Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay sane or plan for the apocalypse?

Options
  • 14-03-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

I’m on the edge, Beginning to think I should buy a massive chest freezer and hunker down. (I’ve done no panic buying to date, herd mentality is setting in).In all seriousness, this is getting serious....

How the Fock are you planning to keep sane in the next few weeks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I’m on the edge, Beginning to think I should buy a massive chest freezer and hunker down. (I’ve done no panic buying to date, herd mentality is setting in).In all seriousness, this is getting serious....

Staying off boards would help..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Two weeks?! Hah! Amateur!

Binge watching Doomsday Preppers on Netflix....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Too late. You're as good as dead already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Planning for apocalypses is how I stay sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

No point buying a chest freezer, society only breaks down when the water and ESB go down. The newbies are buying dried pasta, packet soup and frozen food, all no good to you if the **** his the fan.
    You have to think about the long game!

• Advertisement

Set up a GoFundMe. on Facebook.

Yesterday.
    Instead of crying out here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

No point buying a chest freezer, society only breaks down when the water and ESB go down. The newbies are buying dried pasta, packet soup and frozen food, all no good to you if the **** his the fan.
    You have to think about the long game!

Not a'tall. Get yourself a rocket stove. Water? In Ireland right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Keep busy, that's the main thing. Maybe volunteer at a local community group, no wait, that's no good. Go and visit an elderly neighbour, no, actually don't do that. Offer to take your nieces and nephews off for the day, oh no, you can't do that either.
    Just basically keep busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

No one expects the national grid to go down or the mains water to stop working Might be a few isolated outages and take longer to repair than usual. Food also unlikely to run out. Main thing to prepare for would be avoiding cabin fever id say

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Yeah the initial reaction is should I go and bulk buy before it's all gone! But the shops are all fine and stocked up.
    Stay busy at home do some gardening or anything to
    Pass the time away. De clutter.
    I have kids so I can't do anything different if anything I'm busier they have no school so it's a long day entertaining feeding cleaning and cleaning after them. And trying to get them to do something productive indoors as it's raining and they can't really go out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Staying sane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Learn a craft or other useful discipline, fill your time with something practical - paint the house, paint the garden walls/fences, take up dog walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

October is when I see normality being restored, it's going to be a messy journey until then. I see martial law, rations, control of movement within the country all coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Apocalypse here, Dettol wipes and bottles at the ready and even a bottle of vodka on hand as hand cleaner.
    It may never be used but it's here. And no I didn't panic buy, well I did on the vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Are those iodine tablets any addition now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

October is when I see normality being restored, it's going to be a messy journey until then. I see martial law, rations, control of movement within the country all coming.

Gilead in other words.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

fryup wrote: »

😂 you’re killing me, if the virus doesn’t get me first 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Gilead in other words.
    Gilead have developed the most promising Therapeutic drug as it happens

if water, electric, groceries and internet stay up id happily keep goin forever

sanity, sher its a relative notion at best of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have 2 generators, safely stashed in 2 locations, stand by car, beer and water just in case.....

I will have light, TV, and heat no matter what.....

Also have access to a farm so can go there away from a big city, shoot anything moving

• Registered Users Posts: 37,797 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours of a lockdown starting tuesday and could last 6-12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Are those iodine tablets any addition now?

Phone Joe Jacob

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

PTH2009 wrote: »

scaremongeing......

...no way 6-12 months, more likely 18-36 months

Bull....

fryup wrote: »
    Phone Joe Jacob

I'll do just that

• Registered Users Posts: 37,797 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When will Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise and the likes be coming in to save the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

jim salter wrote: »
    scaremongeing......

...no way 6-12 months, more likely 18-36 months

Absolutely !

Anyway, everyone should panic buy and leaving nothing for everybody else. We're all doomed.

Even the alien invasion is on hold now. Drat......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

When will Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise and the likes be coming in to save the day

They're stuck in Italy I hear.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I have 2 generators, safely stashed in 2 locations, stand by car, beer and water just in case.....

I will have light, TV, and heat no matter what.....

Also have access to a farm so can go there away from a big city, shoot anything moving

I have 6 generators safely stashed in 12 locations (yes, you heard me right).

Standby hovercraft or spaceship, alchol free beer and water too. The TV you got me on....

The end is nigh

:rolleyes:

Advertisement