Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Well coronavirus is very serious no one I dont think is disputing that but the thing most here dont see is its being used to bring in restrictions that impact on everyones liberties freedoms and rights far past the virus pandemic.

Restrictions on travel on free speech on assembly no going places on transport on visiting parks etc etc

When will they be removed?

The new legislation to be reviewed in November not even one mention of being rolled back?.

If coronavirus disappeared in the morning would the restricions?.

Not a chance.

The big boys believe in Never let a crisis go to waste and they are using this to bring in sweeping changes that will affect peoples lifes alot more than the virus.

I'm more worried about peoples reactions and the economy (whats left of it) alot more than the virus!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Well coronavirus is very serious no one I dont think is disputing that but the thing most here dont see is its being used to bring in restrictions that impact on everyones liberties freedoms and rights far past the virus pandemic.

Restrictions on travel on free speech on assembly no going places on transport on visiting parks etc etc

The new legislation to be reviewed in November not even one mention of being rolled back?.

Not a chance.

The big boys believe in Never let a crisis go to waste and they are using this to bring in sweeping changes that will affect peoples lifes alot more than the virus.

I'm more worried about peoples reactions and the economy (whats left of it) alot more than the virus!.

So if the virus left tomorrow, all the pubs would stay closed?? Everyone would stay at home for no reason???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Not a chance.

It's pretty clear to everyone that the restrictions are in place to prevent the spreading. This is the world we are living right now. China is slightly going back to normal and if they can do, sure the Western countries will too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

EyesClosed wrote: »
    So if the virus left tomorrow, all the pubs would stay closed?? Everyone would stay at home for no reason???

nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

As this pandemic passes, the current restrictions will ease

You are not the first person filled with hysteria and paranoia over imagined nefarious authority figures taking over the country/world using whatever event. We've heard it all countless times before, always "just around the corner"; FEMA death camps, police state, martial law, NWO, military industrial complex, etc, etc. Chill out and relax, if you want a good laugh read old conspiracy threads from years ago, all exactly the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dohnjoe wrote: »

You are not the first person filled with hysteria and paranoia over imagined nefarious authority figures taking over the country/world using whatever event. We've heard it all countless times before, always "just around the corner"; FEMA death camps, police state, martial law, NWO, military industrial complex, etc, etc. Chill out and relax, if you want a good laugh read old conspiracy threads from years ago, all exactly the same

FEMA death camps? haven't heard of those in a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I asked how that is possible given the size of the market for gold. I even gave you a figure for this. how is possible that major pension companies could liquidate their entire stock holding and nobody noticed?

As I said the Net Asset Valuation ( NAV )of a Pension Fund is different to it's net Market Valuation.

The large shareholders would be reducing their shareholdings piecemeal and reinvesting in Gold. Any sudden movements would prick the ears of the market.

Asset size is not what is important. It is asset value that counts. Values on stock markets are governed by the markets perception of their value. The value of gold is quantifiable by it's availability and it's demand. Two different factors. Gold is recognised as a tangible value. An investment is only valued on it's Market value and not it's NAV. It is the difference between the two that creates the financial risk and thus the opportunity.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    As I said the Net Asset Valuation ( NAV )of a Pension Fund is different to it's net Market Valuation.

The large shareholders would be reducing their shareholdings piecemeal and reinvesting in Gold. Any sudden movements would prick the ears of the market.

Asset size is not what is important. It is asset value that counts. Values on stock markets are governed by the markets perception of their value. The value of gold is quantifiable by it's availability and it's demand. Two different factors. Gold is recognised as a tangible value. An investment is only valued on it's Market value and not it's NAV. It is the difference between the two that creates the financial risk and thus the opportunity.

even if they reduce their stockholdings piecemeal they still need to divest a massive amount of stock. If a pension fund finds itself with massive holdings in gold somebody is going to start asking questions as that would be very unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I'm alright Jack...

Facts hurt your brain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

even if they reduce their stockholdings piecemeal they still need to divest a massive amount of stock. If a pension fund finds itself with massive holdings in gold somebody is going to start asking questions as that would be very unusual

I think we are not on the same hymn sheet here.

It is the private shareholders with controlling interests in the funds that are selling their own shareholdings. They are ahead of the curve, they are selling out before the crash, before the markets perceive what is going on.

The actual pension company valuation will not suffer dramatically due to the resulting panic selling we are seeing. It's value is not reflective of the size of its market valuation. It's MV is susceptible to the markets perception of it's capability to pay it's pensioners based on current investments. The owners don't care, they got out years, months and weeks ago. Their funds are safe in Gold, they are waiting for the crisis to abate before reinvesting.

To reiterate, the pension fund is not reinvesting in gold, it's majority shareholders are. Follow the money not the fund.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think we are not on the same hymn sheet here.

It is the private shareholders with controlling interests in the funds that are selling their own shareholdings. They are ahead of the curve, they are selling out before the crash, before the markets perceive what is going on.

The actual pension company valuation will not suffer dramatically due to the resulting panic selling we are seeing. It's value is not reflective of the size of its market valuation. It's MV is susceptible to the markets perception of it's capability to pay it's pensioners based on current investments. The owners don't care, they got out years, months and weeks ago. Their funds are safe in Gold, they are waiting for the crisis to abate before reinvesting.

To reiterate, the pension fund is not reinvesting in gold, it's majority shareholders are. Follow the money not the fund.

So not the pension funds themselves that are behind this conspiracy. it is the shareholders in the pension fund companies that are behind it. woiuld it not be easier to divest themselves of the pension company stock and just invest it elsewhere? Much easier than this massive conspiracy.

So not the pension funds themselves that are behind this conspiracy. it is the shareholders in the pension fund companies that are behind it. woiuld it not be easier to divest themselves of the pension company stock and just invest it elsewhere? Much easier than this massive conspiracy.

Yeap, but it was more fun for them to create a virus to kill old people

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Yeap, but it was more fun for them to create a virus to kill old people

The bit that amazes me is that they managed to target old people with large pensions. Oddly though it seems to be more effective against those in their 80's who probably dont have long anyway as opposed to those in the 70s who could have 10 years or more. and even less effective against those in their 60s who could have 20 years or more. I dont think they really thought it through.

The bit that amazes me is that they managed to target old people with large pensions. Oddly though it seems to be more effective against those in their 80's who probably dont have long anyway as opposed to those in the 70s who could have 10 years or more. and even less effective against those in their 60s who could have 20 years or more. I dont think they really thought it through.

Well you know being a shareholder of a pension company and then moving into micro biology is hard work. We should be happy they where even able to make a virus, they did their best and thats all anyone can ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

You could count the shareholders on one hand. No chance if information getting out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

..if you want a good laugh read old conspiracy threads from years ago, all exactly the same
    Much better lol bantz laughs can be had by reading the COVID threads (1-10).

The early ones were full of lads claming: just the cold, nothing to be concerned about, or the ah shure more chance of getting the seasonal flu etc.

This and more, as the confirmed cases now pass 1/2million.

Also can someone add 'fema camps' to the 'daily strapline of diversion'.
    - Which now includes the 5g space lizards, some chap: zoro, ufos, chemtrails, tom hanks (was good in the airport movie), J coor's mad beer, pharma, freemans, gemma someone, gold bars and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Not everyone has lost their jobs lol

Indeed, not everyone has lost their jobs...yet. if you think you are immune to the coming depression then you are severely misguided. You may not lose your job but you can be guaranteed many of those around you will lose theirs and some will probably commit suicide because of the hopeless situations they will find themselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Also can someone add 'fema camps' to the 'daily strapline of diversion'.
    - Which now includes the 5g space lizards, some chap: zoro, ufos, chemtrails, tom hanks (was good in the airport movie), J coor's mad beer, pharma, freemans, gemma someone, gold bars and so on.
    Mark of the beast...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

leavingirl wrote: »
    Indeed, not everyone has lost their jobs...yet. if you think you are immune to the coming depression then you are severely misguided. You may not lose your job but you can be guaranteed many of those around you will lose theirs and some will probably commit suicide because of the hopeless situations they will find themselves in.

It is what it is, no country will be immune to this, what do you suggest I do about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

as the confirmed cases now pass 1/2million.
    You mean half a million, 500,000.
    It is nothing anyway. It is minuscule relative to world population. It is minuscule compared to seasonal flu cases PER YEAR.

The only logic to be gleaned from this is that they intend having lockdowns/restrictions as a regular part of policy from now on since they can happen now for basically no reason.
    All they need is a bit of a story, play on people's fears etc and massive PR campaign for acceptance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

eleventh wrote: »
    You mean half a million, 500,000.
    It is nothing anyway. It is minuscule relative to world population. It is minuscule compared to seasonal flu cases PER YEAR.
    500,000 from about 100,000 A WEEK AGO, ...and 10wks until the peak (do the math), oh and a possible Wave2 later in the year.

It's not any regular seasonal flu is it now?

Hence the (temporary) lockdown (same as everywhere) as was generally made public, as planned standard phase 3 plan for this type of situaiton. There isn't anything unexpected about this.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Another 10 dead in Ireland today.

Anyone calling for an easing of our lockdown is just plainly stupid

It's not any regular seasonal flu is it now?
    Seasonal flu has more of an even spread whearas the bulk of cases of this is a small number of countries combined.

Basing national policy on what happened in another country that's not even a neighbouring country, it's not a good precedent.
    There isn't anything unexpected about this.
    It is planned and orchestrated, I'm aware of this.

sydthebeat wrote:
    Anyone calling for an easing of our lockdown is just plainly stupid
    Good point except it's the conspiracy forum, not current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭CFlat

I'm not sure if this is suited for the CT thread but watching Contagion on TV at the moment and the similarities to what's going on in the film and what's going on in the world right now is quite eerie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Fema death camps?. I never mentioned.
    Military industrial complex? I never mentioned.

Along with everything else you typed. Those are YOUR words not mine.

Again cant stick to what I actually typed!.

Im refering to restrictions on travel and groups.

These may hang around long after this is under control. Indeed arent to be reviewd til November!.

But go on rant on how I think its the Lizard people building Fema death camps with telekinetic powers for the crab people in their underground bunkers or some other nonsense no one typed in a lazy attempt to label us who question anything as space cadets.

So long as we are embellishing and making stuff up go nuts knock yourself out!.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good point except it's the conspiracy forum, not current affairs.

And that somehow excuses stupidity...??

I know it's the conspiracy forum, but......

sydthebeat wrote: »
    And that somehow excuses stupidity...??
    Can you quote where someone was calling for that as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It is planned and orchestrated, I'm aware of this.

Asking for the third or forth time

This is planned by who?

and why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Very good, if that's what many folks want to call it, so be it.

Yes. And that notion is on the same pile of nonsense as the other things you listed.
    It's a bit hypocritical for you to dismiss those and belittle them, then also subscribe to the notion of the bibl predicting implantable microchips.

Advertisement