Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Covid-19 things your neighbours are doing to drive you to the brink.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

some child or insane adult COLOURED IN WITh CHAlK about 40 foot of road. How bored or insane would you need to be to do that ( if you were an adult) . And how did the mother or father not notice their toddler gone for that length of time onto a road. Assuming it wasn’t an insane mother or driven to chalk father.

Ha ha you naive fool....surely you know the lengths Pat's spawn will go to fcuck up walls and roads in any neighbourhood.?

Only some childer ...expressin themselves...

Chill ...!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

some child or insane adult COLOURED IN WITh CHAlK about 40 foot of road. How bored or insane would you need to be to do that ( if you were an adult) . And how did the mother or father not notice their toddler gone for that length of time onto a road. Assuming it wasn’t an insane mother or driven to chalk father.

genius way to get rid of the kid(s) for a few hours while mammy and daddy have some quality time in the daytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Allinall wrote: »
    Mine keep peeking round the corner to see what we’re up to.

Drives me nuts.

Are you one of them people constantly outside your house though, i have neighbours like that, sitting outside or always up to something, if not looking for attention since day 1, my attention is immediately drawn to them, drives me fcuking nuts. Hope they move ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

They got their daughter's scrambler ready for the summer including some test rides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

LirW wrote: »
    They got their daughter's scrambler ready for the summer including some test rides.

Dear god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Dear god

HAP house or council?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If animals can get corona I hope the f*ck the neighbours dog gets it. Bad enough before but now people dropping their kids off from about 7am and she is leaving the psychotic little 1/2 breed out a lot more and this thing barks every time a sparrow farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Nothings changed in my neighborhood. Most seem to be going about their lives quietly, and for that I'm thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

SteM wrote: »
    Went to bring the dogs for a walk after work this afternoon and there was a woman up road standing out the front talking to her next door neighbour, both of them were wearing their pajamas. Then her daughter came out to join them and she was in her pajamas too.

Are things so bad that people aren't bothering to get dressed now?

No it's fairly common. I like to think they sleep in ball gowns and then walk the streets in their PJs
    bfa1509 wrote: »
    Was she not just power hosing the driveway? Seems like a productive thing to do with 5 hours at a time like this. She sounds like a solid asset.

Complete waste of water washing the ground, never mind jet washing it!, it's supposed to be dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

My neighbours have been trying to religious sing the Covid-19 away. Hour after hour - and badly. Am I sufferig alone? What are thise closest to
    you doing to drive you slowly insane in this time of plague?

One of my neighbours keeps telling everyone that this is just a new strain of the flu, and only a couple of people have died... so what is the big deal basically.

Everyone just ignores them and walks away. But you can see people are getting frustrated with the sheer stupidity and ignorance of their remarks!

Some people cannot see anything beyond a meter or two in front of their own face. If it's not directly affecting them or their immediate family/friends, then it's nothing to worry about. Brainless uncaring gobsh!tes!

• Advertisement

Gardening 7 days a week now instead of 2. They ****ing love it. Also frowning disdainfully at my garden, but they’d be doing that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gardening 7 days a week now instead of 2. They ****ing love it. Also frowning disdainfully at my garden, but they’d be doing that anyway.

Far play to them.. that's a very constructive distraction

lawred2 wrote: »
    Far play to them.. that's a very constructive distraction

You don’t need to power wash a driveway 4 times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You don’t need to power wash a driveway 4 times a week.

You said gardening.

I don't believe you that anyone is power washing their driveway four times a week.

lawred2 wrote: »
    You said gardening.

I don't believe you that anyone is power washing their driveway four times a week.

That’s part of gardening.

And believe what you like, or don’t. I couldn’t give a ****. I wasn’t looking for your approval of the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What’s wrong with gardening?

Pull up your socks and sort out your rubbish tip, you’re letting the area down!

pwurple wrote: »
    What’s wrong with gardening?

Pull up your socks and sort out your rubbish tip, you’re letting the area down!

There is zero rubbish at my house you presumptuous little cretin. The hedges are cut and the lawn is mowed. These obsessives just want me to have plants and flowers which I have absolutely no interest in growing or minding.

I just don’t like gardening. In much the same way that not everyone likes to do the same things you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There is zero rubbish at my house you presumptuous little cretin. The hedges are cut and the lawn is mowed. These obsessives just want me to have plants and flowers which I have absolutely no interest in growing or minding.

Have you actually spoken to your neighbours, have they actually said to you that you need to have plants and flowers in your garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That’s part of gardening.

And believe what you like, or don’t. I couldn’t give a ****. I wasn’t looking for your approval of the post.

Power washing is not part of gardening.

You must be cooped up so long you are making up your own definitions.

Facts aren't yours Reg.

listermint wrote: »
    Power washing is not part of gardening.

You must be cooped up so long you are making up your own definitions.

Facts aren't yours Reg.

It’s all yard work/gardening.

• Advertisement

It’s all yard work/gardening.

Wait is it yard work or gardening.

Because they're two different things.

Go out and get some air reg . It's good for you

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Have you actually spoken to your neighbours, have they actually said to you that you need to have plants and flowers in your garden?

Yes. Both in a passive aggressive manner and more directly. Every time I go out the mow the lawn the old bat is over and even the big headphones aren’t a deterrent.

Wait is it yard work or gardening.

Because they're two different things.

Go out and get some air reg . It's good for you

They’re the same thing. Don’t be condescending, it’s an ugly trait.

They’re the same thing. Don’t be condescending, it’s an ugly trait.

No they aren't the same thing whatsoever.

I'm being condescending because you were doing it in the previous page to someone else.

Yard work is manual labour associated with repair , fix , install of stuff around an outside area.

Gardening is he maintenance of plants , trees , grasses in your garden.

Sorry for being obtuse but you made it up that your neighbors is pressure washing the driveway 4 days straight for effect then made up the definitions of things. It's not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Thankfully my neighbour's have been fine, if not friendlier. The walking habits of people in the area is annoying me though. I go out of my way to leave space on footpath and people still walk close to me. Ive resorted to walking on the grass most of the time.
    Some people kinda have the right idea, walking 2 meters apart on footpath. But as soon as they meet someone waking the other way, that person is forced onto the grass or ditch. If they tucked in behind each other there's room for everyone.
    Also still a large amount of kids meeting up in the evening from different houses. Parents clearly not caring and letting them off.

My neighbours have been great as always, I ll try return the favour today by cutting their trees

No they aren't the same thing whatsoever.

I'm being condescending because you were doing it in the previous page to someone else.

Yard work is manual labour associated with repair , fix , install of stuff around an outside area.

Gardening is he maintenance of plants , trees , grasses in your garden.

Sorry for being obtuse but you made it up that your neighbors is pressure washing the driveway 4 days straight for effect then made up the definitions of things. It's not a good look.

Made it up? I didn’t realise you were watching the area. It has long been a running joke that he must miss a bit on purpose just to get out of the house. Don’t tell me what is and isn’t happening when you haven’t a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

New power washer....= new man toy ......the big noisy heavy dirty things that men love.

I can well believe that some knobbs would be itchin to spray a bit o liquid on a regular basis ....it's the old "marking the territory" instinct which is hard wired into most males.

Bit similiar to the "Drillers" who fantasize about having a big heavy gun in their mitt ...not to mention the "Firefighters" aka barbecue man who cant wait to fire up the barbie and have tons of smoke and sizzzle.

Then you have the "Petrolheads" who spend their time under some ould banger (car I mean) and rev the sh1te out of it ad nauseum.

All different types ...some interesting some very annoying....but that's life !

New power washer....= new man toy ......the big noisy heavy dirty things that men love.

Oh the pleasures of the power washer, loves using the thing, shur the waters free!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Bitch next door ran her pressure washer from 10 to 3:30. None of us could have the windows open. It came close to me throwing eggs at her to send a message.

Well the old water charges might have softened her cough a bit as regards to that. The public should be careful what it wishes for :)

Advertisement