Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Specsavers Opera Lane are closing Wednesday, they don't know when they'll reopen. Presume their other branches will do the same, not sure. I stocked up on a 5 month supply of contact lens today, hopefully that'll see me through this!

Yeah, they're pretty much doing pick-ups only the last few days. I'd ordered now glasses a few weeks back, so just got the call yesterday to collect. (Thankfully, as without glasses I'm dependent on lenses and can't wear them for too long, nor do I have enough to last!)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Fabio wrote: »
    ****e, I've been putting off a contact lens checkup for waaaay too long. My own fault!

Yep same boat! I'm on lensmail but I'm not sure they'll still send out my contacts when my checkup is so out of date, they've been sending letters threatening to cut me off for awhile, that's why I stocked up with extras! I wouldn't find my way around the house without them!

This week I've realised there's a lot I've put off for too long....dentist, haircut, smear test....

• Registered Users Posts: 84,945 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many test centres in Cork city now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many test centres in Cork city now?

I believe there are three (according to The Echo)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Only way to get that lot to listen is through their pocket. Or their parents pockets. Hand out fines to encourage them to observe some form of civic responsibility. For once.

Although whats the point. We all know there's a certain 'demographic' lets say who will never contribute anything to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Chavs
    Dumb chavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Suprised she went on air to be honest, can only hope that other people like her might cringe seeing themselves reflected in her ignorance and stupidity.

Suprised she went on air to be honest, can only hope that other people like her might cringe seeing themselves reflected in her ignorance and stupidity.

She deserves no airtime imho, looking for fame publicity

Should be fined or if on social welfare have it stopped, vile disgraceful behaviour just like the scumbags coughing on people and on trolleys in supermarkets, fine them and their parents :mad:

• Advertisement

Chavs like her don't honestly know/ care what anyone thinks,her and ilk are annoying/ terrifying older folk for yonks up there,and so it'll go on and on ,I'm hitting 61 left Cork for 29 plus years, before I left, during,and since I returned there's parents in tbe Northside that don't care where, or what their kids/teens are at,and in 20 years time parts of knocka,Farranree,etc will still be experiencing this crap,feel for the majority of good Northside parents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Eurogiant in wilton staying open.. are they seriously calling themselves "essential"

Eurogiant in wilton staying open.. are they seriously calling themselves "essential"

Disgrace

I think Dealz and Mr. Price are also open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Carry Out still open.

Only In Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

She's 21 and shes drinking in a field.

And has a kid.

Shes a good role model.

Luap wrote: »
    Carry Out still open.

Only In Ireland

Beyond a disgrace we as a nation are a pity ref booze

mikeym wrote: »
    She's 21 and shes drinking in a field.

And has a kid.

Shes a good role model.

And raring the next generation of chavs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Carry Out still open.

Only In Ireland
    Off licences have been added to the essential retail outlets list in the UK also and are allowed to stay open, where the "lockdown" is stricter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She deserves no airtime imho, looking for fame publicity

No, it's the radio station and presenter, sh1t stirring material to get people angry. Good for ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭mcko

Look at the show, Inside the K and see how people who don't give a crap live. It is a complete lack of respect for any type of rules of society, wouldn't want o be a guard for all the money in the world.

Carry Out still open.

Only In Ireland

Do you think that the sale of alcohol should be banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Carry Out still open.

Only In Ireland

Ah now. This isn't penance, we don't need to do full martyr.

I'll be sticking on a boeuf bourguignon later, a lovely comforting beefy stew. one of the ingredient is wine.

Let people enjoy some home comforts I say. A glass of wine with a home cooked meal, a drop of sherry after their tea.

Do you think that the sale of alcohol should be banned?

Yes obviously for the duration, only going to cause major hassle ref 🠠parties as it goes on

Yes obviously for the duration, only going to cause major hassle ref 🠠parties as it goes on

You don't see banning alcohol sales having any unintended consequences?

Like civil unrest and protest?
    Like a massive unregulated black market in the sale of existing alcohol?
    Like a proliferation of potentially dangerous illegal alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

Does sunlight kill the CV? E.g. If a house had a south facing door - would UV light kill the virus on the door handle?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Yes obviously for the duration, only going to cause major hassle ref ðŸ parties as it goes on

Frankly, I think that's ridiculous, and overblown. Are you looking to stop the supermarkets selling booze too? :rolleyes:

Treat people as adults, not babies. Obviously, there will always be exceptions to the rule, but on the whole, I think people can be sensible. I certainly will be continuing to buy drink if we want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Worztron wrote: »
    Does sunlight kill the CV? E.g. If a house had a south facing door - would UV light kill the virus on the door handle?

No. I would wipe the handles as necessary. If you don't have disinfectant, lemon juice/vinegar will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Worztron wrote: »

Based on intuition, I would have thought that if it was this simple, this would be discussed constantly by official sources, but, as far as I am aware, it is not, and so I would assume that there is no truth in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hunchback wrote: »
    Based on intuition, I would have thought that if it was this simple, this would be discussed constantly by official sources, but, as far as I am aware, it is not, and so I would assume that there is no truth in that.

Fair enough. I thought, I'd throw it out there anyway.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement