Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Test in the morning, and of course today she decides to start leaking diesel...

pKi9nVs.jpg

Handy to have your own car lift Nek

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

More importantly, are the kegs full?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Water John wrote: »
    More importantly, are the kegs full?

Kegs are about half full, but it's be a brave man would drink it...
    They are around the place about 12 years at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Flush twice, don’t e ever look back !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

visatorro wrote: »
    Ordered a cheap clippers online. Did beard yesterday, great job. Went to do hair, did one strip and then wont cut anymore, feckin bastard yoke

My teenage nephew was getting his haircut in a town barber a few months back. A trendy all over clip and long fringe, electricity went at halfway point, so darkness ensued and the Turkish guy told him, come back tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I recently split open an old keg that only had a dribble in it and the smell wasn't great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Jjameson wrote: »
    My teenage nephew was getting his haircut in a town barber a few months back. A trendy all over clip and long fringe, electricity went at halfway point, so darkness ensued and the Turkish guy told him, come back tomorrow!

The local barber and myself would be fairly friendly and we'd often have a good chat before, during and after my monthly trim especially if it was a quiet business day. One day before Xmas I was sitting in the barber chair when in walks a local eligible bachelor. He's the typical 45 year old who still thinks he's 21, shiny shoes, silver necklace/rings, half the shirt unbuttoned ect.

Sadly time and gravity have taken there toll and a beer gut and baldness has set in. However the man in question still takes his appearance very seriously and thinks he God's gift to all thing's female. These types are always loud and he's not in the door until he's asking both the barber and myself "What sort of a cut would make me look sexy?".

I'd be fairly fond of speaking my mind and tbh if I can think it I'll say it. This sometimes causes friction but that's everyone else's problem, thankfully I'm not easily offended. The barber however would be the total opposite, very reserved and without much of a sense of craic. I was therefore all the more amazed when my barber friend comes straight out with "A power cut". I roared laughing and the big baldy prick nearly took the door off the hinges slamming it on the way out.

The local barber and myself would be fairly friendly and we'd often have a good chat before, during and after my monthly trim especially if it was a quiet business day. One day before Xmas I was sitting in the barber chair when in walks a local eligible bachelor. He's the typical 45 year old who still thinks he's 21, shiny shoes, silver necklace/rings, half the shirt unbuttoned ect.

Sadly time and gravity have taken there toll and a beer gut and baldness has set in. However the man in question still takes his appearance very seriously and thinks he God's gift to all thing's female. These types are always loud and he's not in the door until he's asking both the barber and myself "What sort of a cut would make me look sexy?".

I'd be fairly fond of speaking my mind and tbh if I can think it I'll say it. This sometimes causes friction but that's everyone else's problem, thankfully I'm not easily offended. The barber however would be the total opposite, very reserved and without much of a sense of craic. I was therefore all the more amazed when my barber friend comes straight out with "A power cut". I roared laughing and the big baldy prick nearly took the door off the hinges slamming it on the way out.

Post of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Ah jaysus that gave me a great laugh and gladly needed during these times. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Feck yis. Ye made me wake the missus.

• Advertisement

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Feck yis. Ye made me wake the missus.

Jaysus its mad what gives a lad a horn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

i go to a Turkish barber here, he's always quite busy & his o/h is a local girl. there's always a bit of slagging and banter by the waiting clients and he plays along.

For those of us in advancing years and having nearly as much hair on the ears and eyebrows etc, as on the top of the head he uses the meths. flame. (google "fire ear hair removal" if you don't know what I'm on about)

Last time there was this guy about 70 and his wife was with him, & the barber mockingly ran the flame over her lower legs while passing her.

Quick as a flash the husband quipped "if you could do that a bit higher up I would throw you a few bob"

he replied that something could be arranged

for once the lady was silent but took it in good spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Being nosey here. Just wondering are many thinking of taking the 3 month mortgage break off the banks? Dont need to here as a survival tactic but wondering would it be a good opportunity to free up some capital when the banks are playing ball. Might not get the chance again? Interested to hear on peoples thoughts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Reggie. wrote: »
    Being nosey here. Just wondering are many thinking of taking the 3 month mortgage break off the banks? Dont need to here as a survival tactic but wondering would it be a good opportunity to free up some capital when the banks are playing ball. Might not get the chance again? Interested to hear on peoples thoughts on it.

I don't have a mortgage now but if I did I would keep paying in fear of any pain down the line seems as it would be my own house. Business loan or second mortgage not tied to home I would leave for as long as possible if it helped keep cash together if in case this goes for longer than we think. I'd bear in mind that the banks control the gubberment and the economy will be rough after this virus has gone so don't expect to pay things any easier later on than now and I certainly won't expect them to extend credit a second longer than it suits them.
    I'm careful and will survive at home for the next year if I have to with the wife working 2/days a week, but I don't know if I'd like that either.
    Lots of people won't last a month without an income and I don't envy them if we see a recession again.
    Any invoice we sent out in the last month hasn't been paid and a couple of private jobs cancelled aswell so I'd say the majority are holding the purse strings for the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Didn’t want to post this in chat because it will stray into virus chat but mods move of your see fit.

Looks like there will Be massive pressure on for a new government right in the midst of this crisis.

The greens were initially semi interested in a three way coalition but now seem to have been called back into line by the heavies on the left.

The left are all guns for a national government. I think the timing for that is very bad, it would take away decisiveness and likely decend into a talking shop while nothing happens.

I think it’s even worse in that the left are using the crisis to get into government, people who democratically would never see government. It’s just wrong.

Plus, if a national government is formed to deal with the Corona crisis it would be dissolved in 4 or maybe 6 months. Conveniently that leaves us outside the 100 days to form a government from the last election and so we would need another election and the Left feel they would do much better.

I really don’t think they have the best interest of the country at heart asking for this. They are looking for political gain, the very opposite of what we need at the moment.

Returned to sender. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Boards has changed layout on my phone have ttried changing to touch site and full site but still different than it was any one know how to get it back to how it was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭emaherx

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Boards has changed layout on my phone have ttried changing to touch site and full site but still different than it was any one know how to get it back to how it was

How was it? And how is it now?

Try clearing cache on browser and then go to touch.boards.ie instead of just boards.ie

_Brian wrote: »
    Didn’t want to post this in chat because it will stray into virus chat but mods move of your see fit.

Looks like there will Be massive pressure on for a new government right in the midst of this crisis.

The greens were initially semi interested in a three way coalition but now seem to have been called back into line by the heavies on the left.

The left are all guns for a national government. I think the timing for that is very bad, it would take away decisiveness and likely decend into a talking shop while nothing happens.

I think it’s even worse in that the left are using the crisis to get into government, people who democratically would never see government. It’s just wrong.

Plus, if a national government is formed to deal with the Corona crisis it would be dissolved in 4 or maybe 6 months. Conveniently that leaves us outside the 100 days to form a government from the last election and so we would need another election and the Left feel they would do much better.

I really don’t think they have the best interest of the country at heart asking for this. They are looking for political gain, the very opposite of what we need at the moment.

Returned to sender. :)

Going to the polls would be a bad idea at the moment surely. If the parties on the left are pushing for that now then they can hardly claim to be working for the good of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

emaherx wrote: »
    How was it? And how is it now?

Try clearing cache on browser and then go to touch.boards.ie instead of just boards.ie
    Think I had been using the legacy site and somehow now using touch site ,much prefere the legacy layout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Is it too early yet for sowing grass.its an old bare veg patch I want back in grass.i bust it up today probably 1/4 acre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Vat return question. I started paying for my shed in December 2018, so over 3 years I paid. Do I have to fo 3 separate vat returns for the 3 years?

Think I had been using the legacy site and somehow now using touch site ,much prefere the legacy layout

There has only been 2 options for some time now either full or touch.

The responsive site was scrapped a while ago, so what's left is what used to be called the legacy site if I'm not mistaken. Maybe BT can confirm.

Check desktop mode is not selected in your browser also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

On the bottom of the page, you'll see range of options for you to select. If you're on the touch site then select the full site option. It's the best option for desktop, as emaher was saying above.
    emaherx wrote: »
    There has only been 2 options for some time now either full or touch.

The responsive site was scrapped a while ago, so what's left is what used to be called the legacy site if I'm not mistaken. Maybe BT can confirm.

Check desktop mode is not selected in your browser also.
    Yeah, the responsive site was scrapped a while back. Some liked it but the colours were too strong for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is it too early yet for sowing grass.its an old bare veg patch I want back in grass.i bust it up today probably 1/4 acre

An old story was, to test if the ground is warm enough to set, to drop your trousers and sit one the ground. If you arse didn't get cold the soil was warm enough to set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭jimini0

Do I need to get a cert to send injured animal to the factory?
    My heifer is finally ready to go

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Its early. But I'd chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I started reseeding last monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Vat return question. I started paying for my shed in December 2018, so over 3 years I paid. Do I have to fo 3 separate vat returns for the 3 years?

I’d go by receipt dates
    Make sure Claim is over €125 Per year too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Was going to chance it and a lad worried me about frosts. I bust it today and it’s ready for seeding.bit tacky but clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Have we no covid thread now? 10 deaths today :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement