Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfshark VPN 3 years + 3 months for €79.94 (€2.04 per month) with code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I found no issues on PC at all. I removed remnants of other VPN's I had on the PC. NordVPN was a massive clunky thing IIRC. This was a tiny in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got it going on pc, trying different settings and like most VPN, crap speeds compared to without one

Without 200(waiting on virgin to come out as should be near 500)
    With 43

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Moved nearer router to get 5Hhz

Without 190
    With 90

is this working for bbc iplayer currently?

do you need to create a new topcashback account or can you use existing one?

glasso wrote: »
    is this working for bbc iplayer currently?

do you need to create a new topcashback account or can you use existing one?
    The offer is with TCB, so shouldn't need to create a new one.

Yes, BBC iPlayer working without any issues at all for me on 4 devices so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Works for Iplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Never got any email but the account showing £32 outstanding. I guess it will take some time before you actually get the money. So for a €10 or so, its a very good deal.

My cashback is payable now. Anyone who got this deal, check your topcashback account, it may be the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

McMurphy wrote: »
    Signed up, paid (wanted to avail of the unlimited devices) but Netflix is detecting it (using a Nvidia shield) and when testing Netflix sign up(mobile) (Argentina) it's displaying prices in us $

Might be doing something wrong, but if not I'll get on to support.

I've a shield also main reason ive not got iPlayer etc VPN slows it down too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Guys Make sure your IPV6 address is off or not assigned

I had issues with this before and the IPV6 address was giving it away.

Guys if you need to remove the block on accessing BBC iplay, itv Hub, Channel 4 netflix etc then you dont need a VPN for this.

Use a DNS proxy instead.

I use this company and find them great the past 2 years.

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/?afid=e246f8eca1d2

It is my affiliate link but I think that's fair if this works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

flexcon wrote: »
    Guys if you need to remove the block on accessing BBC iplay, itv Hub, Channel 4 netflix etc then you dont need a VPN for this.

Use a DNS proxy instead.

I use this company and find them great the past 2 years.

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/?afid=e246f8eca1d2

It is my affiliate link but I think that's fair if this works out for you.
    I use this service too and I have to agree. I get all the free tvplayers, no geolocking, and disney+ works great also. Dazn is launching in a couple of months in the UK so I hope their dns servers work with that as well.

headnorth wrote: »
    I use this service too and I have to agree. I get all the free tvplayers, no geolocking, and disney+ works great also. Dazn is launching in a couple of months in the UK so I hope their dns servers work with that as well.

I actually just checked with them and they said they had a few requests and Dazn will be added more than likely.

I can access all the players with this (surfshark) without any issues.

Suckit wrote: »
    I can access all the players with this (surfshark) without any issues.

I suppose all of these posts are antidotal.

The use of a VPN means all your traffic is routed through a VPN which can get busy at certain periods.

Using DNS means the traffic is sent directly to your home from the server and therefore less prone to congestion

Doh! That's what presuming gets me. Had no idea Surfshark were offering this, I thought it was just VPN.

Doh! That's what presuming gets me. Had no idea Surfshark were offering this, I thought it was just VPN.
    I was typing it in that they also offer that service and remembered that page.

So far I find the service very good. But when there are no offers on they are probably a bit pricey for many, which is when the smart DNS option you posted may be a better option for them.

I was typing it in that they also offer that service and remembered that page.

So far I find the service very good. But when there are no offers on they are probably a bit pricey for many, which is when the smart DNS option you posted may be a better option for them.

interesting you say that. I can see it's €1,79 per month if you buy 24 months now.

interesting you say that. I can see it's €1,79 per month if you buy 24 months now.

I didn't realise that, I thought the offer was over, and it may be worth checking out the TCB link too.

Edited -
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/surfshark/

They are currently offering 76.25% cashback.

24 months
    Coupon: sharkstart
    EUR
    /mo
    EUR 237.36EUR 42.96
    Billed every 24 months

thats on their home page. Actually very good!

• Advertisement

24 months
    Coupon: sharkstart
    EUR
    /mo
    EUR 237.36EUR 42.96
    Billed every 24 months

thats on their home page. Actually very good!
    I think its €1.67 per month if you go for 39 months offer in the OP, and cashback on both of them, so after cash is refunded both work out a lot cheaper.

Edited

I think it works out at around €10 for 2 years and around €15 for 3 years and 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

What location does it use? If I want US Netflix and bbc player, should it work for both with smart dns? smartdnsproxy allow you to select which region you want for Netflix etc.

bazwaldo wrote: »
    What location does it use? If I want US Netflix and bbc player, should it work for both with smart dns? smartdnsproxy allow you to select which region you want for Netflix etc.

https://surfshark.com/use-cases/unblock-netflix
    https://surfshark.com/use-cases/watch-bbc-iplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Both these links are for using the VPN. No mention of smart dns.

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Both these links are for using the VPN. No mention of smart dns.

I didn't check them, I may have been mixing it up with my last one. I don't use the smartDNS. I have had no issues on this connecting to Hulu, BBC iPlayer or DAZN, but I haven't tried Netflix from any area. I have tried others and not had any issues.

My last service was NordVPN (I think there may be months left on it) and they had smartdns service for streaming. But they got flagged on a few security sites as being dodgy, and there was another issue with logs, so I left. When I went to surfshark I wasn't looking for smartdns but saw they had it. I think it's mainly for devices that can't run VPNs though.

I've not had the need to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

headnorth wrote: »
    Mixed reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Live TV on ITV hub not working for last week or so with Surfshark. I can watch shows. Trying to figure out if its a general outage by ITV so can someone try post if you can watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Live TV on ITV hub not working for last week or so with Surfshark. I can watch shows. Trying to figure out if its a general outage by ITV so can someone try post if you can watch.

I have same problem with Express vpn, no live tv on itv hub.

lukeeman wrote: »
    I have same problem with Express vpn, no live tv on itv hub.

Have you IPV6 running anywhere? Had this issue and it was that damn DSLITE bull crap.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Got Liar working for my mother Thursday night.

It happens every now and then, they have to change up the flagged IP's.
    I think that night I chose to use multihop - India -> UK.

They are usually quick to move on it. I have to say I prefer this over Nordvpn for many things, but on this the UK TV only failed once for me (BBC iPlayer) I was unable to get it for a day no matter which server. Support is ok too.

Advertisement