Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Worztron wrote: »
    Can Dettol kill the CV? It says on it that it kills 99.9% of bacteria but I take it that it also kills some/all viruses too?

Coronavirus is mentioned on Dettol packaging but not sure drinking helps the lungs :D dip hands and gloves into dish of diluted Dettol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

They are putting laws through to force pubs to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭saabsaab

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronavirus is mentioned on Dettol packaging but not sure drinking helps the lungs :D dip hands and gloves into dish of diluted Dettol

Dettol claims to kill Corona Viruses but this was tested on previous viruses this one is a new Corona virus so not proven, yet. Probably will kill it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I see Debenhams was getting a few negative mentions on the radio these days from unhappy staff.Cant say I blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I see Debenhams was getting a few negative mentions on the radio these days from unhappy staff.Cant say I blame them.

By all means please don't elaborate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Today (sat @2.30 Roberts cove) came across 20 + stupid irresponsible aged idiot hikers,
    All bunched up despite government warnings,had to actually tell them to move away from me by at least 2 m,no joy ,such a feckless bunch of cretins ,if it was teenagers it would be disappointing but ppl same age as me ( over 60) it was inexcusable, people are just not listening or taking this 😡 virus seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭mcko

You can't fix stupid,I am off work until the 29th due to a medical condition and am stuck in the house, up the walls but we must do what we must do.

• Advertisement

Again today at St Michaels cemetery I had to act6wave directly to a family,kid 13 ish,
    First question from the silly dad," what's he on about"?
    Lady copped on and told the teen to move away from me,
    Asked her Mammy why should I move?
    Obviously stupid people all over not even educating their children

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

I hope the bookies are also closed down.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Again today at St Michaels cemetery I had to act6wave directly to a family,kid 13 ish,
    First question from the silly dad," what's he on about"?
    Lady copped on and told the teen to move away from me,
    Asked her Mammy why should I move?
    Obviously stupid people all over not even educating their children

Idiot behind me in queue in Lidl a few days ago literally a foot away. I politely asked him to step back. We're at the mercy of some seriously stupid people out there. I was there to get some necessities and get the hell out fast.

Earlier today drove past a group of 10 or 12 people (probably teenagers) clearly not giving two ****s about the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

The LE Eithne arrived in the harbour this morning, presumably to act as a testing centre. The centre at Pairc Ui Chaoimh is also up & running as I was passing that neck of the woods at lunchtime.

506613.jpg

Worztron wrote: »
    I hope the bookies are also closed down.

I believe they are, online betting now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭cantalach

saabsaab wrote: »
    Dettol claims to kill Corona Viruses but this was tested on previous viruses this one is a new Corona virus so not proven, yet. Probably will kill it.

Unless you’re a microbiologist, you really should keep your non-expert opinion to yourself per the advice of the government.

Idiot behind me in queue in Lidl a few days ago literally a foot away. I politely asked him to step back. We're at the mercy of some seriously stupid people out there. I was there to get some necessities and get the hell out fast.

Earlier today drove past a group of 10 or 12 people (probably teenagers) clearly not giving two ****s about the advice.

Silly stupid stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭captainshamroc

The father who's hitting 80 has stopped going to the local shop, Supervalu on the Skehard road as there is just no way of social distancing there. Most shops such as Aldi have removed a lot of the junk close to the checkouts to give people loads of room to check out at a good distance but SV is awful. They have these big fridges funneling people into a narrow walkway by the checkouts so if someone is at the first till you actually have to brush past them to get to the other 4. And between the last checkout by the door and people stopping to use sanitizer at the entrance you can't pass without being very close to people.
    Pity as there are loads of old people in the area with little option but to go there.
    If shops aren't willing to make an effort they should forced to only allow a few people in at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

The father who's hitting 80 has stopped going to the local shop, Supervalu on the Skehard road as there is just no way of social distancing there. Most shops such as Aldi have removed a lot of the junk close to the checkouts to give people loads of room to check out at a good distance but SV is awful. They have these big fridges funneling people into a narrow walkway by the checkouts so if someone is at the first till you actually have to brush past them to get to the other 4. And between the last checkout by the door and people stopping to use sanitizer at the entrance you can't pass without being very close to people.
    Pity as there are loads of old people in the area with little option but to go there.
    If shops aren't willing to make an effort they should forced to only allow a few people in at a time.
    Ya that supervalue is terrible for space. There's plenty more options in the area and jj driscolls in ballinlough will deliver to him if he is stuck for stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

All McDonald’s are shutting down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭cantalach

Ya that supervalue is terrible for space. There's plenty more options in the area and jj driscolls in ballinlough will deliver to him if he is stuck for stuff

Just be aware that JJ's has had to introduce a minimum order for home delivery, which is fair enough under the circumstances. It's €30 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I believe they are, online betting now

I see, ty.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

All McDonald’s are shutting down

And Subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

mikeym wrote: »
    And Subway.

Starbucks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Dunnes bishopstown have social distance qs outside their supermarket leaving only a few in at a time -you have to q up with your trolley at the clothes entrance

Level 42 wrote: »
    Dunnes bishopstown have social distance qs outside their supermarket leaving only a few in at a time -you have to q up with your trolley at the clothes entrance

Rightly so, Carrigaline Dunnes same, guy's on the door,andthe co op,good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Specsavers Opera Lane are closing Wednesday, they don't know when they'll reopen. Presume their other branches will do the same, not sure. I stocked up on a 5 month supply of contact lens today, hopefully that'll see me through this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Rightly so, Carrigaline Dunnes same, guy's on the door,andthe co op,good to see

Same in Ballyvolane too. Has been since Saturday. You can go straight through if you need drapery, but for the supermarket, you have to queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Specsavers Opera Lane are closing Wednesday, they don't know when they'll reopen. Presume their other branches will do the same, not sure. I stocked up on a 5 month supply of contact lens today, hopefully that'll see me through this!

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Fabio

Kerry25x wrote: »

****e, I've been putting off a contact lens checkup for waaaay too long. My own fault!

Advertisement