Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PUC like Croke Park could become a test centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    PUC like Croke Park could become a test centre

location isn't great for the entire city, I think I read somewhere that CIT was being considered.

correction: I think CIT was being considered for helping out in the testing department using their labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Second confirmed case in UCC today. This time it's confirmed in a student.

The first case was a visitor who visited the Western Gateway Building on Western Road a few days ago.

It was confirmed in an email to all students and staff about 30minutes ago and posted on their Facebook page.
    (Sorry don't have a link atm, I'll update when I find one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Second confirmed case in UCC today. This time it's confirmed in a student.

The first case was a visitor who visited the Western Gateway Building on Western Road a few days ago.

It was confirmed in an email to all students and staff about 30minutes ago and posted on their Facebook page.
    (Sorry don't have a link atm, I'll update when I find one)

https://www.facebook.com/universitycollegecork/photos/a.185794251469755/2816517958397358/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

‘Tis a bad time to be taking acid.

Just say no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I was going to drop into Paul St Tesco after work yesterday & they're making people queue on top of each other it looked like to get into the shop. Didn't fancy the idea of that given current distancing recommendations so headed to Dunnes instead where it was quieter by far & was able to get my few groceries while maintaining a bit of social distance.

opus wrote: »
    I was going to drop into Paul St Tesco after work yesterday & they're making people queue on top of each other it looked like to get into the shop. Didn't fancy the idea of that given current distancing recommendations so headed to Dunnes instead where it was quieter by far & was able to get my few groceries while maintaining a bit of social distance.

It made it much more comfortable in the store itself. Agree that people in the Q are not keeping distances. Tape on the floor at 1m intervals might aid this. Lidl in Cornmarket Street are operating a similar system.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Only after major pressure from the other publicans and members of the public. It was very late, in fairness. He was in the echo the other day sounding like he'd be running for president soon.

They were advertising gigs up until the last minute, shamed into closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Did I hear right Debenhams had a sale on today and there was an influx of customers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

I queued to get into Tesco, Paul Street, yesterday. It was well managed but still there were people trying to sneak around the queue. Selfish fcuks.

The upside of queuing to get in is that it's lovely and quiet once in and no queue for the check out.

yeah and i managed to get a bottle of dettol anti bac spray today and vit C effervescent tabs (none there any time I went over the past 2 weeks).. win win .. replenished stocks aren't being depleted as fast now - due to the queuing and that fact that those greedy stockpiling feckers sitting at home with copious amounts of the stuff have realised that they have enough - or have ran out of space to store them - or funds to buy them - which ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Of the first 350 cases 62 are in Cork, most likely quite a few people walking around asympomatic I'd say,

Of the first 350 cases 62 are in Cork, most likely quite a few people walking around asympomatic I'd say,

62 of 191 additional cases of COVID19 confirmed in Cork - Source RedFM

I assume with more test centres and kits, numbers will rise with more being tested

62 of 191 additional cases of COVID19 confirmed in Cork - Source RedFM

I assume with more test centres and kits, numbers will rise with more being tested

Thats wrong, its 62 of the first 350 cases as was said in the Brief today and the posting later on.

But yeah, cases are gonna rise a lot I would say with the testing going to increase. Heres to hoping it doesn't increase too much.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1240707473402671104?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Did I hear right Debenhams had a sale on today and there was an influx of customers ?

I don’t see how Debenhams survives this. They were on their arse to begin with.

Thats wrong, its 62 of the first 350 cases as was said in the Brief today and the posting later on.

But yeah, cases are gonna rise a lot I would say with the testing going to increase. Heres to hoping it doesn't increase too much.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1240707473402671104?s=20

Do we know how many are in CUH ICU?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Do we know how many are in CUH ICU?

Nope, just that 7 of the 350 are. Would be nice to get more details alright but I suppose this is a lot better then the original "south of the country" stuff

https://twitter.com/OfficialCorkGAA/status/1240949622622781440

It has been confirmed that Páirc Uí Chaoimh will be used as a testing centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Pen Rua wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/OfficialCorkGAA/status/1240949622622781440

It has been confirmed that Páirc Uí Chaoimh will be used as a testing centre.

When would this come into use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Name and shame, by all means, but I don't think they are actually breaking any law. I suspect they will bring in emergency legislation to deal with these scum.

I think a complete lockdown with curfewing needs to happen soon, Gardai to be more strict

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Fine be ****ed. Their licences should be taken away from them.

Fine be ****ed. Their licences should be taken away from them.

Again, there needs to be a law in place to do this.
    At the moment, bars are closed under advice from the government.
    I'm not condoning pubs defying this advice but talk of fines and taking licences is just silly talk as no law has been broken.

I do think these bars should be named and shamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm not condoning pubs defying this advice but talk of fines and taking licences is just silly talk as no law has been broken.

Agree totally, also I can't fathom why ppl can't supervise their kids ref dragging them into shopping centres,and out walking letting them do as they want,don't get me started on gangs of teens congregating around Carrigaline ,it's fuc*ing grossly irresponsible parenting,PS I'm not a grumpy drawer's and am a dad/ grandad but a responsible one

I agree with you to a point but its not silly talk. Its blatant and gross negligence of the highest order and I don't think there needs to be a specific law that they are supposed to break before someone should come down hard on these dirtbags.

Its exactly this type of (era sure it'll be grand, have a pint and a sing song) attitude that is going to cause this surge that Varadkar was talking about.

People still aren't taking this seriously. I honestly find it baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Can Dettol kill the CV? It says on it that it kills 99.9% of bacteria but I take it that it also kills some/all viruses too?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

I agree with you to a point but its not silly talk. Its blatant and gross negligence of the highest order and I don't think there needs to be a specific law that they are supposed to break before someone should come down hard on these dirtbags.

It doesn't really matter what you think. The law is the law - we can't just throw it away as we feel like - emergency measures need to be enacted.

I totally agree with you on all the other points - we shouldn't need laws for these people to comply - but it appears that we do.

Yes, it is mind boggling how some people just aren't taking it seriously.

It doesn't really matter what you think.

Are we going down this path of silliness? Thinking is having an opinion. If you want to go with that logic you could reply to every single post here offering an opinion with ah sure it doesn't matter what you think. Its a non statement.

I agree yes we have to operate within the law but they (the pub owners) clearly don't give 2 ****s about any laws or the well being of the dummies sneaking in for pints.

Anyway. The sooner these emergency laws are introduced the better. If people here think its restrictive living they should take a look at the current situation in Italy. Authorities are basically ordering people on the street not to group together. And more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Any reason why these pubs can't be named?

I'm sure the public will remember their great civic mindedness after this is over.

Advertisement