Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Frozen Aldi pizza. Thin oven ready chips followed by copious cups of tea and choccie biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Nice one RG. I've been working in London the last few months and share an apartment with a work colleague with heritage is a far flung place. He made a veggie curry one night without telling me. I didn't even notice until he told me there was no meat in it. It won't convert me, but it was fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Nice one RG. I've been working in London the last few months and share an apartment with a work colleague with heritage is a far flung place. He made a veggie curry one night without telling me. I didn't even notice until he told me there was no meat in it. It won't convert me, but it was fab.

They are grand every now and again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

The humble taco, and after reliving my childhood with a few camotes I snuck from home,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Home made chicken soup. My staple and sole food almost lately. I finish one batch and on goes another ;) Amazes me that even with the same basic ingredients no two batches are ever the same!

• Advertisement

Chocolate and beer right now. AT HOME.:D

Evening meal of SVs excellent multi grain crackers, cheese and a banana. Weak instant coffee and painkillers ;)

I've got a veggie bolognese sauce simmering, gratin potatoes on the go, falafel balls are browned and in the oven, penne pasta ready to be boiled and there are two big seasoned sirloins patiently waiting at room temperature to join the fray.

Sipping a Merlot on a short union break.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Loving this stuff
    Found it in local supermarket and its beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not a Pancake in sight! My Malaysian flatmate is cooking a Rendang Curry that he claims is the real deal. The chicken is on the bone. The extractor fan is going at a fierce pace. The beers are flowing too.:eek: All exhausted work colleagues sick of eating out are gathered in anticipation.:D

How was the rendang? I make it now and again with this recipe and following the steps in the video. Its a lot of work and takes almost 4 hours but well worth making now and again, its easily one of my favourite dishes.
    https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/01/beef-rendang-and-case-of-invisible-sauce.html

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How was the rendang? I make it now and again with this recipe and following the steps in the video. Its a lot of work and takes almost 4 hours but well worth making now and again, its easily one of my favourite dishes.
    https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/01/beef-rendang-and-case-of-invisible-sauce.html

Its brilliant and I've had it more than once. You are on the right track with making it slowly as that's the proper way - a slow boil in a big pot. I was used to the standard takeaway fast food version which was literally meat with a sauce lashed over it. But my first experience was a traditional version, but reheated and that was in Ireland - nearly as good as the flatmates version.

Tonight and after end of the world beers, its a chicken madras, basmati rice and naan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m now munching my way through a Galaxy selection box I found while tidying :)

Over the next couple of months this thread could descend into eating rats, cats, dogs and each other, so today I was happy out having a roast beef dinner with mash, roasties, carrots and peas with gravy. A few slices of beef left and I'm gonna have a sandwich with the last two slices of bread......from that pan. Only 4 pans left in the freezer.:eek:

During the week I booked a table for lunch today in Dooley's in Waterville, luckily (I hope!) they were the only establishment that serves food and drink in Waterville that were open for business today. The food was as always top class and plenty of it and the views are second to none.

It was a most enjoyable way to spend what will be our last visit to a restaurant for some time, couldn't have been nicer actually.

There will be a lot of old favourites cooked over the coming weeks and the fishing rods and rifles will be utilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A glass of Baileys earlier on

Guess what! Yep chicken soup. Is all I can eat . Ah well! also all but ran out of chocolate so no help there.

Cocktail sausages for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After a breakfast of mushrooms fried with tomatoes ( very important as the tomatoes infused a lovely taste to the mushrooms) with a fried egg on batch bread. Gulped down with a coffee. Have 3 steaks to cook in the air fryer later on with .... mushrooms. I love mushrooms:)

A chedder cheese and mayo sandwich with crisps earlier. Mash and chicken and veg for the girls. Mash and steak for me later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Batchelor's beans on Kerrygold buttered toast.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Guess what! Yep chicken soup. Is all I can eat . Ah well! also all but ran out of chocolate so no help there.

I read some of your earlier posts, and am saddened your unwell. I do hope and pray you get well soon.

Batchelor's beans on Kerrygold buttered toast.

Wash that down with flat 7 Up and you’ll not only be big and strong but virus proof too.

Roast lamb for dinner

Just breaded some pounded chicken breasts. Serving with chunky chips and gravy.

Having a beer. No apologies.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

tea

Cottage Pie with extra gravy on top and extra peas on the side. A beer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Cheese board & wine

Mccambridge brown spread,a layer of mayo,slices of tomato (lots of salt),Dubliner red cheddar, topped with loads of red onion and washed down with a lovely Italian red wine.

• Advertisement

I had chimichangas and gave the leftovers to my dog. Which I am now paying for that lapse of judgment. What is coming out of his backside would be classed as a weapon,heh.

Advertisement