the water containers and Demon Mode for when he enrages
    How ye finding the game? Much different to the first one or more of the same?

Its more of the same really. A few mechanic changes here and there but nothing drastic. Enjoying it well enough so far. Nioh 1 didn't wear out its welcome as i dumped it at the first instance it became boring to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

like sekiro. too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im liking it, still have to get used to Ki bursts again.

I've been playing a couple of nights, still messing around and getting the hang of it in the opening area. There's a lot of intricacies to the combat system, that's for sure. First boss seems doable solo, think he will fall to my blade tonight!

How's everyone getting on with this? I'm at the second boss, nearly had him a couple times last night, want to do it solo but was sorely tempted.
    Really liked that second level. Lot's of nooks and crannies to explore. Any idea what the
    Kodama in the caves
    was looking for? Also forgot how tough those
    wall monsters
    are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

sweetie wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on with this? I'm at the second boss, nearly had him a couple times last night, want to do it solo but was sorely tempted.
    Really liked that second level. Lot's of nooks and crannies to explore. Any idea what the
    Kodama in the caves
    was looking for? Also forgot how tough those
    wall monsters
    are!
    I gave them a weapon and they give one back , haven't tried with armour

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Advertisement