Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

kerplun k wrote: »
    Loving the freedom of the Quest. Just finished all episodes of Vador Immortal. I haven’t enjoyed an experience this much since The impatient. What do you recon I should start next, pistol whip or robo recall?

Pistol Whip looks great though I haven't personally played it. Robot Recall is one of my all-time favs on my Rift though something felt a little different on the Quest. I think the sound of the guns was a little less boomey or something.

I'm currently completing Wind Waker on my WiiU but can't wait to get back into Quest once that's finished.
    Vader Immortal episodes and Half-Life VR are gonna be next on the list.

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners will probably be my next purchase plus it's going to be Quest crossbuy when it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

So contacted Oculus yesterday finally about my white stuck pixel in my quest, They asked me to reset to factory defaults (no idea why) and to take a picture of the stuck pixel, something that took me nearly 20mins to achieve. After that they asked if I dropped the unit which I hadn't and then finally asked for my details name, address , order number and serial number of the unit.

Finally they said ok we will send you a full new oculus quest and send back the old one and make sure to include everything , controller charge cable etc. Now to wait for the returns shipping label which takes up to 3 business days to arrive by e-mail for some strange reason. They said I should receive my new unit within 3-5 business day once they receive my old one.

Just for anyone thinking of returning for a stuck or dead pixel this seems to be the normal procedure.

For anyone on the fence about returning the quest due to a stuck pixel I would highly recommend it, just received my brand new quest replacement and no pixel issues of any kind thankfully. Sent it off 30th Jan and got my new one Yesterday the 10 feb so all in all about 6-7 business days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there much of a graphical downgrade from the regular Rift? It'll be a while before i can afford one, but i'd love to pick one up again. Had the Rift a year or two ago, and it was pretty amazing (even if there wasn't much on it that interested me at the time).

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there much of a graphical downgrade from the regular Rift? It'll be a while before i can afford one, but i'd love to pick one up again. Had the Rift a year or two ago, and it was pretty amazing (even if there wasn't much on it that interested me at the time).

It's an upgrade from Rift CV1 in terms of clarity.

Graphics-wise though the textures on Quest would be lower detail than both.

Decided to go all out and upgrade my Quest to make it more comfortable. Had to drop another €100, but should all be worth it!

Silicone face cover - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WPHB3BT/

Interchangeable cotton covers - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YSLSHN5/

Padding for rear strap - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081CRH55Y/

AMVR controller grip - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X33DW1Z/

I think the cotton covers are well overpriced, but whatever, at least now I can get all sweaty in Thrill of the Fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Let us know how you get on,

I’m just finished an hour of BoxVR and will be going to bed with marks on my face.

I don’t actually find it uncomfortable, but I’m sick of people asking me what’s wrong with my face after an hour of playtime.

Let us know how you get on,

I’m just finished an hour of BoxVR and will be going to bed with marks on my face.

I don’t actually find it uncomfortable, but I’m sick of people asking me what’s wrong with my face after an hour of playtime.

I find it really uncomfortable at the back of the head so hope the pads help

Eleven table tennis is out today!!!

Oh boy, killer app heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mrcheez wrote: »
    Eleven table tennis is out today!!!

Oh boy, killer app heaven

Is that sarcasm? or is it really good?

Doubt its sarcasm. Cheezy is a bit of a table tennis VR aficionado.

• Advertisement

Da truth brother :)

This looks great! Loving the art style.

2020 is going to be a fantastic year for VR.

I think The Room is gonna be a good one.

Oh Hi Mark!

Oh Hi Mark!

Leave your stupid comments in your pocket!

Decided to go all out and upgrade my Quest to make it more comfortable. Had to drop another €100, but should all be worth it!

Padding for rear strap - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081CRH55Y/

AMVR controller grip - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X33DW1Z/

I think the cotton covers are well overpriced, but whatever, at least now I can get all sweaty in Thrill of the Fight

Fitted everything to the Quest today and it's a vast improvement overall.

The pain at the back of my head has largely gone though I do still feel a little pressure back there. Might get sore after an hour whereas before it was sore almost immediately.

The face masks definitely improve comfort on the face, but the controller grips are the best thing of the lot. No more cramp from having to constantly grip onto the controllers. They are probably more aligned with the Index controllers now.

Overall well worth the investment so I'm ready to take on Half Life Alyx!

Fitted everything to the Quest today and it's a vast improvement overall.

The pain at the back of my head has largely gone though I do still feel a little pressure back there. Might get sore after an hour whereas before it was sore almost immediately.

The face masks definitely improve comfort on the face, but the controller grips are the best thing of the lot. No more cramp from having to constantly grip onto the controllers. They are probably more aligned with the Index controllers now.

Overall well worth the investment so I'm ready to take on Half Life Alyx!

Any marks on the face after an hour+ use?

Any marks on the face after an hour+ use?

Nope. Face is as comfortable as hell. Could probably sleep with it on.

My main issue has always been the back of the strap around my huge Irish melon, but the modified back strap has definitely reduced this problem around 80%.

As for my PSVR, I reckon I'll just resort to using a scissors on the elastic bands so it's always at max extension ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Do you use both of these at the same time i'm looking for something to reduce marks around the eyes and also light bleed from the nose.

cintec wrote: »
    Do you use both of these at the same time i'm looking for something to reduce marks around the eyes and also light bleed from the nose.

Yes both at the same time.

Silicone layer as a replacement for the Oculus Quest foam, then the cotton eyemask sits on top of that. Feels great.

Got the suggestion from Tyco Tech on YouTube

https://youtu.be/JzGC_RTIruc?t=193

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »

To any non VR user, this post reads like the headset gives you noise bleeds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Hi,
    Just wondering, is Half Life Alyx only available on Quest by using the Link Cable or is there a standalone game for the Quest?

If there is a standalone game I can't find it!!

Thanks
    Rook.

The Rook wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering, is Half Life Alyx only available on Quest by using the Link Cable or is there a standalone game for the Quest?

If there is a standalone game I can't find it!!

Thanks
    Rook.

only available on Steam and playable using a Link cable as long as your PC is powerful enough for VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

only available on Steam and playable using a Link cable as long as your PC is powerful enough for VR.

Goddamn it .... ah well, win some lose some.

Thanks!

The Rook wrote: »
    Goddamn it .... ah well, win some lose some.

Thanks!

If your GPU is powerful enough you can get a cheaper alternative to the Link cable here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOTO-Charging-Braided-Nintendo-Devices-Black/dp/B017COHTJ6/

or try playing wirelessly using Virtual Desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

I'm looking to invest in a VR system for HL Alyx. I've a Ps4 Pro with PSVR (+SSD) so thats what I'm used to.

WOuld the Quest be a big drop from the Valve machine or are they close in specs and performance?

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking to invest in a VR system for HL Alyx. I've a Ps4 Pro with PSVR (+SSD) so thats what I'm used to.

WOuld the Quest be a big drop from the Valve machine or are they close in specs and performance?

The Quest is awesome and great value for money. Link will let you play the more meatier games on it. The quest is enough for me. The biggest downside is the comfort, which I believe can be improved with 3rd accessories. But if you want the best VR experience I’d go with Rift S or the HTC VIve, + heigh end PC/Laptop.

sticker wrote: »

The Quest is superb in terms of visuals and flexibility (hell you can bring it with you on holidays and still be able to play VR)

Price to value ratio far exceeds the Valve Index offering.

Sure Valve Index may have 10% improvement in visuals, but you're paying a premium plus you are locked into playing in one room where your PC is.

Quest allows you to play Half Life Alyx out in the garden wirelessly if you want! (with minor visual loss)

The Quest is superb in terms of visuals and flexibility (hell you can bring it with you on holidays and still be able to play VR)

Price to value ratio far exceeds the Valve Index offering.

Sure Valve Index may have 10% improvement in visuals, but you're paying a premium plus you are locked into playing in one room where your PC is.

Quest allows you to play Half Life Alyx out in the garden wirelessly if you want! (with minor visual loss)

Thanks. I'd prefer to use the poke in my PC - Is this an option with the Quest or is its power limited to the unit itself?

• Advertisement

Also - Anyone know where I would buy a OCULUS Rift S?

Seems to be out of stock locally!

Advertisement