Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you been tested?

• 18-03-2020 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Ok so I have been showing symptoms for 3 weeks and just got tested today I will know the results in the next 48hrs I pray that I don't have it :(

Have you been tested? 1226 votes

Showing symptoms - not tested
    80% 990 votes
    Showing symptoms - tested negative
    9% 120 votes
    Showing symptoms - tested positive
    7% 89 votes
    Not showing symptoms
    2% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

what did the test consist of and where did you get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

I meant to add testing and awaiting results but anyone who has been tested and is awaiting results please just vote when you recieve

Topdolla wrote: »
    I pray that I don't have it :(

Would you not rather have it though? Unless you're in the high risk category, it'd be best to get it out of the way, no?

It consists of 2 swabs, one down the back of the throat that wasn't too bad and then one up the nostril which wasn't great...
    They tell you to swallow while the push all the way up your nostril nearly out of your eye, my eye was watering for about 5 minutes

Would you not rather have it though? Unless you're in the high risk category, it'd be best to get it out of the way, no?

You can be reinfected so out of the way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

And the option for someone who had to be tested but had no symptoms?

tuxy wrote: »
    And the option for someone who had to be tested but had no symptoms?

Well the doctors are not testing people with no symptoms, unless they are doing it to people in the airport I don't know but I cannot edit the poll If a mod wants to add these options go ahead.

You can be reinfected so out of the way?

Can you? I thought that hadn't been confirmed? I was under the impression that (so far anyway) it was a one-hit wonder?

Well the doctors are not testing people with no symptoms, unless they are doing it to people in the airport I don't know but I cannot edit the poll If a mod wants to add these options go ahead.

I believe some medical staff with no symptoms have been tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope you don't have to wait long for results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Can you? I thought that hadn't been confirmed? I was under the impression that (so far anyway) it was a one-hit wonder?

It was on telly a good few times.
    You can get it again but its unlikely and even if you do it will probably be much much milder. The body develops an immunity.
    But that doesn't mean you'll never get it again. Pretty much similar to other flu diseases.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope you don't have to wait long for results

36 hours is what they are telling people.

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe some medical staff with no symptoms have been tested.

Source?

I was told 24-48hrs and I will only get a call if positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭bmc58

Ok so I have been showing symptoms for 3 weeks and just got tested today I will know the results in the next 48hrs I pray that I don't have it :(

After three weeks!!! You should be better now if it's Covid 19.

bmc58 wrote: »
    After three weeks!!! You should be better now if it's Covid 19.

Yes because you know everything and that is why there are so many people in the world active with it and a handful recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Yes because you know everything and that is why there are so many people in the world active with it and a handful recovered.

You sound like a right prick.

Mod

Banned

You sound like a right prick.

Probably because I am, and he sounded like a doctor giving medical advice of an illness we still know very little about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

What have your symptoms been the last couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I've had mild symptoms for the last few days. I'm not going to get tested unless the symptoms get severe because I'd likely to be told to stay at home anyway.

• Advertisement

Cough sometimes, sore throat sometimes, fever sometimes, headache sometimes, fatigue most of the time.

If other people that have said yes to symptoms post your symptoms also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cough sometimes, sore throat sometimes, fever sometimes, headache sometimes, fatigue most of the time.

If other people that have said yes to symptoms post your symptoms also
    Same here minus the cough and sore throat.

Same here minus the cough and sore throat.

Oh you definitely don't have it sure you don't have a cough or sore throat...

Joking obviously :rolleyes:

Ive said yes to symptoms, as Ive been excessively sneezing, and have a bit of a head cold and a slight cough, and am ran down a bit, could also be symptoms of an allergy and stress, or common flu which I dont get very often - no pain at all or fever so I wouldnt be looking for a test as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Yes I'm waiting to get date for a test. Had very sore throat then a cough. Also fever and chills, body aches and runny nose and fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Had a dry cough and tightness in the chest.
    Partner back from Italy but not demonstrating any at all.

Rang the GP to arrange a cheat appointment who said I should be tested.

That was only today, don’t know how long I’ll wait for an actual appointment to be tested

begbysback wrote: »
    Ive said yes to symptoms, as Ive been excessively sneezing, and have a bit of a head cold and a slight cough, and am ran down a bit, could also be symptoms of an allergy and stress, or common flu which I dont get very often - no pain at all or fever so I wouldnt be looking for a test as yet.

Sneezing is not a symptom more likely a common cold.

Capture-3.jpg

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Had a dry cough and tightness in the chest.
    Partner back from Italy but not demonstrating any at all.

Rang the GP to arrange a cheat appointment who said I should be tested.

That was only today, don’t know how long I’ll wait for an actual appointment to be tested

I had a consult over the phone on Monday and was tested today.

Very surprised theres a no for sneezing, as a layman I would have thought sneezing was a function of a virus in order to spread. Also I always thought sneezing was related to your immune system at work, expelling unwanted items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

If you had it for 3 weeks would you not be near over the worst of it now?

Advertisement