Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

Options

Comments

Some people on this forum have a very unhealthy fixation on the Cheltenham festival.
    If you don’t like it, just don’t watch it. It’s that simple.

Some people on this forum have a very unhealthy fixation on the Cheltenham festival.

It’s not that simple this year though is it? Don’t be stupid. The problem people have with ones going has nothing to do with racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Wash my hands a bit more often.
    Got in extra pulses and rice.
    Have disposable petrol pump gloves on the passenger seat.
    Got a stock of some immune boosting herbs I use, (not weed).
    Notice much more how some people actually hack up their lungs into their hands before reaching into their purses to pay for their shopping. It is disconcerting.
    Developing the dexterity of my knuckles and elbows.
    Have started making great jokes like when someone coughs I say sternly From next Tuesday we shoot everyone who coughs . Hilarious. Everyone loves it

I've decided to do this the Big Joe Joyce way and steep my hands in petrol.

This inspires me. I think I will add this to my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Nobody cares about the Cheltenham festival. What we do care about is people going, knowing it will help spread the coronavirus even further. They knew that and they went anyway.

They are utter pillocks and their actions will cost lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah jesus.

That's it is it just don't watch it and the virus will go away.

Selfish people in this world never cease to amaze me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Popped into the local Tesco earlier this afternoon just before the schools finished. Managed to get a small bag of baby potatoes, some salmon and veg for the dinner and some bottled water. Couldn’t get over the bare shelves. No pasta or bread to be got. Fresh food mostly gone too.
    But I was surprised to see the shelves of feminine hygiene products bare as well. Feck all tampons or pads available. You’d swear every woman in the locality had Aunt Flo visiting. I can somewhat understand people panic buying food, daft and all as that is, but not bulk buying tampons. Mind boggling.

The panic buying actually started last week really but today was just madness...I keep seeing posts about people saying there not getting enough info from government and Not doing enough but today showed the general public can’t be trusted with info...the school closure was announced and people lost their minds

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Heard a lot of people supplying lunches to schools let go earlier.
    Same to many businesses supplying schools and colleges.

So many restaurants and cafes wont survive the next couple of weeks.

A lot won't even make news but it's awfully sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

buried wrote: »
    I don't give a monkeys f**k about horse racing man, what I do give a f**k about is bookmakers making multi millions a week, multi millions taken out of this country every week by foreign shops like Ladbrokes, not only by horse racing but by a whole myriad of gambling activities, these are recreational activities that cause severe damage to sections of our society, same way that booze and cigarettes do, those things have excise duty placed on them, so why not gambling bets?

Sounds like pocket talk to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Have people started filling their cars with fuel yet.?

Only a matter of time I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Interesting to see the quarantine process from an Irish teacher living in Wuhan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

No panic buying here I have all I need.

Lightweight. That won’t last long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭appledrop

Jeff2 wrote: »

Yep. I filled up today + had to wait 15mins to queue + then another 10 to pay. Have a full tank so dont have to worry about it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah jesus.

That's it is it just don't watch it and the virus will go away.

Selfish people in this world never cease to amaze me.

If anything this virus has clearly demonstrated the number of rotten selfish horrible people we share this planet with.

I went to Tesco today to get some lunch and the number of people with hundreds of toilet rolls in their trollies. Disgusting. Couldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

How’s Margaret and her Angles doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I’ll admit that I’m over here in Cheltenham. I wasn’t going to go, but made the decision on Tuesday that I would as I’d everything booked. It’s normally the highlight of my year, even if the atmosphere is slightly more subdued at this running of the festival.

I’d say both countries are riddled with the corona at this stage so it wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference calling it off.

There's no Corona in Cheltenham I can assure you of that Johnnyfash, if that is indeed youre real name, which I doubt. Just great big dirty pints of Guinness and a feed of rasher and sausage and mebbe a few Jamie and white in the pub later. Just to set your mind at ease on the Corona.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,829 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jeff2 wrote: »

I do get the food thing - but what is logic here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

If anything this virus has clearly demonstrated the number of rotten selfish horrible people we share this planet with.

I went to Tesco today to get some lunch and the number of people with hundreds of toilet rolls in their trollies. Disgusting. Couldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves.

:D:D

Love it.

All Football has gone ahead all over Europe and is still going on in most countries. People are still going on holidays and flying about. Some people have to travel for various reasons.

One day of English football would have more spectators than the whole Cheltenham festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I do get the food thing - but what is logic here ?

Its one of the normal panic buys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Good point, Nonoperational, but I would have thought there problem is an excess in the crapping department if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,829 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

L1011 wrote: »
    Its one of the normal panic buys.

Yes - just trying to think why.

In snow , there is a fear of no delivery - but delivery of fuel not even on the horizon.

One point about shops. The poor staff , they are not capable of social distancing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes - just trying to think why.

In snow , there is a fear of no delivery - but delivery of fuel not even on the horizon.

One point about shops. The poor staff , they are not capable of social distancing at all.

The same applies to basically everything that's being panic bought, though - there is no logic at all to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭appledrop

But I was surprised to see the shelves of feminine hygiene products bare as well. Feck all tampons or pads available. You’d swear every woman in the locality had Aunt Flo visiting. I can somewhat understand people panic buying food, daft and all as that is, but not bulk buying tampons. Mind boggling.

As a woman it's not mind boggling. If you have your period you need sanitary products + we could get to stage of complete lockdown so actually they are very important. You cant be without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Aldi Kildare had to call the cops - people were nicking stuff from other trolleys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Only utter vermin are into horse racing.

Get their jollies off by watching horses being whipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Dunnes Kilnamanagh has extra staff in to restock the shelves this evening. Full trollys and plenty more people in this evening than usual.

The city centre is an absoulute joy to walk in. It was like being on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

afro man wrote: »
    What about Irish fans in Liverpool last night..??
    Them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Darc19 wrote: »
    Aldi Kildare had to call the cops - people were nicking stuff from other trolleys :D
    I hear the army are being called in next. They might have to enforce martial law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Only utter vermin are into horse racing.

Get their jollies off by watching horses being whipped.

Bit harsh there, tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement