Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pretty much all of the online shops from Tesco/Supervalue etc have been down for the past hour.
    Yes - the panic has well and truly began.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Had the same experience at 3 supermarkets that I dropped by after lunch. All full car parks. Didn't bother going into any.
    This is just the idiots panicking after schools were suspended. The panic buying will blow over soon. Even in worst affected countries the supply network for virtually everything apart from sanitisers and protective equipment has remained intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Bloke in front of me had two trolleys of food, including 20 carrot cakes. I'm trying to get my head around how long it takes to go through 20 carrot cakes, even in a place that likes them.

Imagine the state of his skin (and innards) after eating all those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Give it a few days. People are losing their minds now but once people have stocked up and the next deliveries arrive in the shops it'll be grand. The supply chains are good. A friend of mine works in the supply network for a large chain. He said they have warehouses full of stuff it's getting it delivered that's the slow bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Plenty of vegan foods still on the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hope they’re panic buying condoms as well to prevent the spawning of future generations of stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The time has come to crack each others' heads open and feast on the goo inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Same deal here, had to walk out of 2 supermarkets, all I wanted was a f*cking sambo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

That's because all the vegans have already succumbed to the Panic. Most of them are so weak they would blow away in a strong gust of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

No need to panic but

WE

ARE

ALL

GOING

TO

GET A BAD COLD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Same here. You would swear it was Christmas or something absolutely crazy. There was even a woman wearing a mask in the shop.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Each morning the stocks will magically replenish, who would have thunk it. I'll wait a few days for the craven idiocy to subside, then carry on with my shopping as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Proof that its just the idiots panicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Lol at the carrot cakes. A cafe I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I'd rather eat the toilet rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Had the same experience at 3 supermarkets that I dropped by after lunch. All full car parks. Didn't bother going into any.
    This is just the idiots panicking after schools were suspended. The panic buying will blow over soon. Even in worst affected countries the supply network for virtually everything apart from sanitisers and protective equipment has remained intact.

I shouted at some bloke with his sandwich in hand to go in front of me. Queue was 10 people deep with multiple trolleys. Poor bastard would have been there for half a hour just to get some lunch.

A bloody 60 seater bus of old people was pulling up outside with a horde heading into the shops.

The security guy was having people queue to get in.

Cars parking on pavements or just left with hazards on in the middle of the car park.

I just wanted to get some tea bags and stuff for dinner tonight. The panic got to me though, so I ran off to get the rest of the carrot cakes. That guy was clearly onto something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its like the shops around Christmas eve - shops will be restocked in a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

I fully understand that, if you are trying to keep ahead of Covid 19 you have got to eat healthy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

AMKC wrote: »
    Same here. You would swear it was Christmas or something absolutely crazy. There was even a woman wearing a mask in the shop.
    She might think it's Halloween as she's delirious from the fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's nothing, have passengers getting on the bus with gloves and masks....

Last week seen driver on the 15 with mask and gloves too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭tscul32

I need to get a tin of chopped tomatoes for tonight's curry. Think I'll try a Spar and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

endacl wrote: »
    Hope they’re panic buying condoms as well to prevent the spawning of future generations of stupid.
    :D The film Idiocracy comes to mind. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I bought an extra bag of spuds. There's two bags of porridge oats at home, plus loads of flour. Plenty of onions and tinned peas.

Bars of soap for washing anything and old newspaper for the bumbums.

Bring on the war, I'm ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

What, like for Halloween? Isn't it a bit early for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

tscul32 wrote: »
    I need to get a tin of chopped tomatoes for tonight's curry. Think I'll try a Spar and hope for the best.

If you can't get any, give me a shout. I'll trade you a can for two toilet rolls and your firstborn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I shouted at some bloke with his sandwich in hand to go in front of me. Queue was 10 people deep with multiple trolleys. Poor bastard would have been there for half a hour just to get some lunch.

A bloody 60 seater bus of old people was pulling up outside with a horde heading into the shops.

The security guy was having people queue to get in.

Cars parking on pavements or just left with hazards on in the middle of the car park.

I just wanted to get some tea bags and stuff for dinner tonight. The panic got to me though, so I ran off to get the rest of the carrot cakes. That guy was clearly onto something.

Fair play. I just wanted beer for the weekend in, they're doing a nice deal on hop house in Aldi at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Aldi Tullamore like a scene from Aleppo, the parking of car’s was how I imagine a blindfolded toddler would drive.
    Trolleys packed with food, and bottles of wine, someone is doing good business here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

All we need now is a good auld snow storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My brother's a self-employed musician so his employment prospects aren't looking good for the next month and my mother works as a tour guide on cruise ships so is expecting her next few gigs to be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Seamai wrote: »
    Imagine the state of his skin (and innards) after eating all those.

It will have a healthy orange glow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement