Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 29 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

thunderdog wrote: »
    Like many I did the Pope to McCarthy switch in GW23. Pope has 49 points since then versus McCarthys 19 points. Pope will be slotting back into my team for blank GW31.

Similar, only fodder on bench so need a playing keeper and in better form so a no Briner. Getting stung on keepers this season. Never swapped as many times due to various reasons compared to other years where I'd pick 2 at start and never change.

Have had:
    Heaton, Pope, Gazza, Fab, Ryan and McCarthy so far this season and McGovern on bench.

And will be getting Pope back in again.

Looking back, I missed the boat on them all and injuries killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Prob gonna bank. Would love to get Sarr in but I can't do it without a hit, and one which would probably involve getting Vardy out which feels wrong given his fixture. If I want to avoid a hit I might look at Doucoure or Pope. I'm not sure of chip strategy yet so banking would give me another week to faff around about that.

So looking like:
    Ryan
    TAA Robertson Egan Doherty
    Fernandes Salah KDB
    Vardy Ings Jimi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Kdb doubtful, for weekend so im thinkin mahrez for the dgw instead. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Leicester or spurs more likely for a clean sheet this week? Either doing soyuncu to aurier or banking and doing it next week along with mccarthy to Patricio I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I could do Vardy to Aubameyang(c) for free but really don't think it's worth it. It would mean 1 less ft for 31 and Vardy could outscore him in the one game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I could do Vardy to Aubameyang(c) for free but really don't think it's worth it. It would mean 1 less ft for 31 and Vardy could outscore him in the one game.

Give me aubas west ham(h) city(a) blank norwich(h) wolves(a) and a potential dgw with Southampton(a) leicester(h) over vardy's
    Villa(h) watford(a) blank everton(a) palace(a) and a potential dgw with arsenal(a) and Brighton(h).

I'd do it if you have at least 6 players for 31

Give me aubas west ham(h) city(a) blank norwich(h) wolves(a) and a potential dgw with Southampton(a) leicester(h) over vardy's
    Villa(h) watford(a) blank everton(a) palace(a) and a potential dgw with arsenal(a) and Brighton(h).

I'd do it if you have at least 6 players for 31

Food for thought for sure. Just think West Ham could be a banana skin for Arsenal and they never perform in the big away games. All comes down to captaincy, I'd be much more comfortable putting it on a rested Salah against one of the worse defences in the league, just don't trust Auba or Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kdb doubtful, for weekend so im thinkin mahrez for the dgw instead. Any thoughts?

I'm thinking the same myself now.

on WC so no hits involved but want a City midfielder in now for the 2 games while KDB is a doubt. Might leave this one til last minute. But Mahrez surely plays 90 mins over the 2 games anyways? Is Pepe too much of a unknown for the same 2 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

FitzShane wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same myself now.

on WC so no hits involved but want a City midfielder in now for the 2 games while KDB is a doubt. Might leave this one til last minute. But Mahrez surely plays 90 mins over the 2 games anyways? Is Pepe too much of a unknown for the same 2 games?
    On wildcard meself, the more i think of it the more im leanin to mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody not doin any transfers this week? Thinking of goin with KDB & that’s it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Probably will do a transfer but for a GW31 player. If so, I’ll be running with KDB as my only DGW player also.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Yep same. No-one jumping out except for Sarr and he's just at an awkward price for me to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have 2 Ft so have to do one
    Otherwise I wouldn’t

km79 wrote: »
    I have 2 Ft so have to do one
    Otherwise I wouldn’t

You still going Ings to Jota?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FullMoonFever

Who scores more points?

Inga and Mane

Or

Pepe and Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Almost certainly
    It just seems silly to sell DCL
    It would also mean using a FT to bring in someone who will be a sub this week
    I would rather buy players for 31 closer to the time if i don’t need them yet
    I would say I am most likely to carry a FT out of 31 at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I’m just wondering would this week be ideal to use free hit.
    Need to bring in auba and de bruyne potentially.
    Or keep it for another week, I currently have no arsenal or city players

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I’m just wondering would this week be ideal to use free hit.
    Need to bring in auba and de bruyne potentially.
    Or keep it for another week, I currently have no arsenal or city players

If I am bringing in PEA, I am bringing him in for good. No more EL games so almost guaranteed to start every PL game from here on in. Including 1 double GW and at least 1 more coming. He is a terrific potential captain and/or triple captain prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Think KdB only plays one game. Might switch out in a -4 hit for Aubameyang but not sure which midfielder to bring in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Who scores more points?

Inga and Mane

Or

Pepe and Auba

Pepe and Auba, not even close IMO, both outscore their rival individually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Almost certainly
    It just seems silly to sell DCL
    It would also mean using a FT to bring in someone who will be a sub this week
    I would rather buy players for 31 closer to the time if i don’t need them yet
    I would say I am most likely to carry a FT out of 31 at this stage

I agree, Ings could do well this weekend but overall DCL is the better bet and Jota is better than both

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've done it.

Gives me Jota and Jimi up front with ammmmm Vardy who's still hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is it crazy selling Vardy or Firmino for Auba? Pity both have such good fixtures this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is it crazy selling Vardy or Firmino for Auba? Pity both have such good fixtures this week!!

I’m doing Vardy to Auba and either KDB to Mahrez or Sidibe to 4m. If I had Firmino I would definitely wait for team news as he might not start in the early kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Vardy and Ings to Auba and Jota. Double Wolves up front with Jiminez. Hoping wolves maintain the form

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

thunderdog wrote: »
    Did Vardy and Ings to Auba and Jota. Double Wolves up front with Jiminez. Hoping wolves maintain the form

I think I'm going to do this, annoyed I didn't just go ahead last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

dumping vrdy worries me, not sure i can do it. would actually love firminio to be dropped. Hate having him, but again, he has nice fixtures and plays 31

miller82 wrote: »
    dumping vrdy worries me, not sure i can do it. would actually love firminio to be dropped. Hate having him, but again, he has nice fixtures and plays 31

I feel like that about Auba, he gets the points but no enjoyment from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Planned Ings/Richy to Auba/Saka but that rise for Auba last night has me 0.1 short. Annoying.

• Advertisement

Have Traore and Jimmi already, is Jota overkill?

Either Jota and Auba for Vardy and Ings or a simpler Ryan to Patricio

Advertisement